New green names

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

New green names

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:20 pm

You may have noticed a recent addition to our hulk-colored moderation team... Hidden Phoenix (congratulations!) has just been added to the WolfQuest Moderator team, and we'd like to add more. We're looking for active, helpful, friendly community members who can follow all the Moderator Expectations and really contribute to the WolfQuest Community. We may only choose one additional new moderator, so I'll be honest and say your chances of becoming a moderator this time around aren't as high as they may have been in the past, however since I'm hoping that only serious candidates will apply, there nay not be as much competition, either.

If you think you would make a good moderator and will adhere to all of the moderator expectations, please follow the below instructions to apply. Applications will be accepted no later than Wednesday, October 10th. Please only apply if you truly believe you would make a good candidate... my time is quite limited, so I would appreciate if I only had to look through serious applications. Thanks!

If you would like to apply:
1) Write an e-mail to me (coordinator@wolfquest.org) with both your username and the words 'moderator application' in the title/subject line.
2) Include this basic information in the beginning of your e-mail:
  • Your username
  • Your real first name (you can elect not to list this if you want, though I will be the only one to view it and like to have this information to better tell people apart)
  • Any previous usernames you've used on the WolfQuest forum
  • Your real age (again, I'm the only one to view this information. There is no age restriction for becoming a moderator this time.)
  • Your preferred e-mail address
3) In the main body of your e-mail, explain why you would make a good WolfQuest moderator and include proof to back it up. Quotes from the forum always make good proof, though you can also use other proof if you have it. The more specific, the better.
4) Agree to the moderator expectations. Whether you include that you agree to the expectations in your e-mail or not, if you're applying to be a moderator, it means you agree to everything listed in the moderator expectations.
  • •Act as a role model and make positive contributions to the WolfQuest Community.
    •Positively and accurately represent the WolfQuest Team.
    •Communicate with administrators, moderators, and other forum members in a professional and helpful manner. Avoid posting anything that may seem negative, demeaning, excluding, intimidating, or condescending.
    •Maintain an appropriate and respectable demeanor when conversing with other WolfQuest members, both onsite and off.
    •Check the moderated forum(s) at least every other day to remove inappropriate topics and posts, answer questions, participate in discussions, and add new topics.
    •Check for reported posts at least every other day, focusing on the posts reported in your forum but helping take care of reports in other forums. (If you have a question about what should be done with a specific report, post about it in the thread/topic inquiry thread in the mod forum.)
    •Check the Mod Forum at least every other day to answer questions and participate in discussions.
    •Check other forums at least once per week.
    •Check for birthday spammers so they are reported daily.
    •Respond to those who go against the Community Guidelines in a positive, constructive, and informative manner.
    •Correspond with the administrator about concerns and planned absences.
    •Check your e-mail and PM inbox regularly. (The e-mail address you list on this application should be the one you check most regularly and does not have to be the same as the one associated with your WolfQuest account.) Update the administrator on any e-mail address changes.
    •Keep everything posted in the Moderator forum within the moderator forum. Only share information with non-moderators if you have direct permission to do so.
Please note: I may share your application (without the personal information) with the current moderators so they can use your application to help vote on who should be added to the team. Again, your personal information (real name, e-mail address, and age) will not be viewed by anyone other than myself.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: New green names

Post by Koa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Congratulations Hidden! You'll do fine. (-:
Good luck to any who apply... and be wise.

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Congrats there Hidden, welcome to the team! ^^

Glad to see mod apps up! =D Best of luck to all those who try out, I do hope to see another green name around soon. The more tators the better.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Yes, welcome aboard Hidden! We look forward to having you on the team! Hehe :3
Also, good luck to anyone who wishes to apply! We're hoping for a great set of applications to choose from, but keep in mind that becoming a moderator is a responsibility. ;) Best of luck guys!

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Koa wrote:Good luck to any who apply... and be wise.
  • Haha, wise words Koa.

I must take some time first to reflect on whether I will have the ability to possibly commit to this position and my academics simultaneously before I make any final statements :wink: .

