Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Archived news, updates and announcements.
wolfluver86
Guest
Guest

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by wolfluver86 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:27 pm

SilverHybrid wrote:
wolfluver86 wrote:Okay, now I'm confused. It says, "First name here" after I downloaded the application thing. Does it mean in real life or anything?
(Sorry about all of the questions! Just a little curious)
(Don't worry about it, curiousity never hurt anybody ;))

Also, by 'First name here' is means you real name in real life, although you can put something like a nickname, just something you wish to be known by. Though, I'd overly reccommend using your real name.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up! :D

DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:13 pm
Gender: Other

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by DragonflySpirit » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:28 pm

I decided I will apply. Good luck everyone.

User avatar
Zethra
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 5558
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:07 pm
Gender: Male
Location: That's for me to know, and you to wonder about.

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by Zethra » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Hidden Phoenix wrote:I like how there isn't an age requirement anymore, there was a requirement of.. 15? I think last time, and 14 before that.
I agree, the fact that there isn't an age requirement is a good thing. And it will bring confidence of other users up very well. :3 Especially since, maturity doesn't necessarily rely on an age group of an individual.

User avatar
Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 10786
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:44 am
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by Riceboy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Well isn't this delicious? I wish you all luck as well as cross my own fingers.

Also, quick question, if you're not comfortable with putting your first name will your application be ignored? I know that most people, like myself aren't always fully up to that task.

User avatar
wolfyattitude
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:30 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by wolfyattitude » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Wahoo! I was the first the send in my application. Wish me luck!

User avatar
NightlyH
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 812
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm
Gender: Agender
Location: Inside a computer generated world
Contact:

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by NightlyH » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Ok, just sent mine! I wish all of you the best of luck as well! But I still hope that I get chosen too ^^!

User avatar
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member
Posts: 5586
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:11 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by WQ Coordinator » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:44 pm

I honestly just ask you your real name to have something real about you- usernames can (could) be changed, e-mail addresses are usually made-up nonsense... I'm the only person who ever sees your real name, though it's really not used for anything, I suppose. So if you really don't feel comfortable putting your real first name on the app, just say something like 'prefer to remain anonymous' or something... just don't leave it blank or it'll look like you just forgot to fill it in. I changed it to say 'real first name' this year because I have absolutely no need to know your real last name, so I wanted to make it clear you definitely don't need to include that.

In general, if there's anything you don't feel comfortable answering for whatever reason, just write that in the application. It'd look better to know you chose not to answer something rather than just didn't pay attention and missed a question or two.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

User avatar
dustydawn
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 9:54 am
Gender: Female
Location: fading away ♥

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by dustydawn » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:44 pm

This is exciting, Cana! ;)
I'm thinking about sending in an application.

I wish everyone good luck; I'm sure you'll all make great mods.

User avatar
sparky_wolf
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:46 am
Gender: Female
Location: straya

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by sparky_wolf » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Wow, this has come as a surprise to the community Cana! Well, thanks for clearing up the 'first name' part and good luck reading all those applications.

User avatar
NightlyH
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 812
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm
Gender: Agender
Location: Inside a computer generated world
Contact:

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by NightlyH » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Hm, I am just wondering if you need to have a set number of forum posts... Since I am only in the 400's does that make me have a less of a chance or something?

Just asking :mrgreen:

User avatar
Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 7589
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:47 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by Masika » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:49 pm

Ah, thanks for the clarification, Cana!
Nightly-Howler wrote:Hm, I am just wondering if you need to have a set number of forum posts... Since I am only in the 400's does that make me have a less of a chance or something?

Just asking :mrgreen:
No, you don't need a certain amount of posts to apply. Although, it does help if you have a solid posting history, since that will be looked at :3 And no, you have the same chance as anyone else applying!

User avatar
Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 10786
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:44 am
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by Riceboy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:50 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:I honestly just ask you your real name to have something real about you- usernames can (could) be changed, e-mail addresses are usually made-up nonsense... I'm the only person who ever sees your real name, though it's really not used for anything, I suppose. So if you really don't feel comfortable putting your real first name on the app, just say something like 'prefer to remain anonymous' or something... just don't leave it blank or it'll look like you just forgot to fill it in. I changed it to say 'real first name' this year because I have absolutely no need to know your real last name, so I wanted to make it clear you definitely don't need to include that.

In general, if there's anything you don't feel comfortable answering for whatever reason, just write that in the application. It'd look better to know you chose not to answer something rather than just didn't pay attention and missed a question or two.
Alright, thank you for clearing that up, Cana! :]

User avatar
ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:15 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Terabithia
Contact:

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by ZippyWizard » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:54 pm

I applied-doubt I'll get in, but good luck!

User avatar
NightlyH
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 812
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm
Gender: Agender
Location: Inside a computer generated world
Contact:

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by NightlyH » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:55 pm

SilverHybrid wrote:Ah, thanks for the clarification, Cana!
Nightly-Howler wrote:Hm, I am just wondering if you need to have a set number of forum posts... Since I am only in the 400's does that make me have a less of a chance or something?

Just asking :mrgreen:
No, you don't need a certain amount of posts to apply. Although, it does help if you have a solid posting history, since that will be looked at :3 And no, you have the same changes as anyone else applying!
Thanks for the clear up! It makes me feel better to know I have a chance xD! I said that because I can go up to Randoven's post count that is CRAZY!!!

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:23 pm
Gender: Female
Location: District 12
Contact:

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by Atropine » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Ooh, exciting! I'm working on my application now, and good luck to everyone else who is thinking of applying.

Locked

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”