Your ideas for 'resting' in the game

Archived news, updates and announcements.

Which option do you like best?

Option 1
10%
Option 2
12%
Option 3
52%
Option 4
5%
Option 5
9%
Option 6
7%
Option 7
5%
Option 8 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
0%
Option 9 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
No votes
Option 10 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
0%

Total votes: 430

midnight moon12
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Your ideas for 'resting' in the game

Post by midnight moon12 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Okay, I have a question, will there a preview video like the other ones?

darkdragon455
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by darkdragon455 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:04 pm

honestly i like the fourth option but it may be harder to make :3 :shock: <- reminds me of when i drink hot cocoa

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:10 pm

midnight moon12 wrote:Okay, I have a question, will there a preview video like the other ones?
Probably.

And please, everybody, DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NEW EPISODE IN THIS THREAD.

Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Name: Arcturus

Post by Arcturus221B » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:59 am

maybe if you push on the butto ''z'' you sit down and if you push on button "r" you lay down and when you do it again you go sleep and when you push on "e" you wake up or stand up. (its just an idea.)

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:28 am

Oh, didn't see this before now, ignorant me.

At this moment Option 3 seems most attractive for me, so my vote goes to that.

Wolves159
Pup
Pup
Location: Protecting everyone i know, from any danger there is in our world

Post by Wolves159 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:21 am

I just had a couple questions, sorry if these were already asked. Is Wolfquest 2.5 planned to be released in 2011, or after that? Besides the time and weather, are there going to be new missions in the game? Those were just the two questions I was wondering about. If you can please respond, I would like that. Thanks WQ Team.

Edit: I have one more question, what about the pups? Are they older, and can help, or are they the same as Wolfquest 2?

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:57 am

Wolves159 wrote:I just had a couple questions, sorry if these were already asked. Is Wolfquest 2.5 planned to be released in 2011, or after that? Besides the time and weather, are there going to be new missions in the game? Those were just the two questions I was wondering about. If you can please respond, I would like that. Thanks WQ Team.

Edit: I have one more question, what about the pups? Are they older, and can help, or are they the same as Wolfquest 2?
Well for the first question, there is currently no estimated release date for the game:
WQ Coordinator wrote:(Though I can tell you we still have a loooooong way to go, and I can guarantee that we will not release the game in 2010, though I think that would be obvious to those of you who have followed along with the process of making previous versions of the game. It always takes a long time, and always longer than we expect!)
Source: WolfQuest Newsletter- October, 2010 - http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 5#p1553926

Plus, for the questions about missions and pups, no. There won't be new missions and the puppies will stay at the same age, as the 2.5 version of the game is basically just an updated version of Slough Creek. The gameplay shall stay the same (such as the missions), but it'll just have more additional things to it (e.g. weather) :3

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Just a reminder:
WQ Coordinator wrote:I know I'm sneaking in a couple game updates for you folks with this announcement- please be considerate and keep your questions about episode 2.5 in a future topic. (I'm hoping to eventually hold another live Q&A about 2.5, like we did with Episode 2.) This topic is intended for suggesting ways to rest in the game, not for finding out more about what we have planned for 2.5. Thank you!
Please avoid asking any questions about 2.5 in this topic. Thanks.

shadowwolf966
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shadowwolf966 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:18 am

I voted for option 5, because it incorperates most of the other options into one. I think it makes a nice compromise. But right now it seems like option 3 is winning, and I think that would be a good addition to the game to.

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:32 pm

Well, definitely vote for what you want to win, rather than what you think will win. Remember, just because an option has the most votes doesn't mean it's definitely going to be the option we incorporate into the game.

Thanks for helping with this, everyone!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Adalae
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Adalae » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks for making this topic and poll Cana ^^ It really helps to know what's coming in the game too and leave a slight update =P I've voted already, but i can't wait to see what will be incorporated into the game!

AlbinoWolf6
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by AlbinoWolf6 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:37 pm

As others have posted, Thanks for the update and posting this Cana! It is nice to choose and have these options like this 8D

Lilly121
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Lilly121 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Thanks for the options, it'll be so cool to rest, lie down, or sit, whatever key you gotta push! But I think seperate keys for each one will be the easiest to understand. For example: You press 'z' to sleep, (And choose when you wanna wake up) You press 'i' to sit, (Since 's' is already taken as a key.) and then you press 'L' to lie down. And then press them again to stand up. This is just a suggestion since I think the rest will confuse younger players. And since it'll be more convienient for ppl like me, who get all mixed up in the controls!

~Peace!
Lily 8)

Stone-Dust2
Pup
Pup

Post by Stone-Dust2 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:32 pm

I think this will be very cool when it comes out! :D It will be so cool to be able to sit or sleep in thew game, especaily multiplayer. It would be a little bit harder in single player unless it also applies to Amethest Mountain, since in Slough Creek you have pups to watch and feed. Still, can't wait!

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Stone-Dust2 wrote:I think this will be very cool when it comes out! :D It will be so cool to be able to sit or sleep in thew game, especaily multiplayer. It would be a little bit harder in single player unless it also applies to Amethest Mountain, since in Slough Creek you have pups to watch and feed. Still, can't wait!
I don't believe the sleeping option will be available in Multiplayer?

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”