Your ideas for 'resting' in the game

Archived news, updates and announcements.

Which option do you like best?

Option 1
10%
Option 2
12%
Option 3
52%
Option 4
5%
Option 5
9%
Option 6
7%
Option 7
5%
Option 8 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
0%
Option 9 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
No votes
Option 10 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
0%

Total votes: 430

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Re: Your ideas for 'resting' in the game

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:17 pm

Jacob-Black-Wolf wrote:I have an idea. When you sit or lie down, you can howl. Like, if your sitting, you can howl as your sitting. Meaning, you dont stand up from your position.
Good idea! But I'm not quite sure if they can add that right now. I hope they can, though!
By the way, did you know you can howl and run at the same time? Well, kind of.
~Frodo

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Two people voted on the ones that it says not to vote on. :roll:

This is my full idea:

Press the 'z' button once to sit. Press it twice to lay down. Press it 3 times to fall asleep, and a box will also pop up at this point asking wether you'd like to wake up immediately, the next morning, or the next evening. You'd have to select one of the three. Upon waking up, your wolf will return to standing position. To stand up when you are sitting or lying down but not yet asleep, press the 'r' key.

Whitesea
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Whitesea » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:18 am

I'm not English, so I could not understand fully...
Do you mean, Cana, that sit animation will be the same as it was in 2.5? The only thing that will change is to click button to animation to start?
I would like to know because I really don't like when sitting wolf animation starts, and then wolf starts to lick... you know. It makes a bath. And I really don't like it. Not because it is like it is. But I would only like to sit. Nothing more.
I have hope you understand :)

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:54 am

Jaguartail- so if I understand correctly, your suggestion is just like Option 1 except 'r' will make your wolf stand up, regardless if it was sitting or lying down?

Whitesea- good question. The sitting animation would not include licking if you press a button to make your wolf sit. Or at least that makes the most sense to me... I'll confirm with the Team and post here if I was wrong in that assumption.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Alcuzey
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Now again, I found myself so far down, away from the sun that shines into the darkest place.

Post by Alcuzey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:47 am

Perhaps the idle animation should not include sitting at all? Maybe the idle animation should be the wolf stretching like a domestic dog or cat does. You know the whole, sticking the rear end in the air and lowering the front end and yawning. I think it would be pretty cute, and that way, animations wouldn't be used doubly?

MaxRide
Pup
Pup

Post by MaxRide » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:51 am

I got some ideas:
How about if pressing z once for sitting, twice means lay down (with your head upright), three-in-a-row for sleeping, and then being able to say how long you want to sleep? When you wake up, your head will could come up then you would stand up slowly as if you were, well, sleepy. Does that make any sense?

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:53 pm

MaxRide wrote:I got some ideas:
How about if pressing z once for sitting, twice means lay down (with your head upright), three-in-a-row for sleeping, and then being able to say how long you want to sleep? When you wake up, your head will could come up then you would stand up slowly as if you were, well, sleepy. Does that make any sense?
That actually sounds like a lot like #3 XD but that's just me.

In honesty, whether votes count or not, I'm hoping it won't be like number three. I can already visualize people hyped up with excitement, and then as time passes and new people come in, become annoyed that they have to go through all three options just to be able to walk again.

I can just imagine a topic coming up about it, or someone mentioning it in a "What annoys you?" topic. XD

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:18 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:Jaguartail- so if I understand correctly, your suggestion is just like Option 1 except 'r' will make your wolf stand up, regardless if it was sitting or lying down?

Whitesea- good question. The sitting animation would not include licking if you press a button to make your wolf sit. Or at least that makes the most sense to me... I'll confirm with the Team and post here if I was wrong in that assumption.
My idea has things from options one and three. You'd have to press z once to sit, twice to lay down, and three times to "sleep". r to stand when sitting or lying down but not yet asleep. In multiplayer, it would be slightly modified. z once to sit, twice to lay down, three times to stand up. r would be used to stand up from a sitting position.

You could add mine as option 6 or something.

Wolff Jaw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wolff Jaw » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:33 pm

I so can't wait! This is going to be an awsome add to the game :D

sparky_wolf

Post by sparky_wolf » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:43 pm

Gosh, this gets harder as more ideas come up. I personally favour a few but I won't say yet. I plan to vote straight after I post this.
I'm so excited to be a part of the shaping of WolfQuest 2.5! :mrgreen:

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:32 am

I like op 1.But we're getting new scenery?!Oh my gosh, that's awesome!Tell us more :shock:

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:27 am

Alcuzey wrote:Perhaps the idle animation should not include sitting at all?
Good point and I like your idea, but remember, we don't really have the funding to change anything but the new animations... so the idle animation will have to remain as-is.

jaguartail- alright, thanks for clarifying. Option 6 it is.

And folks, feel free to voice your critical opinions as well, like Shusuke did. In other words, feel free to point out why an option wouldn't work very well. Just make sure you direct your comments toward the options, not the people who suggested or voted for them.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Arikae
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Moose

Post by Arikae » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:46 pm

I sent in my vote =D

All these ideas........ We have a creative community, eh?
Good luck to the team!

Cama
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Cama » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:01 pm

lol! WHo would have knew we would need a 3rd poll for my idea? lol! The third one sounds like the one i invisioned, but still, vote for which ever idea you like best. You don't need to vote an idea you don't want to vote for just because the inventor of the idea voted for the option. Hey, I already have tjough up my wolf's sleeping patterns! Awake at night, usualy asleep at day. Much of his awake-time is hunt-time. XD But anyways, that's slightly off-topic, so back to the topic... Hey, Can', which position will our wolves be in when resting? Will it be front torso left, hind torso forward, visa versa, or will it be just all straight forward?

Glorya
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Glorya » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:10 am

I like option 4 the best. I like being able to have my wolf lie down with one button and have another one for sleeping. I also like being able to choose how long to sleep.

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”