Squash the Bugs! Contest- Updated!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Locked
User avatar
jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:45 am
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by jaguartail » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm going to report one of the bugs at the slough creek den.

User avatar
kmdogs97
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Secretly stalking my favorite youtubers with my handy-dandy binoculars. O.O

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by kmdogs97 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:06 pm

jaguartail wrote:I'm going to report one of the bugs at the slough creek den.
I totally forgot about that one! I might report it too if you don't mind.

User avatar
White_Wolf_199
Pup
Pup
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:02 pm
Gender: Female
Location: behind you ready to pounce

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by White_Wolf_199 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:20 am

how do you report bugs i found won on slough creek and i dont know how to report it :?: :?:

User avatar
Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 7589
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:47 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by Masika » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:00 am

White_Wolf_199 wrote:how do you report bugs i found won on slough creek and i dont know how to report it :?: :?:
Well, considering your wanting to enter the contest, I believe this information located on the first post should be able to assist you ;)
4) All bug reports submitted for this contest should be e-mailed to coordinator@wolfquest.org (not bugs@wolfquest.org) with the following information:
  • your username and e-mail address
  • everything you were doing before the crash/bug/glitch
  • the steps we can follow to reproduce the problem
  • crash files and output logs (output_log.txt), whenever possible (you may have to run the game as an administrator on your computer on vista and Windows7 to see the output log)
  • saved game file(s) (if related to your bug)
  • screenshots to show the problem (this is least important- the crash files and saved games are more important)
Further help and additional details you'll also find on the first post.

User avatar
White_Wolf_199
Pup
Pup
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:02 pm
Gender: Female
Location: behind you ready to pounce

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by White_Wolf_199 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:20 am

ok this is the first time my WQ crashed and im really ma because i nearly finished my other WQ game and it just crashed and i forgot to save it before urrrr :oops: :oops: :oops:

User avatar
worahora
Pup
Pup
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:08 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by worahora » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:45 am

WQ Coordinator wrote:Though I am a fan of insects and their relatives and would never propose violence against them, I fully support fixing as many bugs as we can find in the WolfQuest games, and we need your help! We currently have enough funding to work on squashing some of those annoying bugs you all have experienced while playing WolfQuest; we'd like your help in determining which of these bugs are the most important to fix and why these bugs happen in the first place. We will accept special bug reports (see the rules below) until the end of March 1, 2011. If you can successfully help us figure out how to reproduce the problem,not only could the bug be fixed in Episode 2.5 because of your help, but also, the person who submits the most helpful bug report and follows the rules of this contest will not only win a WolfQuest t-shirt and embroidered patch, but will also become a beta tester for Episode 2.5. We are hoping to have at least one winner. If you're interested, please follow these rules:

1) If we can't reproduce it, we can't fix it. In other words, the bug needs to be something that happens to you consistently; every time you do something specific. If it's a bug that only shows up sometimes, and you can't make a connection to what you do that causes it to happen, it's not something we can fix so please don't bother reporting it.
2) Each person is allowed to submit up to five bug reports for this contest. If you have more than five bugs to report, or notice a bug/glitch after March 1, you can feel free to submit them by following the instructions on how to submit bug reports (found in the WolfQuest FAQ), but these will not be considered for the contest and will not be eligible for the prizes.
3) If you submit an entry for this contest, you need to be able to attach files onto your e-mails. Even if the bug you're reporting doesn't seem like it needs anything else to describe it, we may have further questions about it and require one of the files listed in the next rule.
4) All bug reports submitted for this contest should be e-mailed to coordinator@wolfquest.org (not bugs@wolfquest.org) with the following information:
  • your username and e-mail address
  • everything you were doing before the crash/bug/glitch
  • the steps we can follow to reproduce the problem
  • crash files and output logs (output_log.txt), whenever possible (you may have to run the game as an administrator on your computer on vista and Windows7 to see the output log)
  • saved game file(s) (if related to your bug)
  • screenshots to show the problem (this is least important- the crash files and saved games are more important)
Once the winner has been determined, we will post the username and bug reported on this topic. (We will also contact the winner for his/her shipping address so we can mail the shirt and patch.) If you would like to help us fix bugs but do not want to be a beta tester and/or win a shirt/patch, please let me know in your entry.

Good luck! Feel free to post questions below, but any bug reports submitted as a message will not be entered into the contest (and may actually allow someone else to use your bug as a contest submission).

Edit: I'll eventually also add links to relevant help topics for finding output logs etc.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29539
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21329
sorry, but i have a really weird glitch that i would want to fix...i was playing slough creek and my pup ended up weird. it turned into a different color (it was black) and now its white i think. it looked like there were spots on its neck and it had a stripe on its back and it had no eyes on his face

User avatar
Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 7589
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:47 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by Masika » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:56 am

worahora wrote:sorry, but i have a really weird glitch that i would want to fix...i was playing slough creek and my pup ended up weird. it turned into a different color (it was black) and now its white i think. it looked like there were spots on its neck and it had a stripe on its back and it had no eyes on his face
worahora, please remember that this thread isn't for posting your bugs/glitches on ^^" If you want a chance for your bugs/glitches to be fixed once and for all, since this may be the only shot for them to get fixed, submit them for the contest!

