WolfQuest 2.5.1 bug fix update is now available

Archived news, updates and announcements.
SilverB
Pup
Pup

Re: WolfQuest 2.5.1 bug fix update is now available

Post by SilverB » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:50 am

Great! now we can RP without having to say things like (just E.G) "SilverB: Sits down" (remember just an E.G!) so happy! but i have never noticed that the pupys have croocked paws, although i have noticed that females turn into males, (that was my little sister's wolf) Thanks WQ, for all your hard work (i wish i could but) i will howl for you guys!

Melpomene
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Melpomene » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:06 pm

In multiplayer games, players can now see each others' wolves sit and lay down (R key).
Well... It's not fixed. I can't see people sitting and laying down, so as they can't see me doing this stuff.

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Melpomene wrote:
In multiplayer games, players can now see each others' wolves sit and lay down (R key).
Well... It's not fixed. I can't see people sitting and laying down, so as they can't see me doing this stuff.
It's been working for me so I'm pretty sure it is fixed. c:
It's likely that most people on multiplayer haven't downloaded 2.5.1 (or even know about the bug update), so they wouldn't be able to see it.

Also, a screenshot to prove it has been fixed...
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/46/naptime.png

LunarWolf94
Pup
Pup

Post by LunarWolf94 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:30 pm

thanks a lot for the Male/Female bug fix! I'm used to playing as a female so I'm glad it's fixed. :D

But I'm afraid that even with the new Bug update the game is still hard to play. :(
The three MAJOR bugs are not fixed:
-Walking in thin air especially when trying to go down a hill (mostly in AM)
-Walking on water,getting stuck under the water and getting stuck in water motion on the ground (slough creek)
-Wolf head indicators (red,green and yellow) and health bars don't show every time when it's needed or they just disappear.This makes hunting,chasing off predators and caring for pups impossible to do.

The puppy paws didn't bother me that much but this bugs are killing my game.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by LunarWolf94 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lexgirl10
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by lexgirl10 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks for the bug fixes! We appreciate your hard work! I wondered why I couldn't see other people sit. Anyways, thank you so much!

Chloethegreat
Pup
Pup
Location: I am now training how to hunt with my pack, I am a Rare Red Wolf!

Post by Chloethegreat » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:57 pm

The female bug isnt fixed for me IM SOOO SAD, its my B-day today as well.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

LunarWolf94
Pup
Pup

Post by LunarWolf94 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:59 pm

Chloethegreat wrote:The female bug isnt fixed for me IM SOOO SAD, its my B-day today as well.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

have you downloaded the new version?You need to download new version and install it.Than the mentioned bugs will be fixed.

Chloethegreat
Pup
Pup
Location: I am now training how to hunt with my pack, I am a Rare Red Wolf!

Post by Chloethegreat » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:04 pm

LunarWolf94 wrote:
Chloethegreat wrote:The female bug isnt fixed for me IM SOOO SAD, its my B-day today as well.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

have you downloaded the new version?You need to download new version and install it.Than the mentioned bugs will be fixed.
yep, and It still doesnt work.

SpiritSilverWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SpiritSilverWolf » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:10 pm

Yaay! Thanks guys, Spirit can now run around without feeling like a man XD, much appreciated. :) thank you

Black Velvet
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Black Velvet » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:35 pm

:? I just recently downloaded the 2.5.1 bug fix version, but for some reason I still can't see other wolves in rest and lay down mode. Should I re-download the version to see if it fixes the bug?

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Black Velvet wrote::? I just recently downloaded the 2.5.1 bug fix version, but for some reason I still can't see other wolves in rest and lay down mode. Should I re-download the version to see if it fixes the bug?
It depends on if the other person has 2.5.1 or not.
I did notice that in some servers, you can't see people sit/lay down but in others you can.
It may be affected if everyone in the server has updated or not, but don't quote me on that.

Apple Blossom
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Apple Blossom » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Awesome! I have downloaded it and it is better now that I don't have to be a male wolf in the silngleplayer games!!! I can also see other players laying down and sitting sound while rping! Great work!

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by AveryCF » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Again, thanks for the fix. Once I howled did the pups show their crooked paws... But, to add on to these bugs:
LunarWolf94 wrote:thanks a lot for the Male/Female bug fix! I'm used to playing as a female so I'm glad it's fixed.

But I'm afraid that even with the new Bug update the game is still hard to play.
The three MAJOR bugs are not fixed:
-Walking in thin air especially when trying to go down a hill (mostly in AM)
-Walking on water,getting stuck under the water and getting stuck in water motion on the ground (slough creek)
-Wolf head indicators (red,green and yellow) and health bars don't show every time when it's needed or they just disappear.This makes hunting,chasing off predators and caring for pups impossible to do.

The puppy paws didn't bother me that much but this bugs are killing my game.
:cry:
Well, those still "Bug" me to plus the bug of:

1. When I howl the pups are still standing there in howl forum none moving for like 5 minets.

But think of it this way: At least SOME bugs got squished and not all still live. We will leaarn how to live and love these bugs over time IF the funding does not go up from people donating and/or buying things from the store...Once again every time I mention this I think about when I have enuff money to and when my parents will trust WQ/enternet with money...
P.S. Thanks for fixing the post mods. Next time if it happens i'll dealete the last post and repost it on the edit of the first. Sorry for that little mess up, but at least I try to advode it. Also, i'm showing my grandma WQ and she thinks it as "Cool!" and "Awsome" and "Grate!"... I'm hoping one of those will turn into a "Let's donate!".... But I think it's to early for that yet... :?
Last edited by AveryCF on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruweck
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ruweck » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:57 pm

I am not sure if I got the right one even though I downloaded the update. I can't seem to see other player's wolves lay down in multiplayer. Oh well, like 2.5 anyway.

blackwolf05
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by blackwolf05 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:18 pm

Glad the bugs are fixed, game runs much smoother for me so far. :mrgreen: Hopefully no more bugs will need to be squashed, lol.

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”