New Moderators

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Hestia

Re: New Moderators

Post by Hestia » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Before I go any farther into typing up my application, I have a quick question. I've ready the mod expectations, however I was wondering if it was mandatory for a moderator to have the game on their computer and play it frequently. My dad doesn't allow downloading games off the internet because there are times when virus are attached or they take up too much space on a desktop. So would it be wiser if I download it?

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Hestia wrote:Before I go any farther into typing up my application, I have a quick question. I've ready the mod expectations, however I was wondering if it was mandatory for a moderator to have the game on their computer and play it frequently. My dad doesn't allow downloading games off the internet because there are times when virus are attached or they take up too much space on a desktop. So would it be wiser if I download it?
Yes, it would be wise to download the game, as moderators are expected to patrol multiplayer and report inappropriate behavior at least once a week.
To add on, as long as you download the game from the WolfQuest site itself, and not another game site, no viruses should be passed to your computer. ;)

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:51 pm

BlackWarrior wrote:
Hestia wrote:Before I go any farther into typing up my application, I have a quick question. I've ready the mod expectations, however I was wondering if it was mandatory for a moderator to have the game on their computer and play it frequently. My dad doesn't allow downloading games off the internet because there are times when virus are attached or they take up too much space on a desktop. So would it be wiser if I download it?
Yes, it would be wise to download the game, as moderators are expected to patrol multiplayer and report inappropriate behavior at least once a week.
To add on, as long as you download the game from the WolfQuest site itself, and not another game site, no viruses should be passed to your computer. ;)
With the addition of the Report Team this is not as important as it once was. It would be nice if you could help with reporting multiplayer games, but it is not mandatory.

Before the Report Team, moderators were needed to patrol games as well, and often reports would be posted in the Moderators Forum. This is now rarely done, for those who wish to report and remain a moderator are simply apart of the Report Team as well.

As forum moderators, our primary focus is to moderate the forum. We have the ablity to moderate/patrol the game if we wish, but if there are certain circumstances that prevent us from doing this, alas, it is not too much of an issue. The Report Team is strictly for reporting and nothing but.

Hestia

Post by Hestia » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Koa wrote:
BlackWarrior wrote:
With the addition of the Report Team its not as important as it once was. Many current moderators do not do this; that is why you see some on the Report Team and some not on the Report Team. It would be nice if you could help with reporting multiplayer games, but this is not mandatory.

As forum moderators, our primary focus is to moderate the forum. We have the ablity to moderate/patrol the game if we wish, but if there are certain circumstances that prevent us from doing this, alas, it is not too much of an issue. The Report Team is strictly for reporting and nothing but.
That's good to hear, thank you for both of your answers. I just wanted to make sure before I decided to send in my application. Thank's again. :)

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:08 pm

You're welcome. Just wanted to clarify. ^_-
Good luck!

whitewolfisgreat
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by whitewolfisgreat » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:27 pm

good luck to all who apply ive sent mine in :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Well isn't this exciting.
I probably won't be applying at this point, but good luck to anyone else who is!

Hopefully you make the best decision in new moderators, Cana. :)

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Good luck to all that will enter.

What could be an example of an quote?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:52 pm

JayMist wrote:Good luck to all that will enter.

What could be an example of an quote?
A quote of a post you've made that you believe displays one or more qualities of a moderator and so on. We prefer that the quotes you provide are your own.

Kimchiz
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kimchiz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:49 am

Oh well this is some interesting news, Cana.
I would love to apply, but I haven't really helped out to community that much, nor do I have quotes.
So I'll be sitting out for this round, even though it might be a while for the next batch.
Good luck to the other who apply though~~

sparky_wolf

Post by sparky_wolf » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:16 am

Ah, the applications are open again, lovely! It'll be wonderful to see a few fresh moderators around the forums soon. And a hearty welcome back to Rikkuzilla, good to have you back for a while!

Good luck to each and every applicant, and good luck to Cana with the selection. c:

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:53 am

Good luck to everyone who applied as moderators ^^

MoonStep
Pup
Pup

Post by MoonStep » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:05 am

Congrats Rikkuzila!!

That seems interesting. I'll be thinking about applying... Unless there is a special age-limit..? Idk xD

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:09 am

MoonStep wrote:That seems interesting. I'll be thinking about applying... Unless there is a special age-limit..? Idk xD
There's no age restriction this time. There was in the past, but there hasn't been one for quite a while now.

Unlucky 13
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Unlucky 13 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:41 am

Good luck to all those applying, I may apply myself. Also, welcome back Rikkuzilla!

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”