WolfQuest 2.5.1 bug fix update is now available

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: WolfQuest 2.5.1 bug fix update is now available

Post by Masika » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:31 pm

maliceme wrote:Another problem is that when i die, i apear in another place, but on the map, there is like two arrows that are me. And when I rest, i go back to my dead wolf body from befor, lieing on the ground, half-way across Yellowstone. It is wierd. Can u fix it? Is anyone else having this problem? :?
Firstly, please try not to double post. Instead, using the edit feature would be better ^_-

Also, maliceme, if you are having issues with the game and such, then please post all issues/questions within the Tips, Hints and Help section, rather than here, as you'll get more answers over there. Additionally, if you are experiencing glitches, then you may report them using the link I provided in my previous post ;)

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Avery

Post by AveryCF » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:18 pm

maliceme wrote:I'm having problems getting out of the water. Also on multiplayer I like, fall through the game, kinda. I am stuck under the ground, walking in nowhere. its really wierd. :?:
yes, I am kinda having the same problem to to ensure you. When I rest in multi player when I am playing with my friend Fell_Fang my camera goes to his wolf and not my resting one. But I did as the mod said and reported it. Only posting this so you know YOU ARE NOT ALONE ok? But the main thing is, have fun and get hit by lightning! :mrgreen: For it does not affect you in real life. :) (But i am sorry for the ingame wolves who cant get rid of their "Shocking" friend.)

XxWhiteFangxX
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by XxWhiteFangxX » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:08 pm

thanks so much! Now my pups won't have blocks for feet.

EDIT:
AveryCF wrote:
maliceme wrote:I'm having problems getting out of the water. Also on multiplayer I like, fall through the game, kinda. I am stuck under the ground, walking in nowhere. its really wierd. :?:
yes, I am kinda having the same problem to to ensure you. When I rest in multi player when I am playing with my friend Fell_Fang my camera goes to his wolf and not my resting one. But I did as the mod said and reported it. Only posting this so you know YOU ARE NOT ALONE ok? But the main thing is, have fun and get hit by lightning! :mrgreen: For it does not affect you in real life. :) (But i am sorry for the ingame wolves who cant get rid of their "Shocking" friend.)
I have had a bit of the same problems too, and it was my first time playing multiplayer. Me and my friend were messing around with the trees (as in jumping at them and other things) and I got stuck. In the tree. It's only happened once, but I fear it will happen again...
Last edited by Alpha Female on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding in info from double post

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:37 pm

XxWhiteFangxX wrote:I have had a bit of the same problems too, and it was my first time playing multiplayer. Me and my friend were messing around with the trees (as in jumping at them and other things) and I got stuck. In the tree. It's only happened once, but I fear it will happen again...
Please do not double post XxWhiteFangxX, as it can be classified as SPAM. Thanks! ^^

Kouga
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Kouga » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:22 am

If I could join MP without problems it'd be quite cool :) But the server still refuses to let me open my own mp game and rarely lets me enter any mp game... =_= And no, it's NOT my ports.. otherwise I couldn't join mp games, not even rarely..

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:41 am

As a general reminder-

Please discuss all bugs and glitches on this thread: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31150 or in the Tips, Hints and Help forum.

1mitsymoo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by 1mitsymoo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:10 pm

:evil: i'm kindof dissapointed with wolfquest 2.5. i mean. i wait ALLL this time and its the SAME THING just with some special effects!!!! i thought we were going to do more when we got to the summer den. instead it just comes up with a tutorial thats all like "your pups with hunt bugs and insects and soon will be able to hunt elk with you. then you will have a new litter of pups and they will help you with those pups. then they will move on and find their own mate just like you did. bla bla bla.... sorry i was just SOOO exited and its not even really......that amazing :oops:

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:27 pm

1mitsymoo wrote::evil: i'm kindof dissapointed with wolfquest 2.5. i mean. i wait ALLL this time and its the SAME THING just with some special effects!!!! i thought we were going to do more when we got to the summer den. instead it just comes up with a tutorial thats all like "your pups with hunt bugs and insects and soon will be able to hunt elk with you. then you will have a new litter of pups and they will help you with those pups. then they will move on and find their own mate just like you did. bla bla bla.... sorry i was just SOOO exited and its not even really......that amazing :oops:
2.5 was always going to be an update. It's been known for over a year that it wasn't going to be a third episode like you described. c;

mogain2000
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by mogain2000 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:54 pm

This is an awesome game I play it every night { well if i dont have homework! lol} I recomend this game for people who love wolves!

