Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Archived news, updates and announcements.
-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Tue May 03, 2011 2:20 pm

Klaabu789 wrote:hi have a some problem anybody can help me?

HI! i have a question. I want a make a new account how i do that and can you delete my old account : Klaabu789 <<:(this are old account) and how i can do a new account?? :shock:
:? :lol:
Hey there Klaabu789! :)

You can follow these steps to delete your account, and simply make a new account afterwards:

[color=#BF0000]WQ Coordinator[/color] wrote:If you would like your account to be deleted, send an e-mail to info@wolfquest.org with your username, the e-mail address associated with your account, and the statement “please delete my account.” Once deleted, your account/post count cannot be retrieved. You should receive an e-mail once your account has been deleted.

Make sure you're positive you want your account deleted before you send the e-mail- if you send another e-mail afterward, changing your mind, it may not be read before your original e-mail and may not be seen before the account is deleted. Once an account is deleted, all of the information associated with the account is permanently deleted and cannot be retrieved or recovered. So only send an e-mail if your absolute final decision is to have your account deleted.

Accounts are not deleted for anyone with one or more warnings (or a ban) associated with their account, or for users who do not follow the above instructions completely. They are also not deleted an unlimited amount of times- if you ask to have your account deleted more than once a month, it may result in a warning (which means it will not be deleted again), so please make your decision wisely.
Source -- WolfQuest FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=21630

But anyways, good luck to all applicants, and congratulations in advance~

portia
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by portia » Tue May 03, 2011 3:18 pm

I think everyone benefited from Cenetri's question and has appreciated the information learnt from the answer just as I have. It seems like a very well thought-out and effective way of sorting through the applications and I wish Cana and the moderators luck in this job.

Also, as always, best wishes to all who are applying!

shenzie
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shenzie » Tue May 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Hmm. So you(Cana) don't have magic power to help you choose? I thought you did. Well, that you for telling me/us. I actually like your system you have there.It is very organized, and not complicated at all. Usually I get lost in really big messages, but I must be improving. Anyhow, Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see the New Epic Mods!

Love,
Jade
P.S. I still think you have magic powers to choose such EPIC mods.

yuli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by yuli » Tue May 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Good luck to everyone again! =D

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Tue May 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Hm, the time has arrived to, sit, and watch as the clock ticks down for the mods to be chosen! As my final words, I say good hope and best of wishes to all of you. It was fun on this topic to see so many fans wanting to be mos, and we can all be inspired by this. Whoever is chosen, be great and have fun, you will be the best of the best, I know it!

See you soon WQ! (No, I am not leaving lol, just this topic XD)

shenzie
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shenzie » Tue May 03, 2011 5:32 pm

This may be my final post on this topic. Remember, if you don't get picked, don't fret about it. Just wait till next time. But during that time, think of ways to improve yourself on here. Go over the application. Read the questions over and over again, and look at your answers. Think of how to improve the answers. Is there anything you can add? Did you misspell something? Does the answer make sense? Did you skip a question? Did you fill it out properly? If you answered yes to any of these questions, fix it! Here is how to check them:
Is there anything you can add?
If the answer feel empty, chances are that there is something you could add.
Did you misspell something?
There are some great online spell checkers. Nothing is wrong with mistakes.
Does the answer make sense?
Read it out loud. If it doesn't, fix the parts that sound weird. Then read it again.
Did you skip a question?
This one is easy. Just look over the application again.
Did you fill it out properly?
Maybe you didn't understand the question. If you don't understand it properly, then you can't answer it properly.

There you have it! Oh, and if you do get chosen, good job! Good luck everyone. Hope this helped.

~Jade~

Cenetri
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Cenetri » Tue May 03, 2011 5:49 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote: Get ready for a ramble...

It starts with the applications. I read through every application and categorize them, either by number (as I've done in the past- giving the applicants a score between 1-10) or by consideration (ex- no longer considered, maybe worth considering, definitely worth considering). It's a bit surprising to read through the applications- it can be obvious how much effort people put into their applications, and that gives me an idea for how much effort they may also put into moderating. In general, most people do their best on the applications, but that isn't always the case. (In other words, if you post 5-word responses for every question or if you don't follow the instructions for submitting your application, you won't be considered for a moderator position.) The applications are a great way to avoid only choosing new moderators who are popular or friends with current moderators- everyone has a fair chance.

After the applications are considered, we look at post history, activity, etc. No real ranking system or score sheet is used... we just share opinions, and moderators post 'proof' to back up their opinions (links to posts that are helpful, positive, negative, backseat moddish, etc.). While the number of posts isn't important, the quality of posts is. So, for example, if you're a new member or are using a new username without referencing your old one and haven't made many posts, it's not likely you'll be chosen because other than the application, we have no way of knowing how active, helpful, and positive you'll be. Or if you only post in Forum Games (as an example) and nowhere else, that also doesn't help convince us you're a good moderator candidate, even if you sent in a decent application.

So it really is what jumpjump quoted... everything is put into consideration with no specific scoring system- just opinions and proof from posts, and how confident the moderators and myself feel you'll be all of those things: active, helpful, and positive. Being a moderator isn't (or at least shouldn't be) about just locking topics and preventing spam... it's about customer service; making sure the forums run smoothly and being a resource for questions and issues. That's why those three things are so important, and are really stressed within the moderator expectations.

That was probably more than you wanted, but there you go regardless. ;)

I think we'll definitely have our decision before the 27th, but please do be patient. It'll take everyone a little while to compose their final opinions. And I don't think we'll have a problem with this, but I do feel it's worth noting- if you are reported (by a moderator or other community member) for attempting to convince or sway the opinion of a moderator or myself, you will no longer be considered as a final candidate for being a moderator. So please just be patient, positive, and be yourself. Thank you.
This definitely isn't a ramble, Cana; this is just the information I was looking for. I'm glad to hear about this, so I have to give you a great big thank you for letting us all know. Now, I think that we can all understand what we're up against with the judging.

I'm also glad to hear that the judging will probably end before the 27th, as I think that we'd all blow up with anticipation before that time was up. Let's just hope that we can all compose ourselves, remain patient, and let the judges work! ^^

Again, I thank you very much for posting this - I appreciate that you went out of your way to type out everything so thoroughly. Good luck to everyone else - I wish you all the best!

April

Post by April » Tue May 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Sounds fair :) Especially with history and stuff. You can tell a lot about a person by searching through their posts

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue May 03, 2011 10:06 pm

Ah yes right, the magic powers. Well, the ban parrot does occasionally squawk a few opinions to me here or there, but I wouldn't necessarily call it magic powers. ;)

I think it may be time to lock this topic... it seems most people have posted what they wanted to, and I'm not planning on sharing any more news until the moderators are chosen, so let's just close this topic.

Before I do that, however, I want to thank all of you who have stayed so positive and have posted advice on how everyone else can stay positive and potentially even improve themselves/their chances next time around. I'll post the list of new moderators after the decision is made and the new moderators have been notified by e-mail. (And no, sorry, I don't send an e-mail to everyone who applied... so just be patient and positive.)
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Thu May 05, 2011 8:51 am

As of today, the decision for who will be added to the moderators group has NOT yet been made, and the e-mail has NOT been sent out. I will not respond to PMs or e-mails asking if the decision has been made yet. Please be patient, and don't worry, if I e-mail a new moderator and don't hear back from them, I'll find another way to contact that person.

Until the announcement has been made, I will no longer comment on questions related to new moderators. If you applied to be a moderator, please just wait patiently- any future e-mails and PMs asking if the decision has been made yet may affect your chance in becoming a moderator. Thank you.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”