On another note, how many generations of moderators has the forum seen now? Anyone want to take a stab at that question? I know I have seen at least three since early 2010...

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Tonbei wrote:
Koa wrote:Good luck to any who apply... and be wise.
  • Haha, wise words Koa.

I must take some time first to reflect on whether I will have the ability to possibly commit to this position and my academics simultaneously before I make any final statements :wink: .

On another note, how many generations of moderators has the forum seen now? Anyone want to take a stab at that question? I know I have seen at least three since early 2010...

I could tell you if I had the information right in front of me like I used to, but I don't. If you mean application-wise, 5, including this one, as the others were done somewhat differently from what I recall, (at least 2 others, so 7) but I don't know, this one is also different from the ones in 2009 and 2010 and 2011. So, if you want to include all of the moderators being added in general, application or no application, I'm not sure. I know I've searched around the mod boards before and was able to figure it out.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks guys! I feel like I've said thank you to about a thousand people, and I'm only in my second day haha.

Good luck to everyone who will be applying!

Tonbei wrote:
  • On another note, how many generations of moderators has the forum seen now? Anyone want to take a stab at that question? I know I have seen at least three since early 2010...
..many. XD

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Avery

Post by AveryCF » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Oh my! Grats on the new mods! Good to see a new batch of friendly helpers jion, I remember the last ones. :) Sadly idk how to exactly become a mod or I would, but perhaps I should learn more on how to, what to do/say as one, and so on. Grats you guys, be sure to help out the new forum pups as they have alot to learn such as no less than 3 word posts, double posting and othewr such things they gotta shape up into.XD Congrats yet again! :D This put me in a good mood today seeing others be happy. :D

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:07 pm

AveryCF wrote:Sadly idk how to exactly become a mod or I would, but perhaps I should learn more on how to, what to do/say as one, and so on.
To become a moderator, you will need to fill out an application. When there is a need for new moderators, WQ Coordinator will make an announcement on the forums, including the requirements and how to apply. Typically we post a new application about once a year, but it's 100% based on moderator needs: if we have enough moderators, we don't add more, no matter how long it's been since the last time we posted an application. If we do need more moderators, sometimes they are chosen from previous moderator candidates rather than posting a new application. So if you're like to be a moderator, just be patient, active, and keep your eye on the WQ News and Announcements forum.

For your chances to be increased of being picked when you apply, you need to follow the forum guidelines, make positive contributions to the community, and help moderators and administrators without being a backseat moderator (definition of a ‘backseat moderator is included in the Forum Guidelines, as well as another FAQ topic).

Here's a list of suggestions from SilverHybrid:
→ Respect and follow all Forum Guidelines.
→ Show interest for the game/forums; start new, interesting topics that you think are helpful.
→ Be active and helpful in other sections than Forum Games, Pack Central and Get to Know Each Other.
→ Answer people's questions at Tips, Hints, and Help, or go to other sections like General WolfQuest Discussions. Make sure to use official, quoted answers whenever possible, rather than coming up with your own.
→ If you see any problem around the forums, report it by using the "!" button located at the upper part of every post. Do not backseat moderate.
→ Welcome new members in the Introduce Yourself forum, always with a positive attitude.
→ Keep yourself active in the forums; try to make it constant.
→ Make constructive posts.
→ Always have a positive attitude.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=34773

Is that helpful? ^^ As you can see, mod applications are up right now, so if you feel you can be active enough and meet the requirements, you can apply and see what happens ^^

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Though I'd love to apply, I cannot. You guys will understand more towards the end of this month...and no, it has almost nothing to do with NaNoWriMo.

Good luck to all who do apply!

calxmity
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by calxmity » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:55 am

If we had a username change, should we include that within the email?

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:09 am

Any previous usernames you've used on the WolfQuest forum
Yes, you'll want to include your previous usernames in the email. ^^

calxmity
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by calxmity » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:11 am

Alpha Female wrote: