Forum changes

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Forum changes

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:17 am

As many of you are receiving the mass e-mail and/or reading the announcement letting you know of what’s going on with WolfQuest, I wanted to specifically let the forumgoers know of the upcoming forum-related changes. As described in the announcement, because of donations, store purchases, and ad revenue, even though we no longer have grant money, the forums will remain open. So you will continue to be able to discuss the game, wolves, wildlife, and nearly everything else you can currently discuss, as long as the moderators are around to help keep everything running smoothly. We will lock a few topics, like game ideas and forum suggestions, since we will be unable to add new ideas to both the game and forums, but almost everything else should remain the same for most of you.

I’ve been the administrator for over four years now, and it’s been great. In fact, I have trouble imagining what my life would be like without WolfQuest. However, after December 31st, I will no longer be the WolfQuest administrator. Because grant money is no longer available, my position has been terminated. Other administrators, including wq_admin (Kristie) and Kivia, will take care of things on a more irregular basis but have extremely limited time, so the best way to ask questions is to contact one of the WolfQuest Moderators, who have graciously agreed to stay on the team and keep answering questions and helping out in whatever ways they can.

It’s a bit heartbreaking for me to leave WolfQuest, but I’m confident the awesome group of moderators, administrators, Report Team members, and everyone else who’s volunteered their time to help WolfQuest will keep things running as best they can, and they will do an amazing job. The majority of you probably won’t even notice a difference because of their hard work. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has participated in the WolfQuest game and forums over the years. It’s been great getting to know so many of you, and I hope what has truly become the WolfQuest community will keep going strong for a long time to come.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Nordue

Re: Forum changes

Post by Nordue » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:58 am

• Again, thanks for the update Cana. As I read your previous announcement, I wondered why there wasn't a section for the forums. Now I know why.

This is an interesting change for the forums. I can understand the reasoning behind locking certain topics, but I would like to suggest that the forum suggestions topic be allowed to stay open, if only to serve those who still have ideas for how the forum functions. Either that or a different topic that recognizes the changes of a certain nature that can no longer be made in this scenario be made available.

But I can feel your heartbreak Cana, even perhaps to a lesser degree (only two years here for me). This project does impact people, administrators included^^! Yet I know for certain that I won’t be the only user continuing to enjoy the WolfQuest Community to its fullest extent in the months to come. So thank you once again Cana for making this project possible for all of us. I mean it! WolfQuest wouldn't be what it is today without the efforts for you and the rest of the community, and I know I wouldn't be the same without the instance of WolfQuest in my life, which is why continue to participate on the forums on a regular basis.

Hats off to the moderators and other administrators for taking this project into their hands! I think the forums will be in fine shape for a good while with their and the rest of the community’s combined efforts.

Adalae
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Adalae » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:12 am

I'm really sorry to hear of all this Cana, but we really did know it would happen eventually! I just wanted to say it was a pleasure working with you when I did and once more thank you for the opportunity. Good luck on your future endeavors and thanks for keeping the forums alive while you could :]

Granger
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Shelby

Post by Granger » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:27 am

Even though I already emailed you about this and whatnot.. I'm going to miss you being an Admin and being around WQ so very much Cana! You're an epic administrator and I loved working with you and getting to chat with you, and I hope everything goes awesomely in the future. You definitely deserve it.

Not my favorite New Years present, I admit. And by that I mean Canana leaving. I'll miss you being around here so much(even though I know you'll be lurking), and please keep being awesome!

I'll say, I did see this coming sooner or later.. Much to my disdain, with consideration for funding and all. And it's sad to hear.. Though good it will be sticking around for some time longer. I'll do my best to help keep this place running.. And I'm sure that we community members can definitely do it. :D

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:38 am

I felt it was coming sooner or later, all great things come to an end someday. It's been a wild ride, and I'm glad to have been here for 43 3 years. C:
Though I've said my farewells via email, it will be a shame to see you leave the forums. Best of luck with future endeavours! ^^

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:47 am

I would have to agree with what others have said, I'm sure that a lot of us felt that this was going to occur soon enough.