1mitsymoo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by 1mitsymoo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:35 pm

theres a glitch!!!!!!! in wolfquest.....my wolf is gay. :shock: i double checked to make sure but really YOU CAN MAKE YOUR WOLVES GAY!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH CREEPY WEIRD!!!!!

elk hunting grounds
Pup
Pup

Post by elk hunting grounds » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am

Ok, I am lame, and have not downloaded the update yet. I am going ahead to do it now that it's a month later.... :wink: EDIT: Um.. nevermind. My computer doesn't like that version for some reason.

Melpomene
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Melpomene » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:47 pm

For people who have problems with water, I recommend avoiding it and if you have to cross it - run to it and jump as for as you can. I don't know why it works, but it does.
Anyhow, female glitch still happens, but not always and well I can fix it in my game easily. Yay, thanks for that fix, I love the whole sitting and laying thing... Game gets better all the time. I'm really greatful to all WQ team who does their best to make us happy with the game.

...and I think I made some grammar mistakes in that post. Gotta practise my english, could someone correct me?

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:53 pm

1mitsymoo wrote:theres a glitch!!!!!!! in wolfquest.....my wolf is happy. :shock: i double checked to make sure but really YOU CAN MAKE YOUR WOLVES happy!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH CREEPY WEIRD!!!!!
Please try to not use excessive exclaimation points or capitals 1mistymoo, as it can be classified as SPAM. Thanks! ;)

As a general reminder, if you're experiencing a bug/glitch please report it following this guide:
What do I do if I find a bug or a glitch?: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34802

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Avery

Post by AveryCF » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:38 pm

1mitsymoo wrote::evil: i'm kindof dissapointed with wolfquest 2.5. i mean. i wait ALLL this time and its the SAME THING just with some special effects!!!! i thought we were going to do more when we got to the summer den. instead it just comes up with a tutorial thats all like "your pups with hunt bugs and insects and soon will be able to hunt elk with you. then you will have a new litter of pups and they will help you with those pups. then they will move on and find their own mate just like you did. bla bla bla.... sorry i was just SOOO exited and its not even really......that amazing :oops:

(Sorry if my quote thing is off, The forums is doing this new thing to me and is confuzing me. also sorry, like always, about my spelling.)

Ya, 2.5.1 is only adding Weather, time, and resting. It was always like that. Just a fix up of an update. As much as all and me want Bison, Cougers and pups to grow up as you said. It was told that that would NOT happen. So be happy with the work that WAS done ok? They tryed realy hard so dont get them down please? I'm not a mod, and im not making a rule out that any one has to follow. I'm just saying its been told many times that that was NOT going to happen. Sorry! Not trying to be mean! :(

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:08 am

Hm, well, since I feel that this thread has run it's course (particularly since it's been open for over a month now) and all of the excitement for the release has died down now, I believe that it would be best to lock this. Also locking this since it seems like people using this thread to post problems/glitches has become a reoccuring issue, and this isn't really the place to post these sort of things ^^;

If you are experiencing any bugs or glitches, then please be sure to report them using the following details or post your issue within the Tips, Hints and Help section (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewforum.php?f=2)

What do I do if I find a bug or a glitch?:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34802

Additionally, if you wish to discuss any bugs or glitches generally, it would be appreciated if you were to use this thread:

What bugs did you find?:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31150

Cheers!

-Thread Locked-

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”