WQ Tablet: inside the den

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Edon Abernathy
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WQ Tablet: inside the den

Post by Edon Abernathy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:13 pm

Oh goodness me! Loboloco, if you included that... I would be so happy... I think I would explode. YES THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. PLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEE! MAKE IT! Whenever I'd be RPing beside the den, the other players would all complain about how they couldn't actually[/i] get inside the den, and that would always get me thinking. 'I wonder if they'll allow us to crawl inside the den....'

AND NOW I HEAR THIIIS!!!!!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:21 pm

loboLoco wrote:So would it be satisfying to simply go into your den to sleep (and pass some time) -- and see your wolf curled up with the pups?
If implemented, it seems implied that this would be for single player only; I can't speak for the developers though so I could be wrong. Suppose we'll have to wait and see! ^^

Crystal Moon Light
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Crystal Moon Light » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:30 pm

I would really like this idea, even though the den would be small, it would make the game more realistic...

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Dusk

Post by duskypack » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Has there been any decisions made about this, whether to add or not?

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:48 pm

Going inside the den would be great! We should be able to nurse our pups in the den until they reach a certain weight like in the final journey. But if it will take too much funding or time then I guess we should set our sights higher.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Thanks for all the comments about this. I definitely appreciate the desire to go into the den, but can't figure out how to actually implement it as a decent feature...the den is just so tiny and crowded. There's no room to look around or anything, it just barely holds the parent and pups. So I haven't forgotten this wish, but don't expect to add it to the new version.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Okay. I didn't expect it, but thanks for confirming!

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Celestial-Howl » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:29 pm

I understand if it can't be implemented. But maybe you could press a button that coaxes at least your pups into the den while a grizzly runs amok. Or maybe instead of wasting health killing coyotes all the time we could growl, like in the trailers.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:22 pm

WolfBlood02 wrote:I understand if it can't be implemented. But maybe you could press a button that coaxes at least your pups into the den while a grizzly runs amok. Or maybe instead of wasting health killing coyotes all the time we could growl, like in the trailers.
Definitely agree, although maybe you guys could just make it slightly bigger? I know it could be stretching the realism of it a bit, but it could work a little better :)

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:34 am

CakeWolfy wrote:
WolfBlood02 wrote:I understand if it can't be implemented. But maybe you could press a button that coaxes at least your pups into the den while a grizzly runs amok. Or maybe instead of wasting health killing coyotes all the time we could growl, like in the trailers.
Definitely agree, although maybe you guys could just make it slightly bigger? I know it could be stretching the realism of it a bit, but it could work a little better :)

I think it would be good as the same size. I wish we were allowed to raise our pups from the first day, if you are the female wolf, you stay in the den while your mate brings you food, and if you are the male wolf, you bring food to your mate. About the growling, why wasn't that included?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Concerning gameplay differences based on your avatar's gender, this was addressed back in October 2009 by Cana-
WQ Coordinator wrote:
Gray Wolf Girl wrote:Depending on your wolf's gender, will the missions be slightly different if you play as one or the other?
Interesting question! There will only be a slight difference in missions between males and females. In real life, both wolves would help hunt and protect, etc., though at this age, the female would typically stay with the pups more and the male would hunt more. But both genders do both things, and there's not a big difference in the way we'll program that.
Source: Ask WQ Coordinator- the WolfQuest Live Q&A

Missing features in the final version are likely to do with keeping the game in-line with the realistic/accurate portrayal of the grey wolf's life, constraints with time or funding, or problems implementing a particular feature to the point of having it function as intended may also be a factor had worked against the team during development; not all bug fixes were problem-free. Alas, a trailer doesn't necessarily guarantee the content it showcases as is true for most video games. ^^;

Serperior_123
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Serperior_123 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:04 pm

I don't really see the point of having the feature of going inside dens. Maybe when you are looking for a den, there is a wolf inside, and it defends its den? I mean, other then that, I don't see the point, because most of us will probably get bored with it in 8 hours. I would rather being able to go inside caves and find things like herbs or something useful, kind of like in TheStompingLand, you were able to go in the caves to find herbs in order to tame dinosaurs if you had enough exp until the guy just disappeared off the face of the earth. (I don't play this game anymore). Or maybe there should be human houses, and you have to find an abandoned one in order to find, maybe food like pizza or something because you need an easy meal. I for one think this is better then the cattle ranch and I honestly think these would be better then the 'inside the den' idea

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:52 pm

Serperior_123 wrote:I don't really see the point of having the feature of going inside dens. Maybe when you are looking for a den, there is a wolf inside, and it defends its den? I mean, other then that, I don't see the point, because most of us will probably get bored with it in 8 hours. I would rather being able to go inside caves and find things like herbs or something useful, kind of like in TheStompingLand, you were able to go in the caves to find herbs in order to tame dinosaurs if you had enough exp until the guy just disappeared off the face of the earth. (I don't play this game anymore). Or maybe there should be human houses, and you have to find an abandoned one in order to find, maybe food like pizza or something because you need an easy meal. I for one think this is better then the cattle ranch and I honestly think these would be better then the 'inside the den' idea

I think random human houses would be an unlikely element in a national park. Perhaps more human "artifacts" could be added that are still are practical in the realm of a national park, i.e., like the current footprints, signs, etc.

Serperior_123
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Serperior_123 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Koa wrote:
Serperior_123 wrote:I don't really see the point of having the feature of going inside dens. Maybe when you are looking for a den, there is a wolf inside, and it defends its den? I mean, other then that, I don't see the point, because most of us will probably get bored with it in 8 hours. I would rather being able to go inside caves and find things like herbs or something useful, kind of like in TheStompingLand, you were able to go in the caves to find herbs in order to tame dinosaurs if you had enough exp until the guy just disappeared off the face of the earth. (I don't play this game anymore). Or maybe there should be human houses, and you have to find an abandoned one in order to find, maybe food like pizza or something because you need an easy meal. I for one think this is better then the cattle ranch and I honestly think these would be better then the 'inside the den' idea

I think random human houses would be an unlikely element in a national park. Perhaps more human "artifacts" could be added that are still are practical in the realm of a national park, i.e., like the current footprints, signs, etc.
Perhaps a ranger station? They have those in Yellowstone, right?

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Pizza wouldn't work. This is a realistic life of a wolf simulator.

Wolves don't break into houses

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”