Although, I am really sad to see you leaving, Cana D: You've done a lot for the forums and it was awesome to work alongside you when I did - you have been a great administrator for the community!

Thanks for everything and good luck with your future!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:59 am

@ Tonbei - With the administrators' limited time, I cannot forsee the Forum Suggestions topic being useful, considering they will likely be only around to help manage/supervise the forums and may not have time to do other things. A new topic to address changes that cannot be made for the forums would be like re-labeling Ideas for new episodes to Ideas for new games cannot be created. It may give users the wrong impression or cause them to panic even more, so I'm not sure if it is necessary for it to continue its existence.

On another note, its sad seeing you leave. flower summed it up quite well, but I personally will miss tempting you with stories of tator tots, as well as working with you :) . I understand you have other responsiblities to now attend to and I wish you the best of luck with those.

7Tesla

Post by 7Tesla » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:07 am

Others already said this. But yeah, I as well knew this was gonna come, but truth to be, not so soon... It's sad, but maybe if there are any other chances, you can still visit the community once in awhile? =3 Under a different account maybe, and let us know it's you? Some of us (not all) will miss you.
SilverMoonlight wrote:Not my favorite New Years present, I admit. And by that I mean Canana leaving.

You took the words out of my mouth. ; - ;
I was here when you came, I wasn't posting much, but a lot will agree with this: You changed the community, you made it a better place.

Farewell, Cana~ May we cross paths again and goodluck with your future~!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:17 am

The Timeless One wrote:Others already said this. But yeah, I as well knew this was gonna come, but truth to be, not so soon... It's sad, but maybe if there are any other chances, you can still visit the community once in awhile? =3 Under a different account maybe, and let us know it's you? Some of us (not all) will miss you.
SilverMoonlight wrote:Not my favorite New Years present, I admit. And by that I mean Canana leaving.

You took the words out of my mouth. ; - ;
I was here when you came, I wasn't posting much, but a lot will agree with this: You changed the community, you made it a better place.

Farewell, Cana~ May we cross paths again and goodluck with your future~!
I know when Michelle left (WQ Project Coordinator) she kept her account and visited every now and then for awhile, but her position also didn't actually get terminated at the time. I would suspect that Cana is keeping her account here in some way, shape, or form. As far as specifics go, she probably has more insight on that.

wolf_storm
Yearling
Yearling

Post by wolf_storm » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:36 pm

It's a shame to see this happening, but I suppose it was going to happen eventually. You've done so much for the forums, Cana, it's saddening to see you leave. :c Best of luck out there, I hope you can visit every once in a while.

Unlucky 13
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Unlucky 13 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Shame to hear you're leaving Cana, but, like it's already been said, best of luck in the future.
Like flower said - most people knew it was coming sooner or later, but it's been very good while I've had my time here, no matter on what previous accounts.

DarkWolfGirl54
Yearling
Yearling

Post by DarkWolfGirl54 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:35 pm

Aw man, sad to see you go, Cana. :c But thanks for all you've done, and good luck with everything!

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Cana, you've made WQ acheive its goal, and even continue! You're very helpful; all the hard work that you and the rest of the Team have put into the WolfQuest project has inspired me to try my own projects like this, as well as wolf conservation. Thank you for making a positive difference in my life, and hopefully you can visit in the future.
Last edited by Windstrider on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpiritOfTruth
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SpiritOfTruth » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:29 pm

All of this is absolutely breaking my heart and when I read it a little jolt went through where my heart is. I'm very sad to see you go, Cana, but it was bound to happen sometime I suppose. The Wolfquest project, as I see it, is crumbling. Hopefully in light of this we can find some funding and keep Wolfquest running. Thank you for sharing this Cana, I was unaware of this change.

Kaapse
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kaapse » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:08 am

• Very sad to see you go, Cana. I'm sure all members will miss you tons. Of course these things happen, it's life. Good luck with your future c;

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”