WolfQuest Video Contest!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

WolfQuest Video Contest!

Post by WQ Coordinator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Hello, all! This is an impromptu contest for anyone with the interest and know-how to create WolfQuest videos.

ZooGuy is presenting WolfQuest at a national conference on Education and Technology for AZA (Association of Zoos and Aquariums) on September 14 and would love to have a video to show some of the cool things people can do and learn about in the WolfQuest game. He'd like to have a one- to two-minute video that highlights the best parts of both Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek. We've seen some pretty interesting videos on Youtube so know quite a few of you have had fun making WolfQuest videos from the game and would love to see what you can come up with for his presentation! The trick is- he needs the video by Friday, September 10th so he has time to review and choose which video he'd like to use for the conference. He also needs to be able to download the video in case he doesn't have an internet connection at the conference, so we will only be able to accept videos that are posted on Vimeo (not Youtube. The creator of the video will win a WolfQuest t-shirt and embroidered patch!

The quick contest details:
  • Make a 1-2 minute video of WolfQuest gameplay
  • Post your video on Vimeo (www.vimeo.com)
  • Send an e-mail to me (coordinator@wolfquest.org) with your name, username, t-shirt size, and a link to where your video can be viewed and downloaded. Do not attach the video to the e-mail.
  • All e-mails and videos must be received/posted on or before Friday, September 10th and include all of the information listed above.
The winner will be contacted via e-mail, and the link to the video will be posted on the forums along with the winner's username.

Any questions? Please post them on this topic and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability. If you do not know how to make a video from your computer, sorry, but I am unable to provide technical assistance. This contest is geared toward people who already have experience making computer videos. No entries will be accepted after Friday, September 10th. Good luck!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Larkarl
Former WQ Moderator

Re: WolfQuest Video Contest!

Post by Larkarl » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:14 pm

This seems like a great idea for a contest! Good luck to ZooGuy at that conference as well.

I do have one question; can regular users answer any questions that people might have about making videos?

West
Yearling
Yearling

Post by West » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Wow, this is a great thing! I'd love to make a video, and I think I might. Creative way to solve problems, holding a contest. :)

Yeah, Good luck to ZooGuy! I'll start working on a video now.

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:19 pm

This is really awesome Cana, I will try my best to enter the contest as I have a working video maker on my computer. I am not sure if I can upload to Vimeo though, however I will try my best.

As for any questions - I kinda do, but I don't know if it's weird or considered a stupid question. (I hope it's not)
Does it matter what video maker we have it on? For example, I have Windows Movie Maker, would I be able to use that?

And, what exactly (besides the T-shirt) would happen if a person where to win?
And, how would one win? Will there be a vote like last contest? Or will the team decide?

Cenetri
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Cenetri » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Interesting idea to help out ZooGuy; I hope it goes well. C=

Winterwolf1

Post by Winterwolf1 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Cool idea Cana! I wish luck to all who enter this great idea ^^.

-Sheeba
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by -Sheeba » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:22 pm

This is a really great idea, Cana! Good luck to everyone who enters; I'll think about entering myself ;)

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Great idea Cana and Zooguy! I'm totally going to try my best to enter. X3

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:36 pm

This is indeed a great idea Cana and ZooGuy!
Good luck to everyone who enters, i'm sure the videos will be stunning!^^

Jayness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Jayness » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Thats totally awesome! Now I'm going to have to figure out how to get HyperCam. Wish me luck! =D

she wolf
Yearling
Yearling
Location: • In Halo 3 help'n Master Chief and Arbiter save the world •

Post by she wolf » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:49 pm

wow this sounds interesting awsome idea i would love to make one but i dont have anything to make it with so good luck everyone have fun !
hope to see your videos

AlbinoWolf6
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by AlbinoWolf6 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:00 pm

What a great idea! Good luck to those who are entering! 8D

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Larkarl wrote:Can regular users answer any questions that people might have about making videos?
Sure, though I don't want this topic to be just technical support for making videos. If you already know how and would like to type up step-by-step instructions on how to do it (if they don't already exist on other parts of this forum), I'd be happy to add it to the WolfQuest FAQ.
Zethra wrote:Does it matter what video maker we have it on? For example, I have Windows Movie Maker, would I be able to use that?
That shouldn't matter, as long as the file type is compatible with most computer types. It won't win if we can't watch it. ;)
Zethra wrote:And, what exactly (besides the T-shirt) would happen if a person where to win? And, how would one win? Will there be a vote like last contest? Or will the team decide?
That's it- this is a minor contest and we don't have much time to put it together. ZooGuy just needs a video for this conference and we thought it'd be fun to let WolfQuest members try their hand at making something he can use. He'll decide the winner, as he's the one who's using the video. I may preview them all and send the best his way if there are a lot of entries, but otherwise it's up to him.

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

tawny454
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by tawny454 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:02 pm

I want to do this but, i only have an unregisteredversion of hypercam so it has that littlebox o the top, would that be acceptable?

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Hmm... good question. That might not matter, though that's really up to him. It depends on how much it distracts from the video and how obnoxious it is.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”