Forum changes

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Nordue

Re: Forum changes

Post by Nordue » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:39 pm

• Don't forget JayMist that major changes to the forum (such as a domain change) can no longer be done as stated by Cana in the Forum changes post in the WQ News and Announcements board. Only minor changes that are able to be done by the moderation team are still viable at this point.

I suppose if you wanted to explain the advantages of your idea to Kivia in PM, you could do that however. Thanks for understanding!

Ratlover4194
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: *Everyone collectively groans at Spot's pile of 6.5 billion characters*

Post by Ratlover4194 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:21 pm

Tonbei wrote:
  • Again, thanks for the update Cana. As I read your previous announcement, I wondered why there wasn't a section for the forums. Now I know why.

This is an interesting change for the forums. I can understand the reasoning behind locking certain topics, but I would like to suggest that the forum suggestions topic be allowed to stay open, if only to serve those who still have ideas for how the forum functions. Either that or a different topic that recognizes the changes of a certain nature that can no longer be made in this scenario be made available.

But I can feel your heartbreak Cana, even perhaps to a lesser degree (only two years here for me). This project does impact people, administrators included^^! Yet I know for certain that I won’t be the only user continuing to enjoy the WolfQuest Community to its fullest extent in the months to come. So thank you once again Cana for making this project possible for all of us. I mean it! WolfQuest wouldn't be what it is today without the efforts for you and the rest of the community, and I know I wouldn't be the same without the instance of WolfQuest in my life, which is why continue to participate on the forums on a regular basis.

Hats off to the moderators and other administrators for taking this project into their hands! I think the forums will be in fine shape for a good while with their and the rest of the community’s combined efforts.
Yes, even though I've only been a part of the forum for three-or-so years, I've been browsing the forums and playing the game since the very beginning--even before the original demo was released. How far we've come, from red arrows and black wolf raccoon tails, glitchy bears, talking coyotes, jumping the level walls and running around on nothingness, to this wonderful, beautiful adventure. It's hard to remember when WolfQuest didn't exist, and I'll miss it greatly, but I'll definitely still pop in on the forums. :)

I know that I, and many others, will greatly miss you, Cana. I remember when Michelle left--it was so sad. You've been great, and I hope you'll still drop by once in a while to say hello. Thank you for everything you, and all the members of the WQ (both game and forum) team, have done, and will continue to do.

_Nebula_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by _Nebula_ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:33 am

That is a shame. I only just got here and now things are going downhill? I really wanted to experience the WQ community for a long time to come but it's very bad to hear things must end here. At least the mods are still around to help out and I do hope things improve! Maybe one day we can see things rebuild and start anew here?

wolfbeat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfbeat » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 am

Oh, I wish that things would never change. I wish Wolf Quest would go on and on forever, but I also know that it can't. Its funding is too low to make any more games or even to keep its current ones the same. But let's look on the bright side! Let's make ourselves believe that one day, another source of funding would come along. (Ideas, people?) Like, my brother was suggesting somebody could write a book about the life of a little wolf set in the Wolf Quest game, with different screenshots showing the pup as he grows. (This would probably never happen ;D)

At least this great forum will still be here.

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:26 am

• Note that if anyone has any ideas of how they plan to continue to spread the general principles of the WolfQuest project beyond the community, they are welcome to share and discuss them here http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70297. Thanks for understanding guys!

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 pm

We're all going to miss you, Cana. You and the entire team have helped to educate me, and so many others, about the joys of wildlife and wolves. I will never be able to thank you enough. I still remember the very first time I ever played this game, and...it's a memory I'm never going to lose. There have been so many laughs I've been able to share, so many wonderful experiences, and it just is awful that we have to let it go because of that awful thing called money. But I don't think we're saying goodbye for good. I've got a feeling that somewhere, in the near or far future, we will be able to get this game back on its feet. And even if we don't, we've still got the game as it is. Frozen in time, frozen in wonderfulness. We could have it worse. The game could have to shut down completely-and that, my friends, would be awful.
I love you guys all so much and I know we're all going to be a family for as long as we can be.

SOREN 12-1
Yearling
Yearling

Post by SOREN 12-1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Gee, it just won't be the same without you, Cana.. It's sad to see you go. WolfQuest is just so awesome, and it was great having you here with us.

Wonderland Summer
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wonderland Summer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Goodbye, Cana. I'm sorry it has to be this way. But, as ZippyWizard said, we are a family. I'm not ready to give up on WQ. I'm hoping, wish, for a miracle.

We will all miss you so much, Cana. But I will never forget WQ. Or you. ♥

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”