If you think you would make a good moderator and will adhere to all of the moderator expectations, please follow the below instructions to apply. Applications will be accepted no later than Wednesday, October 10th. Please only apply if you truly believe you would make a good candidate... my time is quite limited, so I would appreciate if I only had to look through serious applications. Thanks!
If you would like to apply:
1) Write an e-mail to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with both your username and the words 'moderator application' in the title/subject line.
2) Include this basic information in the beginning of your e-mail:
- Your username
- Your real first name (you can elect not to list this if you want, though I will be the only one to view it and like to have this information to better tell people apart)
- Any previous usernames you've used on the WolfQuest forum
- Your real age (again, I'm the only one to view this information. There is no age restriction for becoming a moderator this time.)
- Your preferred e-mail address
4) Agree to the moderator expectations. Whether you include that you agree to the expectations in your e-mail or not, if you're applying to be a moderator, it means you agree to everything listed in the moderator expectations.
- •Act as a role model and make positive contributions to the WolfQuest Community.
•Positively and accurately represent the WolfQuest Team.
•Communicate with administrators, moderators, and other forum members in a professional and helpful manner. Avoid posting anything that may seem negative, demeaning, excluding, intimidating, or condescending.
•Maintain an appropriate and respectable demeanor when conversing with other WolfQuest members, both onsite and off.
•Check the moderated forum(s) at least every other day to remove inappropriate topics and posts, answer questions, participate in discussions, and add new topics.
•Check for reported posts at least every other day, focusing on the posts reported in your forum but helping take care of reports in other forums. (If you have a question about what should be done with a specific report, post about it in the thread/topic inquiry thread in the mod forum.)
•Check the Mod Forum at least every other day to answer questions and participate in discussions.
•Check other forums at least once per week.
•Check for birthday spammers so they are reported daily.
•Respond to those who go against the Community Guidelines in a positive, constructive, and informative manner.
•Correspond with the administrator about concerns and planned absences.
•Check your e-mail and PM inbox regularly. (The e-mail address you list on this application should be the one you check most regularly and does not have to be the same as the one associated with your WolfQuest account.) Update the administrator on any e-mail address changes.
•Keep everything posted in the Moderator forum within the moderator forum. Only share information with non-moderators if you have direct permission to do so.