Calling for New Forum Moderators

Archived news, updates and announcements.
jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Re: Calling for New Forum Moderators

Post by jaguartail » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:07 pm

Only 4 hours and 53 minutes until the application box closes!!!!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Wowzers, 97 applicants!
I wish all who applied the best of luck. I also wish Cana and the mods the best of luck deciding who the new mods will be! ^^

Thanks for the update, Cana! :)

Werewolves Rule
Pup
Pup

Post by Werewolves Rule » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:37 pm

jaguartail wrote:Only 4 hours and 53 minutes until the application box closes!!!!
It's slowly coming to a close....can't wait to see who you pick, Cana! Although I don't envy you your position right now xD Good luck deciding =D

Cloudsky

Post by Cloudsky » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:49 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:Well, I think I've looked through all the applications that have come in so far, for a grand total of... 97 applicants! That's more than double what we had last year, and it will be an extremely hard decision. Since you all seemed curious, I'm currently leaning towards adding about 4 new moderators (3-5). I am basically going through the same process to choose as I did with the last batch of new moderators, and I did start that process with the first application. (Which is a good thing, because reading through 97 applications now would take quite a while.) I will still consider anyone who e-mails me their application before midnight tonight (Central Standard Time), though I hope there aren't many more left, and I hope people are only applying if they know they'll be dedicated, helpful, and kind.

It will be fun to see some new green names on the forums. I'm looking forward to it. :mrgreen:
Wow, that is a quite lot of applications,Cana!It'll be nice to see more green around the forums! :) I wish you the best of luck choosing new moderators!

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 pm

this is my last time posting on this topic,and with only 4 hours and 9 minutes remaining now...I have one last thing to say

Good luck to all who applied,and to all a good night.

Frost Blizzard
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Frost Blizzard » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:52 pm

W O W!!! Cana i wish u the best of luck chosing people and i wish everyone luck for being chosen! :D

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:09 pm

jaguartail wrote:this is my last time posting on this topic,and with only 4 hours and 9 minutes remaining now...I have one last thing to say

Good luck to all who applied,and to all a good night.
There's not much time left! I hope people that strongly feel they'll make a great moderator have had the chance to apply.

Good luck to you, jaguartail, and to everyone else as well.

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Once again, the best of luck to all! May the best be chosen. Good luck to you too, Cana!

I decided against applying, as I have nearer goals here to for fill and I guess 92 applications should be avoided if possible.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Hoover wrote:Once again, the best of luck to all! May the best be chosen. Good luck to you too, Cana!

I decided against applying, as I have nearer goals here to for fill and I guess 92 applications should be avoided if possible.
..don't you mean it would turn into 98 applicants? ;D
I am basically going through the same process to choose as I did with the last batch of new moderators, and I did start that process with the first application. (Which is a good thing, because reading through 97 applications now would take quite a while.)
It must be a hard desicion, but when you've realized your goals you can't settle with something that you don't think you'll be in the long run for; that was a very responsible desicion you made right there. Cana apperciates it.
Thanks to those of you who decided not to apply because you aren't active enough yet or don't think you'd like/could handle the responsibility. It's a mature decision (as Koa said) and really helps me focus on the people who are serious about it. Plus, you never know when we'll be adding more moderators in the future!

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:11 pm

Koa wrote:
Hoover wrote:Once again, the best of luck to all! May the best be chosen. Good luck to you too, Cana!

..don't you mean it would turn into 98 applicants? ;D
I am basically going through the same process to choose as I did with the last batch of new moderators, and I did start that process with the first application. (Which is a good thing, because reading through 97 applications now would take quite a while.)
It must be a hard desicion, but when you've realized your goals you can't settle with something that you don't think you'll be in the long run for; that was a very responsible desicion you made right there. Cana apperciates it.
Thanks to those of you who decided not to apply because you aren't active enough yet or don't think you'd like/could handle the responsibility. It's a mature decision (as Koa said) and really helps me focus on the people who are serious about it. Plus, you never know when we'll be adding more moderators in the future!
98... Yes... I need to wake up. xD My deepest respects to you Koa, you hit quite near my true reasons. If, indeed, you haven't completely gotten them. Also thanks for the quote from Cana about not applying.

Distant Star
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Distant Star » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:19 pm

Wow!A lot of applications to go through!Since this will probably be my last post here,I wish everyone the best of luck!It'll be great to see many new green names around!

Valefor
Pup
Pup

Post by Valefor » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:40 am

Wow 98 applicants, I wish Cana the Best of luck trying to select the new Moderators. Also best of luck to everyone who applied I hope that whoever gets picked has the right amount of responsibility and good qualities.

Good luck to everyone! ^_^

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:33 am

Since it is now past the deadline. I shall lock this topic. I too look forward to seeing the new green names. I trust Cana to pick the best ones, and I am sure they will do a great job, and represent the WQ team in a positive manner. As well as help the community out and keep it safe. A new topic will be made when Cana announces the new moderators, so keep a look out for that ;)

Best of luck to all of you that applied :)

[Topic Locked.]

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”