New Moderators

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Larkarl
Former WQ Moderator

Re: New Moderators

Post by Larkarl » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Good luck everyone- I'll be glad to see a few more green names in the future.

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:39 pm

A great question was brought up by someone who's applying for moderator... the quotes we're requesting should be your own, but you can also include quotes from what others say about you. Either or both are accepted, though again, it helps to read quotes from what you yourself have posted on the forums.

Mmmm...taters. Yes, I believe we are quite ready for some new modertaters. :)
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Tita
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Tita » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Cana, I wish I'd known that before I while typing up my application. xD Oh well, it's done. Once again, good luck to everyone applying!
Indeed, it will be great to see some new green names. c:

Themis
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Themis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Tita wrote:Cana, I wish I'd known that before I while typing up my application. xD Oh well, it's done. Once again, good luck to everyone applying!
Indeed, it will be great to see some new green names. c:
Hehe same for me Master, but I wish everyone good luck. May the odds be ever in your favor (hehe don't we all need some hunger game quotes)

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:31 pm

The moderator expectations are not listed on the first post. Where can I find them?

ZeRivet
Former WQ Moderator

Post by ZeRivet » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Moderator Expectations:

• Act as a role model and make positive contributions to the WolfQuest Community.
• Positively and accurately represent the WolfQuest Team.
• Communicate with administrators, moderators, and other forum members in a professional and helpful manner. Avoid posting anything that may seem negative, demeaning, excluding, or condescending.
• Check the moderated forum(s) once per day to remove inappropriate topics and posts, answer questions, participate in discussions, and add new topics.
• Check other forums at least once per week.
• Check for and report inappropriate behavior in the WolfQuest multiplayer games at least once per week.
• Respond to those who go against the Community Guidelines in a positive, constructive, and informative manner.
• Correspond with the administrator about concerns and planned absences.
• Check your e-mail and PM inbox regularly. (The e-mail address you list on this application should be the one you check most regularly and does not have to be the same as the one associated with your WolfQuest account.) Update the administrator on any e-mail address changes.
Those were the ones that I found/used and I got them from a previous Moderator application posted back in April of 2011. ^-^

Also, I decided I would go ahead and give applying a shot! And I wish everyone who applies the best of luck! All those chosen will do a fantastic job!

Koda May
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Koda May » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:32 am

It seems I have myself riled up about something I won't have even a shot at. I doubt the Wolfquest team has only one or two applications. I don't think I would be active enough to become one, either. But, good luck to anyone that tries out.

sSilvers
Yearling
Yearling

Post by sSilvers » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:23 am

Koda May wrote:It seems I have myself riled up about something I won't have even a shot at. I doubt the Wolfquest team has only one or two applications. I don't think I would be active enough to become one, either. But, good luck to anyone that tries out.
sSilvers wrote:Everyone has an equal amount of chances being picked- don't worry. We all wish you all luck. ^^ (Good luck!)
Go ahead, give it a try. ^^

Steeps

Post by Steeps » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:34 am

Gosh, you beat me to it sSilvers!
Koda May wrote:It seems I have myself riled up about something I won't have even a shot at. I doubt the Wolfquest team has only one or two applications. I don't think I would be active enough to become one, either. But, good luck to anyone that tries out.
nightangelwolf wrote:The door of green opportunity is never truly closed nor locked. ;)
If you contine to post regularly on the forums in a helpful, engaging manner Koda May, I think your chances at being selected will improve. Experience is one thing I'm sure they value, so by showing them you care and that you are going to stick around and post is a good way to up your chances for next time :wink: . Like nightangelwolf said, there will always be other oppertunities! Yours might just be at a different time.

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:55 am

Ack, I had intended on adding the mod expectations... and hadn't realized I had forgotten because so many of you already applied and included the expectations in your application. Completely my fault... thanks for catching it. Adding them to the first post now.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

lucarioheart200

Post by lucarioheart200 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:35 am

Sent in my application :0
Can't wait to see the results!

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:53 am

WQ Coordinator wrote:Ack, I had intended on adding the mod expectations... and hadn't realized I had forgotten because so many of you already applied and included the expectations in your application. Completely my fault... thanks for catching it. Adding them to the first post now.
I believe mostly all of us know the expectations for the mods, but it will help others to know them from the first post if they apply ^^

Howleen
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Howleen » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:08 am

Good luck to everybody, and welcome back, Rikku! ^^

Nyamh
Pup
Pup

Post by Nyamh » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:24 am

Moderator applications? ^^' I'd apply but I just signed up here, I'll apply next time around. c: Good luck to everyone~!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:47 am

There have been some in the past who decided last minute to apply and they were chosen... so for those who are having second thoughts about applying, try your luck and see what happens.

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”