Squash the Bugs! Contest- Updated!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by Koa » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:01 am

cad6000 wrote:Hmm, I have one question. I know the winner will win a T-shirt and a patch. Also beta testing, but is there going to be a second and third place as well? Just asking :wink:
We are hoping to have at least one winner.
I'm assuming it depends on what entries they get. For now, I believe it's one winner.

SecretStich
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SecretStich » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:47 pm

Well i can think of quite a few....
You'll hear from me!
8)

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:33 pm

WOW, after today, the contest will be over, just feels like yesterday when I posted my first bug report! So, when will we know who won, tomorrow or like in a week? Sorry for asking a stupid question, I just want to know when the update will be. (Since Cana is doing lots of updating in the next 3 days, I can wait for this update :wink: )

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:38 pm

This update will probably be next week at the earliest, because we need to determine how helpful the bug report actually was before determining who a winner is. And to confirm a previous quote, yes, we may have one winner, but we'll probably only send a t-shirt to the main winner. We may add more than one beta tester.

And yeah, there are a lot of things ending tomorrow!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:48 pm

sent my entry in a few hours ago, hopefully I'll win something.

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:43 am

Yea, it is time. Now we wait and see. But I would not bug Cana because she is doing LOTS of work this week. Anyway, I am glad to see all of those posts and at least have some competition :wink: And I wish the best of luck to all of you!

Tolika
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Why, even I dont know...Or..DO I?! -Dramatic music- NU NUNUN

Post by Tolika » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:31 pm

worahora wrote:sorry, but i have a really weird glitch that i would want to fix...i was playing slough creek and my pup ended up weird. it turned into a different color (it was black) and now its white i think. it looked like there were spots on its neck and it had a stripe on its back and it had no eyes on his face
WOW that must have been FREAKY DEAKY!

goldenwolf1
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by goldenwolf1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:44 pm

wait so have you already got the beta or are you picking someone and when you finish the beta they then get it?

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:52 pm

goldenwolf1 wrote:wait so have you already got the beta or are you picking someone and when you finish the beta they then get it?
When Cana updates, only then will she choose the beta.
WQ Coordinator wrote:This update will probably be next week at the earliest, because we need to determine how helpful the bug report actually was before determining who a winner is. And to confirm a previous quote, yes, we may have one winner, but we'll probably only send a t-shirt to the main winner. We may add more than one beta tester.

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Cana, even if you get 2 or 3 testers, you'll need like 10, right?Maybe we could have a screenies contest or something fun, and the winner gets to be a tester.Or we could just have a contest for the heck of it because I know and you know that we all have had stressing weeks, and we need something fun to bond as a community.A screenies contest could be super fun and release tension, plus, I know we have some AMAZING photographers here.It never hurts to have fun, and it wouldn't be a tense, omg-we-have-to-reach-this-goal contest.It could be like a friendly duel between members.It'd be fun.Please, Cana?Pretty Please?*Waves $1000 in the air* we have this....And we need a break..

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:28 am

ZippyWizard wrote:Cana, even if you get 2 or 3 testers, you'll need like 10, right?Maybe we could have a screenies contest or something fun, and the winner gets to be a tester.Or we could just have a contest for the heck of it because I know and you know that we all have had stressing weeks, and we need something fun to bond as a community.A screenies contest could be super fun and release tension, plus, I know we have some AMAZING photographers here.It never hurts to have fun, and it wouldn't be a tense, wowsers-we-have-to-reach-this-goal contest.It could be like a friendly duel between members.It'd be fun.Please, Cana?Pretty Please?*Waves $1000 in the air* we have this....And we need a break..
That sounds like fun :mrgreen: I would not mind doing other contests because I really want to be a beta tester and this would be a good opportunity to do something else other than play wolfquest. I am willing to help in any way I can :wink: But I dont think we will get more than 3 beta testers because it has been said before that they dont need them :(

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:36 am

We would only use people who can properly report bugs as beta testers, so a screenshot contest wouldn't help us determine how well someone can catch and report bugs. But perhaps we can have another contest at some point soon.

Will post an update to this contest later today or tomorrow... there are a couple bugs we are aware of, but didn't get enough bug reports on to help us actually fix them. So if you're still interested in becoming a beta tester, start looking into:
1) issues connecting to/staying in/starting games, and
2) issues with mate & pup AI (interactions with you & how they're programmed).

I'll post a more detailed update later, to let you know exactly what we're looking for. But at least you can start thinking about it now.

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks for the update Cana :) Now that I know what to look for, I will be sure to check every little crack for bugs! I hope to see you soon with the contest update...
Cheers :wink:

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:54 am

WQ Coordinator wrote:We would only use people who can properly report bugs as beta testers, so a screenshot contest wouldn't help us determine how well someone can catch and report bugs. But perhaps we can have another contest at some point soon.

Will post an update to this contest later today or tomorrow... there are a couple bugs we are aware of, but didn't get enough bug reports on to help us actually fix them. So if you're still interested in becoming a beta tester, start looking into:
1) issues connecting to/staying in/starting games, and
2) issues with mate & pup AI (interactions with you & how they're programmed).

I'll post a more detailed update later, to let you know exactly what we're looking for. But at least you can start thinking about it now.
OK, sounds good Cana.I'll DEFINITELY be helping with Mate & Pup AI-talk about annoying.Just give us something to help with and we'll do it.Anything to have 2.5 moving along smoothly!

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest- Updated!

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:47 am

The contest has been updated on the first post- even if you don't want to be a beta tester or win a shirt/patch, we could really use as much help as we can get on solving these issues, so please consider entering regardless of the prize. Thank you!

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”