Username Changes

Archived news, updates and announcements.
DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Re: Username Changes

Post by DragonflySpirit » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:21 am

I would never want my username changed, I love my username (:

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:09 pm

FYI, username changes are pretty low on my priority list, so if you send a username change request and don't get a response from me right away, it doesn't mean I didn't get it. And yes, if I receive a request on or before March 1st, I will still change it for you, even if I don't get around to it until after March 1st. But all requests have to be received by then.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:34 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:FYI, username changes are pretty low on my priority list, so if you send a username change request and don't get a response from me right away, it doesn't mean I didn't get it. And yes, if I receive a request on or before March 1st, I will still change it for you, even if I don't get around to it until after March 1st. But all requests have to be received by then.
Oh cool, now I wont have to worry about it anymore... Take all the time you need lol :wink:

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:23 pm

This is completely understandable, I understand how time-consuming it can be to change/approve a user's new username, especially when you also have account activations/re-activations, moderating, your job at the zoo, 2.5 etc. Hopefully this elmination of one of your current responsibilties will allow you to enjoy your offline life more and put more time towards 2.5.

HoneyHusky
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by HoneyHusky » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:50 am

This is a very possitive topic Cana!Now you won't have any more stuff on your back! :D

smokey123

Post by smokey123 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:31 am

This is very useful Cana, thanks, i do not want to change my username though it might be nice. My friend on WQ got her account taped, it was so mean. she told everyone about what her password was so the real wolf had to change it. :cry:

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Thats sad to hear that Cana, thankfuly I got mine changed just in time. c:
I was wondering how long you might be able to keep this up, unfortunatly I understand why you need to stop.

Admiral Moonfire
Pup
Pup

Post by Admiral Moonfire » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:37 am

I decided to change my username while I had the oppurtunity. ^^

I had a question though; I sent my e-mail last Friday (The 18th.) and haven't heard anything yet. I understand it takes a while, I'm just worried it didn't go through, and since March 1st is the cutoff date... Well, should I try to re-send the e-mail, or leave it be?

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:34 am

-Moonfire- wrote:I decided to change my username while I had the oppurtunity. ^^

I had a question though; I sent my e-mail last Friday (The 18th.) and haven't heard anything yet. I understand it takes a while, I'm just worried it didn't go through, and since March 1st is the cutoff date... Well, should I try to re-send the e-mail, or leave it be?

I would leave it until you get a reply from Cana on this topic if she recieved it or not. :3 Thats the best way of doing it. Also, you might of sent it wrong, since when I used the WQ E-mail device, it didn't work, so just copy and paste her E-mail adress into a proper E-mailing account like, Yahoo or Google mail and send it that way. c:

Minn56oxox
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Minn56oxox » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:25 am

Yes I agree, If i donate money I don't want it to be spended on username changes I would prefer it to be used to fix glitches or add new items to the game.

WhisperToTheWind
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by WhisperToTheWind » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:32 am

I completely understand, but I love my username and will never change it. :D

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:02 pm

I have about 30 username change requests right now, so realistically, they will probably have to wait until after March 1st. Like I said earlier, as long as you properly send in your request before March 1st, I'll still change it for you, even if it's after March 1st when I finally have time to do so.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

-Ratchet
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by -Ratchet » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:04 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:I have about 30 username change requests right now, so realistically, they will probably have to wait until after March 1st. Like I said earlier, as long as you properly send in your request before March 1st, I'll still change it for you, even if it's after March 1st when I finally have time to do so.

Wow! I wish you luck Cana! And I am sure all of us can wait after March 1st, what you have to do is much more important than changing usernames!

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Yea, I dont care when you change my username, for all I care do mine last, I can wait a year lol :mrgreen: . Please take your time and take care.

Dostluk
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Dostluk » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:11 am

Thanks for this, Cana! ^^ Good remind for all the to-join-members of WQ that they shall choose well their usernames! :mrgreen:

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”