The moderator application and expectations are both listed below and are also attached (as a Word document) to this post; please copy/attach the application and your responses in an e-mail to me (address listed below). If you do not follow all of the instructions listed in the application, you will not be considered for a moderator position, so please read carefully before submitting your application. Please only submit your application if your answers are exactly the way you'd like them; I'm hoping not to have to accept any application edits. It's helpful if you put your username and 'moderator application' in the e-mail subject line. So I would put:
and you would putWQ Coordinator's Moderator Application
Thank you, and good luck![Your username here]'s Moderator Application
WolfQuest Forum Moderator Application
1)What do you like about the WolfQuest forums?
2)How often do you currently visit the WolfQuest forums?
3)Which forums on wolfquest.org you would like to help moderate and why?
4)As a moderator, what things would you do to help out and improve the forums?
5)Are you willing and able to help patrol WolfQuest multiplayer games?
6)Do you have any customer service experience (a job or volunteer position in which you work directly with and for other people)? If so, where?
Please respond with what you would do in these hypothetical situations:
1) You lock two topics. One user complains to you via PM or e-mail, the other user asks to make a new, similar topic.
2) Another moderator unlocks a topic you believe should stay locked.
3) You see a questionable topic and are unsure whether to lock it or leave it open.
4) You see a post or signature that insults another member.
5) You log in to the forums feeling annoyed/angry at something that recently happened to you, only to find a rude PM sent to you from a forum member.
6) You PM a member in regards to their behavior- their reply is angry and borderline abusive.
7) Two members are arguing in the Off-Topic Topic.
8) You notice a multiplayer game with inappropriate behavior.
9) Someone asks a question you don’t know the answer to.
10) Someone is giving false information on the forums about wolves or WolfQuest.
•Act as a role model and make positive contributions to the WolfQuest Community.
•Positively and accurately represent the WolfQuest Team.
•Communicate with administrators, moderators, and other forum members in a professional and helpful manner. Avoid posting anything that may seem negative, demeaning, excluding, or condescending.
•Check the moderated forum(s) once per day to remove inappropriate topics and posts, answer questions, participate in discussions, and add new topics.
•Check other forums at least once per week.
•Check for and report inappropriate behavior in the WolfQuest multiplayer games at least once per week.
•Respond to those who go against the Community Guidelines in a positive, constructive, and informative manner.
•Correspond with the administrator about concerns and planned absences.
•Check your e-mail and PM inbox regularly. (The e-mail address you list on this application should be the one you check most regularly and does not have to be the same as the one associated with your WolfQuest account.) Update the administrator on any e-mail address changes.
•Access to the Moderators-only Forum.
•Ability to move and/or lock topics and posts.
•Optional moderator title in profile (rank and signature).
•May be given early information about the game and/or its development.
Once you have filled out this application, please e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 2, 2011. No applications will be accepted after May 2 or via Private Message; no exceptions.