Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Archived news, updates and announcements.
-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:23 pm

mynameisfaolan wrote:
Thandi wrote:Psssh no.

This humors me, really, about how many people are expecting werewolves and hunters in 2.5.
What's next, unicorns?

No, Thandi. Zombies. They think in the next episode WQ is adding winged rabid immortal zombie wolves.

This is so hilarious. Sometimes I chuckle thinking about it. Some people don't read, they just read it's about wolves and just download it without reading anything else. I bet if they read the game was educational then they'll go "Bleh. No. Nuh-uh."
...I cracked up when I read that. xD I mean, seriously people? Those werewolves look more like some creature from a fantasy war game than anything else. :3

I do wish more people would look at the forums rather than just believing anything -- more than half the members who only go on multiplayer think saving spots is allowed since so many people do it anyway.
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

Arikae
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Moose

Post by Arikae » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:48 am

^^ The sad part about this is that the werewolves in the video are owned by the World of Warcraft company, Blizzard. So basically it's somewhat "stealing" I guess? Without permission to use at least.
It gets 'kinda annoying after a while of all the people on Youtube going "when can I get it?"
♪You are the ocean's gray waves...♪

sparky_wolf

Post by sparky_wolf » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:23 am

Basically it's just a shame some people can be so gullible and abrupt. I mean, why would Eduweb, Minnesota Zoo and The International Wolf Center fund and support a program/site that releases episodes about mythical/fake creatures?

Why would The International Wolf Center in Ely, Minnesota, Yellowstone National Park, Smithsonian National Zoological Park, Washington, D.C. Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago, the Toronto Zoo, the California Wolf Center, the Knoxville Zoo, the Rosamond Gifford Park Zoo in New York, the Phoenix Zoo and the Wild Canid Survival and Research Center in Missouri all promote and support WolfQuest if they were suggesting unrealistic creatures were features in a educational game?

Why would WolfQuest have recieved the 2009 MUSE Awards from the American Association of Museums and The Editor's Choice Award by Children's Technology Review and the National Science Foundation to present at the 2009 Senate Education Technology Showcase in Washington D.C.?

It really is a terrible shame. People are entitled to their beliefs' and opinions', and I'm completeley fine with that, as long as they don't share them and spread them as the correct information. The below links describe specifically what WolfQuest is and what is intended to be depicted, now and in the future.

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34824
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34815
raise 'em on rhythm and blues

March 2011 UotM.

Icon -
WickedTrickster

-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:42 pm

sparky_wolf wrote:Basically it's just a shame some people can be so gullible and abrupt. I mean, why would Eduweb, Minnesota Zoo and The International Wolf Center fund and support a program/site that releases episodes about mythical/fake creatures?

Why would The International Wolf Center in Ely, Minnesota, Yellowstone National Park, Smithsonian National Zoological Park, Washington, D.C. Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago, the Toronto Zoo, the California Wolf Center, the Knoxville Zoo, the Rosamond Gifford Park Zoo in New York, the Phoenix Zoo and the Wild Canid Survival and Research Center in Missouri all promote and support WolfQuest if they were suggesting unrealistic creatures were features in a educational game?

Why would WolfQuest have recieved the 2009 MUSE Awards from the American Association of Museums and The Editor's Choice Award by Children's Technology Review and the National Science Foundation to present at the 2009 Senate Education Technology Showcase in Washington D.C.?

It really is a terrible shame. People are entitled to their beliefs' and opinions', and I'm completeley fine with that, as long as they don't share them and spread them as the correct information. The below links describe specifically what WolfQuest is and what is intended to be depicted, now and in the future.

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34824
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34815
The answer to all of those questions, my dear Spark, all go back to the first sentence of your post. It's a shame that so many people are so gullible, and they are so gullible that most of them would rather watch a fake video about werewolves and whatever in WolfQuest rather than spend an extra 15 minutes to scan through the FAQ and informative sections on this site. It's sad, but true, to say that those people who will accept practically anything anyone says are our future. ): I am glad that staying here is as close as you get to the Team, though, and you'll never be tricked into false truth.
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:00 pm

I've heard alot about this rumor, and I do believe it started when someone from YouTube created a video that apparently took alot of money to make, and that person said she worked wiith you? to make that fake episode.
One raindrop among millions.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:59 am

Oceansong-Direwolf wrote:I've heard alot about this rumor, and I do believe it started when someone from YouTube created a video that apparently took alot of money to make, and that person said she worked wiith you? to make that fake episode.
As far as I'm aware, the person who created the video didn't state that she worked with the Team to create the episode, I don't believe they mentioned money either. Apparently it was just a simple project she was working on.

There is actually a description within the video description box, which states most of the details, if you want to check it out :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1j-r_tuWag
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

lozzie
Pup
Pup

Post by lozzie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:57 am

I can't see the video but at least everyone can see where the rumor came from, it is a shame that some people might have got over-exited with the "news".
when i was searching for the video, the auto-search thing came up and said "where can i download wolfquest 3: midnights pass" so i guess all this started from the video.

Funny that i didnt hear/see the rumor, if i did i would have come to the forums just to check.
I would have gone Balistic!! (in a good way) then i would have been let down. fortunately now people know there is definately no WQ 3 and it is definately NOT called midnights pass (even if there was a WQ 3)
Alpha wolf for life
Let the wolf spirit flow around us
Bow before me for I shall dominate you all!

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:25 am

I think this topic has run its course, but I'm still receiving e-mails asking about when Midnight Pass will be released. So I'm going to lock this topic and move it to the WQ News and Announcements forum, in hopes that those people will see and read the post there.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”