Calling for New Forum Moderators

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Calling for New Forum Moderators

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:36 am

Well, the time has come again; we're ready to add some new moderators to our team. If you are active on the WolfQuest forums, are dedicated to WolfQuest, and think you'd do a great job of helping keep the forums friendly and running smoothly, we'd love to have you apply. First, read through the requirements (Moderator Expectations). If you think you can adhere to these agreements and are still interested in becoming a WolfQuest moderator, follow the directions and answer all the questions on the application. I know the application is long, but I'm hoping it'll help us choose the best candidates for the job. I have attached a Word document to this post, or you can copy the application listed below into an e-mail. The deadline is March 1, 2010; I do not accept PM applications. Good luck! (Note- I will accept and consider applications from members who are younger than 15, but preference will be given to those who are 15 or older.)

WolfQuest Forum Moderator Application
Name:
Username:

1) What do you like about the WolfQuest forum?
2) How often do you currently visit the WolfQuest forum?
3) What are three forums on wolfquest.org you visit frequently and would like to help moderate?
  • 1)
    2)
    3)
4) As a moderator, what things would do you to help out the forum?
5) Do you have any customer service experience (a job or volunteer position in which you work directly with and for other people)? If so, where?
6) How often do you check your e-mail?

Please respond with what you would do in these hypothetical situations:
1) You lock two topics. One user complains to you via PM or e-mail, the other user asks to make a new, similar topic.
2) Another moderator unlocks a topic you believe should stay locked.
3) You see a questionable topic and are unsure whether to lock it or leave it open.
4) You see a post or signature that insults another member.
5) You log in to the forums feeling annoyed/angry at something that recently happened to you, only to find a rather rude PM sent to you from a forum member.
6) You PM a user in regards to their behavior- their reply is angry and borderline abusive.
7) Two users are arguing/insulting each other in the Off-Topic Topic.
8 ) You notice a multiplayer game with inappropriate behavior.
9) Someone asks a question you don’t know the answer to.
10) Someone is giving false information on the forums about wolves or WolfQuest.

Moderator Expectations:
•Act as a role model and make positive contributions to the WQ Community.
•Positively and accurately represent the WolfQuest Team.
•Communicate with administrators, moderators, and other forum members in a professional and helpful manner. Avoid posting anything that may seem negative, demeaning, excluding, or condescending.
•Check the moderated forum(s) at least once per day to answer questions, remove inappropriate topics and posts, and add new topics.
•Check the Moderator forum at least once per day to answer questions and participate in discussions.
•Check for and report inappropriate behavior in the WolfQuest multiplayer games as you are able
•Respond to those who go against the Community Guidelines in a positive, constructive, and informative manner.
•Correspond with administrators about concerns and planned absences.
•Be at least 15 years old.

Moderator Benefits:
•Access to the Moderators-only Forum
•Ability to move and/or lock topics and posts.
•Title appears in profile.
•Might be given early information about the game and/or its development, and assist in beta testing.

Once you have filled out this application, please e-mail it to coordinator@wolfquest.org before March 1, 2010.
Attachments
Moderator Application 2010.doc
(34 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Calling for New Forum Moderators

Post by paperpaws » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:38 am

Okay, I am thinking of applying. To the team: I wish you good luck with choosing the best people, I am aware of the responsibility that comes with it.

SonyWolf

Post by SonyWolf » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 am

I don't understand one thing: Do you accept applications from people who are younger than 15 years old or not?

StoneRose
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by StoneRose » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:43 am

Cana did not accept users under 15 last time, no.
I am an experienced at moderation, and so I may apply.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:46 am

(Note- I will accept and consider applications from members who are younger than 15, but preference will be given to those who are 15 or older.)
There you go. It is in the post =D

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:46 am

I will be working in my application, but I still have a question. In the last topic you were asking for Moderators you said that if the Community was needed more Mods, you will use the old application for picking people from there, instead of having to go through all the applications again, is this still valid or the ones that already applied don't need to re-send the app.?

Sony, I think Cana meants that she will look at the application of users that are younger (15 -), but yet she is searching for older users.

-Sheeba
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by -Sheeba » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:47 am

I was thinking about applying, but I've come to the decision that I won't. I'm just not ready to handle such an important job. I wish the best of luck who do apply!

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:52 am

TheRaveWolf wrote:Cana did not accept users under 15 last time, no.
I am an experienced at moderation, and so I may apply.

I believe all users will be considered, regardless of age. The admin wants moderators to be over 15 do to the nature of some of the Multiplayer chats. But, members under the age of 15 who have proven themselves well on the forum will still be considered if they apply.

Loua
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Loua » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 pm

I was thinking of applying,but I'm just going to be 11 and for some reason I can't download the game so,I won't.Mybe I'll wait a few more years...
By the way,what did Cana meant when she said "Title appears in profile"?
PS:SD is not a mod anymore?!Aww,at least you will not have to go around all day long locking topics and reporting bad behaviour,I'm shure it is tiring! ^_^

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:09 pm

This sounds interesting, I'm glad the they will be considering users younger then 15. But one question, what happened to the old moderators? Why are they no longer mods?

StoneRose
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by StoneRose » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:12 pm

@Hoover- They resigned. But still have the power to reapply 8D

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:24 pm

I would be happy to be a Moderator. I am experienced at Moderating in another game and am apparently good at it. So yes, I am applying.
Last edited by Zarago on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShatteredSoul

Post by ShatteredSoul » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:28 pm

This is great, I will apply! :) Good luck to everyone!

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Sintact- I believe that was in regards to that decision- I chose four people and if we decided we needed more, I'd just use the old application. But now it's (exactly!) 7 months later, and I'm guessing some answers will change (especially since there are added questions), so I'd recommend filling out the new one. I'd like to give everyone a clean slate to apply as they are now, not as they were 7 months ago.

Moderators come and go, typically because of personal reasons, and it is always each moderator's decision if they'd like to share those reasons or not. Please do not inundate any moderators (past or present) or me with PMs or e-mails asking why someone left or if they're coming back. Thank you.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:48 pm

You are wise, I forgot that people changed. Already noticed the new questions. Thanks for the reply. Sintact will be working in his application.

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”