Your ideas for 'resting' in the game

Archived news, updates and announcements.

Which option do you like best?

Option 1
10%
Option 2
12%
Option 3
52%
Option 4
5%
Option 5
9%
Option 6
7%
Option 7
5%
Option 8 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
0%
Option 9 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
No votes
Option 10 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
0%

Total votes: 430

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

An idea for option 6

Post by Frodo1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Hello,
I had a thought on a new option.
Though this would take more programming (And I am getting familiar with how frustrating programming can be! My dad's teaching me comp. programming), I had an Idea. It would be a lot nicer if you could have seperate keys for lying down, sitting, and sleeping. Because I would like to be able to go straight from sitting to standing. I actually have two ideas that center on this subject:
S (or U [For up]) could be for standing, regardless of what position you were in. It would make you stand from sleeping, sitting, or lying down.
D (or L [For lay]) would make you lay down, regardless of what position you were in. You could lay down from sitting, standing, or sleeping.
I/R (I for sIt, or R for rest) would make you sit, regardless of what position you were in.
Z would make you sleep from whatever position you were in.
2#
R would make you sit or lay down from any position.
Z would make you sleep.
S would make you stand.

Those are my ideas. Also (though this is just a random thought of mine), maybe if you make your wolf stand from sleep, he/she could stand, stretch, yawn, and stand again, as a cute something.
Hope you like my ideas!
~Frodo

Magnificence

Re: Your ideas for 'resting' in the game

Post by Magnificence » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Well I think there should be a meter that says how sleepy you are and if the meter is all gone you fall asleep or something.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Frodo1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Diagonal wrote:Well I think there should be a meter that says how sleepy you are and if the meter is all gone you fall asleep or something.
Good idea, Diagonal!
~Frodo

animalname
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by animalname » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:14 pm

I had trouble deciding to chose 5 or 3 so i couldn't help but do 3, so now I have a question. When is the result going to come out? :D

Jacob-Black-Wolf

Post by Jacob-Black-Wolf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:46 pm

I think some players will be a bit confused in the game for resting if there's two different buttons for the rest. I think when we press r the first time, we sit. When we press r the second time, we lie down. And the third time, we lie down differently. Like, leaning on our side as if we were feeding pups, but looking forward. Not that we were feeding pups, but just the position.

Cenetri
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Cenetri » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:47 pm

Thanks for the post Cana! I'm interested in voting, but I'll wait a while and see if anything else comes up. c;

smitty

Post by smitty » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:46 pm

:) this sounds great!! :mrgreen: : lol

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:57 pm

Frodo- interesting idea, but the s key is already used in the game! If you want to suggest a third key, please take a look at the game manual for the keyboard graphic and try to find a key that makes sense, isn't used by anything else, and can also easily be explained in that keyboard graphic. If you can do that, I'll add your idea as option 6. (And hey, look, it already has one vote!) ;)

And I do like the idea of different animations for laying down, but we already know we can only afford one. I believe the animation we currently have (from a volunteer animator!) includes sitting down before lying down, which could be a more continuous motion if sitting is a separate key from lying down, or a less fluid motion that stops at sitting until the key is pressed again.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:06 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:
And I do like the idea of different animations for laying down, but we already know we can only afford one. I believe the animation we currently have (from a volunteer animator!) includes sitting down before lying down, which could be a more continuous motion if sitting is a separate key from lying down, or a less fluid motion that stops at sitting until the key is pressed again.
Yesss - I love volunteer animators! I think WQ needs more of those.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Frodo1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:09 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:Frodo- interesting idea, but the s key is already used in the game! If you want to suggest a third key, please take a look at the game manual for the keyboard graphic and try to find a key that makes sense, isn't used by anything else, and can also easily be explained in that keyboard graphic. If you can do that, I'll add your idea as option 6. (And hey, look, it already has one vote!) ;)

Well, I could change it to the T key (sTand).
Thanks for considering my idea, Cana!
~Frodo

NightCreed
Pup
Pup

Post by NightCreed » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Diagonal wrote:Well I think there should be a meter that says how sleepy you are and if the meter is all gone you fall asleep or something.
I like the idea of that.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:12 am

Oh, and hey,
If your going to add my idea as option six, then I'll re-write it so that it's very clear.
I won't say certain keys in this one, the keys were just for example.
Here are my 2 ideas, re-written so that they are clearer than before (The first ones were just intended as a sketch):
My idea features different keys for each animation. I think it would make the game run smoother that way because my idea would add to the ease of controlling what your wolf does. There would be a key, seperate from all the others that would make your wolf sit. There would also be different keys for lying down, sleeping, and standing from any of these positions. Your wolf would be able to enter any other position from their current one. Moving the mouse would not cause your wolf to react in the sitting, sleeping and lying down positions and/or only when the wolf is sitting or lying down. In this case the wolf would turn his/her head in the direction the mouse is pointing.
My idea features different keys for both animations. This option would be somewhat smoother than many of the other options, and you could still stand up from sitting, sleeping, or lying down. However, to lie down you would first have to make your wolf sit, and then press the corrisponding key a second time. Again, in these positions, the mouse would affect the wolf as I mentioned in #1. Sleeping would be a seperate key, as would standing.
Thanks again for considering my ideas!
~Frodo

MoonPaww
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by MoonPaww » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:08 am

WOW! Option 3 is popular! 98% :shock: No wonder coz you can press 'z' then sit, lay down and sleep in single but you can still sit and lay down in multiplayer lol! And for as long as you want! It's the best option! Thats why I voted for option 3 too! Looks like its gonna be used...hopefully! WOOT! Good luck! CAN'T WAIT! :D :D

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:25 am

I voted option 3; I think it's fairly simple and allows us to sleep, lie down etc. at our own will.

Jacob-Black-Wolf

Post by Jacob-Black-Wolf » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:14 pm

I have an idea. When you sit or lie down, you can howl. Like, if your sitting, you can howl as your sitting. Meaning, you dont stand up from your position.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”