The status of things

Archived news, updates and announcements.
DeFender
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: The status of things

Post by DeFender » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Is there a reason to shut down this community forum? I kind of like it. Not to mention it's great for people who don't have the game.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:31 pm

I've been wondering that too, but if I'm not mistaken it costs money to keep up on the site.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Wow, that's awesome! Glad to hear WolfQuest isn't dead, and that it is somewhat still in development.

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:01 pm

DeFender wrote:Is there a reason to shut down this community forum?
WQ Coordinator wrote:Because of generous donations, store purchases, and forum ad revenue, we are able to continue to keep all facets of the game and Community Forums running much longer than expected.
  • The main reason: money! With the tablet game plans underway, I would not worry about this forum's future until an official announcement with some sort of deadline is made. For now, enjoy!

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks for posting!

Scorchwolf___
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Scorchwolf___ » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Glad to hear that Wolfquest is still up and running and that there is still some hope for the forum and multiplayer! I'm looking forward to the new app, too. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:14 am

Quick question for those who know;
What are the chances for an android tablet version?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:27 am

Thankfully, an Android/Kindle version is a possibility.
Quoted from the WolfQuest for iPad? thread-
loboLoco wrote:Android tablet is definitely a possibility, at least newer models. Phone screens strike me as too small for the game interface, but we can look into it.

Source: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 3#p2241473

loboLoco wrote:So we are now aiming to release the complete game for iPad -- and, barring technical surprises, Android and Kindle tablets.

Souce: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 5#p2258415

moonshadowwalker
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by moonshadowwalker » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:26 am

Wow I've been gone a while... Thanks for the update, I'm excited by the app idea!

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:33 am

I think it would be fantastic to be able to possibly fund a new episode with the money gained from the app. It's a really long shot, but I think it's possible. I'm really excited for the app! It's going to be crazy fun to play.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:32 am

I'm pretty sure they'd use the money from the app to continue funding the app, in all honesty. If it kicks off better than the computer game, then it would be worth it to continue progress on the app and spend money on it rather than continuing the computer game.

Rifka
Pup
Pup

Post by Rifka » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:59 pm

Thanks for keeping us all updated!
Glad to see that there is still development.

chickiefoo
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by chickiefoo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Just wondering, have you guys ever considered starting a Kickstarter project for WolfQuest for a new episode, the app, etc? Because I'm sure there would be plenty of WolfQuest fans that would help fund it to reach whatever the goal is. Or is there some reason you couldn't start a WolfQuest project on Kickstarter? I'm not totally familiar with the rules of Kickstarter, since I've never started a project there.

Also, another question, if the app will be avaliable to android tablets, will it be available to the original Kindle Fire? My mom has an iPad but I'm pretty sure if it's not a iPad 2 (which I read somewhere on one of these threads that the version(s) before 2 would not have the app.)

calxmity
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by calxmity » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:55 pm

chickiefoo wrote:Just wondering, have you guys ever considered starting a Kickstarter project for WolfQuest for a new episode, the app, etc? Because I'm sure there would be plenty of WolfQuest fans that would help fund it to reach whatever the goal is. Or is there some reason you couldn't start a WolfQuest project on Kickstarter? I'm not totally familiar with the rules of Kickstarter, since I've never started a project there.

Also, another question, if the app will be avaliable to android tablets, will it be available to the original Kindle Fire? My mom has an iPad but I'm pretty sure if it's not a iPad 2 (which I read somewhere on one of these threads that the version(s) before 2 would not have the app.)
I cannot help you with your first question, as I have no knowledge on Kickstarter. However, I can help you with your second question.
loboLoco wrote:3) The tablet version of the game (for iPad and likely Android/Kindle tablets) is in development, with bugfixes and a number of improvements and enhancements. We expect to release that later this year (sometime between September and December). We are funding this internally, so are counting on app sales to make back our investment. Should it be a big success, we will use those revenues to expand the game, possibly even another episode, though that would require very strong sales.
Source: First Post

loboLoco wrote:Android tablet is definitely a possibility, at least newer models. Phone screens strike me as too small for the game interface, but we can look into it.
Source: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 3#p2241473

loboLoco wrote:So we are now aiming to release the complete game for iPad -- and, barring technical surprises, Android and Kindle tablets.
Souce: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 5#p2258415

chickiefoo
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by chickiefoo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Thank you!
I wasn't sure because the original Kindle Fire is a bit older and might not have the same memory and stuff that the newest version (I think HD) has. But with all that it seems it will be available to my tablet, yay!

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”