Although, if you want to discuss your issues, you could always do that here:

What bugs did you find?:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31150

Thanks, and good luck if you decide on entering!

User avatar
kmdogs97
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Secretly stalking my favorite youtubers with my handy-dandy binoculars. O.O

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by kmdogs97 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:41 am

SilverHybrid wrote:
worahora wrote:sorry, but i have a really weird glitch that i would want to fix...i was playing slough creek and my pup ended up weird. it turned into a different color (it was black) and now its white i think. it looked like there were spots on its neck and it had a stripe on its back and it had no eyes on his face
worahora, please remember that this thread isn't for posting your bugs/glitches on ^^" If you want a chance for your bugs/glitches to be fixed once and for all, since this may be the only shot for them to get fixed, submit them for the contest!

Although, if you want to discuss your issues, you could always do that here:

What bugs did you find?:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31150

Thanks, and good luck if you decide on entering!
So far I've only sent in 1 bug, and I've sent it in now, so I hope others send bugs in!

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 12931
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by Koa » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:08 am

Good luck to all who entered. I think I hit my maximum of five bugs.

User avatar
kmdogs97
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Secretly stalking my favorite youtubers with my handy-dandy binoculars. O.O

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by kmdogs97 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:17 am

I hope I do win, but wish luck to others also!

User avatar
SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:13 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:51 pm

I've only sent in one, but it was a huge bug report that took forever to do so...

User avatar
kmdogs97
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Secretly stalking my favorite youtubers with my handy-dandy binoculars. O.O

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by kmdogs97 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:31 pm

I hope it was worth it! ^^ Mine took a max of 5 minutes to put together and send in.

Overcast
Guest
Guest

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by Overcast » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:09 pm

I'll admit I had no idea what the topic title was referring to until I read on! Perhaps I will go insect hunting over the next week or two, spot a bug or five.

User avatar
worahora
Pup
Pup
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:08 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by worahora » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:19 am

worahora wrote:
WQ Coordinator wrote:Though I am a fan of insects and their relatives and would never propose violence against them, I fully support fixing as many bugs as we can find in the WolfQuest games, and we need your help! We currently have enough funding to work on squashing some of those annoying bugs you all have experienced while playing WolfQuest; we'd like your help in determining which of these bugs are the most important to fix and why these bugs happen in the first place. We will accept special bug reports (see the rules below) until the end of March 1, 2011. If you can successfully help us figure out how to reproduce the problem,not only could the bug be fixed in Episode 2.5 because of your help, but also, the person who submits the most helpful bug report and follows the rules of this contest will not only win a WolfQuest t-shirt and embroidered patch, but will also become a beta tester for Episode 2.5. We are hoping to have at least one winner. If you're interested, please follow these rules:

1) If we can't reproduce it, we can't fix it. In other words, the bug needs to be something that happens to you consistently; every time you do something specific. If it's a bug that only shows up sometimes, and you can't make a connection to what you do that causes it to happen, it's not something we can fix so please don't bother reporting it.
2) Each person is allowed to submit up to five bug reports for this contest. If you have more than five bugs to report, or notice a bug/glitch after March 1, you can feel free to submit them by following the instructions on how to submit bug reports (found in the WolfQuest FAQ), but these will not be considered for the contest and will not be eligible for the prizes.
3) If you submit an entry for this contest, you need to be able to attach files onto your e-mails. Even if the bug you're reporting doesn't seem like it needs anything else to describe it, we may have further questions about it and require one of the files listed in the next rule.
4) All bug reports submitted for this contest should be e-mailed to coordinator@wolfquest.org (not bugs@wolfquest.org) with the following information:
  • your username and e-mail address
  • everything you were doing before the crash/bug/glitch
  • the steps we can follow to reproduce the problem
  • crash files and output logs (output_log.txt), whenever possible (you may have to run the game as an administrator on your computer on vista and Windows7 to see the output log)
  • saved game file(s) (if related to your bug)
  • screenshots to show the problem (this is least important- the crash files and saved games are more important)
Once the winner has been determined, we will post the username and bug reported on this topic. (We will also contact the winner for his/her shipping address so we can mail the shirt and patch.) If you would like to help us fix bugs but do not want to be a beta tester and/or win a shirt/patch, please let me know in your entry.

Good luck! Feel free to post questions below, but any bug reports submitted as a message will not be entered into the contest (and may actually allow someone else to use your bug as a contest submission).

Edit: I'll eventually also add links to relevant help topics for finding output logs etc.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29539
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21329
sorry, but i have a really weird glitch that i would want to fix...i was playing slough creek and my pup ended up weird. it turned into a different color (it was black) and now its white i think. it looked like there were spots on its neck and it had a stripe on its back and it had no eyes on his face
ok,i quoted myself, but i would like some body to squash this bug\glitch?

User avatar
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member
Posts: 5586
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:11 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am

Koa, you can only do 5 for the contest, but if you're willing to report more just so we can fix as many bugs as possible, then you can still report them to bugs@wolfquest.org and they won't be counted toward the contest. ALL bug reporting with proper information is extremely appreciated.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Locked

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”