The status of things

Archived news, updates and announcements.
calxmity
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Re: The status of things

Post by calxmity » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:23 am

chickiefoo wrote:Thank you!
I wasn't sure because the original Kindle Fire is a bit older and might not have the same memory and stuff that the newest version (I think HD) has. But with all that it seems it will be available to my tablet, yay!
No problem, chickiefoo! Glad to help. ^^

[Scribbles]
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by [Scribbles] » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:44 pm

My family just has a normal Hp tablet. Will the new WolfQuest game be downloadable on there? Because I don't have a IPad, Android, or Kindle Fire.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:53 am

dragonflash980 wrote:My family just has a normal Hp tablet. Will the new WolfQuest game be downloadable on there? Because I don't have a IPad, Android, or Kindle Fire.
After doing a bit of poking around, there is a way to download android on your HP tablet, but if you are able to get the Google play store on it (or if it has the program installed) you should be able to get it because the official Android store is Google Play and that would be where (I would think) they would put WolfQuest for the Android devices.

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:32 am

Whoa, an app? Sounds awesome!
Shame it won't be on smaller devices, i.e. ipods or smartphones (all I have is an iPod). But still, it's great to see WQ still going. I never expected to see it in another format like that! :D

StarWolfClaw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by StarWolfClaw » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:59 am

will the app be availible in the uk?

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:16 am

StarWolfClaw wrote:will the app be availible in the uk?
  • In short: yes! If you can access the online sites that provide Apple and Kindle apps, than you will be able to purchase the app.

Komoria
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Komoria » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:55 pm

This really is a shame, that such a lovely game has been slowly diminishing; Hopefully the app will allow our community to grow and flourish again, or at least bring in more active members. It will be sad to see Lexicon go, and it would be devastating if the forums followed that course as well. Hopefully when the app is released we will have a way to reconnect with the people whom have left, and maybe, one day, we can find a way to fully revive WQ.

Only time will tell though, of course.

wolfstorm13
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wolfstorm13 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:09 pm

At some point, we will shut down lexicon chat in multiplayer games on the Mac/Windows version. Dunno when; it's mostly a matter of how long the Zoo can keep some volunteers on the task of reviewing forum registrations and handling bad-behavior reports.
Hi, this is my first post to any thing on wolfquest. I was confused by what you said about shuting down the lexicon chat on the Mac/Windows version. If that means you'll shut down the lexicon on the computer version of the game, I don't think it would be a good idea for almost everyone on Wq uses it to chat or role play. If its removed those players may no longer want to play the game anymore and if that happens the popularity of WolfQuest will go down.

Thank you if you reply to this message.
I think it would be cool to add new animals on the tablet version like bison, birds of Yellowstone, moose or any other animals of Yellowstone to. Having your pups grow up , hunt and fight against stranger wolves or stranger packs with you to defend or grow your territory would be cool to, cause it would be more than just caring for your pups it would be about caring for your pack, and if the pups die the same way your wolf can, you could have the option to have more pups the next spring. I like the idea on having wind changes and having the elk fight instead of running away. Also I don't know if its to late to add ideas for the tablet version but maybe somehow you could add diseases that a wolf in real life could get. I think adding these ideas would expand the game and be more fun to the people who are playing the game already.
Thank you for reading through my long posts lol and I was just sharing ideas that could be used in the tablet version.

Cool, thank you for the advice about double posting nightangelwolf, im a little slow with it at the moment lol. Its to bad that the team wont be able to add more to the game. If I could I would donate money but I don't think I would be able to do that.
Last edited by wolfstorm13 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:52 pm

wolfstorm13, please try to avoid double posting as doing so is considered a form of SPAM. Instead, please edit your previous post if there is anything you'd like to add. Cheers! ^^

Those are nice ideas, but the current suggestions the team is looking for include further avatar customization options (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74904) and bug reports to be fixed in the tablet version (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74870).

Keep in mind that the growth of pups would likely require a new episode based on the game's story progression. This would require a lot of funding to achieve which the team doesn't have -- updates being made to the game are funded out-of-pocket as mentioned in the WolfQuest for iPad thread. You're welcome to watch the News & Announcements forum for any possible further suggestion threads posted by Dave (loboLoco) relating to new content for the tablet version. You never know! ;)
  • Edit
You're welcome. Just to clarify, double posting is where you post two or multiple times in a row without a "break" for a post by someone else. In this case it's preferred that you edit your post -- you're welcome to post a new reply if someone else has posted since it doesn't count as a double/multiple post. Apologies if there was any confusion there. ^^;

Mako_wolfwarrior
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Mako_wolfwarrior » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:02 am

That is awesome news! You guys can guarantee that I'm going to purchase the app on my android table when it comes out! I can't wait, and I hope that you earn your money back from the sales.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:59 pm

Well it is what it is if the Lexicon chat is removed and the forums get shut down as well. Anyone that made an account on RoTP website can recruit there since mainly all active members are probably there, so not everyone will lose status on things. it's just a matter of time and patience to wait it out.
I know I won't be able to get the tablet version; since I do not have a tablet in the first place.

DreamerDay

Post by DreamerDay » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Wait, wait, the site is site is shutting down because what? I think I'm confused.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:36 pm

It hasn't yet been confirmed whether the forum will stay open or not but the site will not close. The game will still be available to download from wolfquest.org and, where multiplayer is concerned, the forum will still be needed for account registrations in order to play online. Along with chat lexicon being shut down the original plan for phase 2 involves the forums being set to a read-only state -- as is implied, you'd only be able to read topics and not post at all; not sure if private messaging would be disabled as well.

Again, nothing has been confirmed at this point and the future of the forum remains indeterminable. It does make sense to keep the forum open for tablet support and discussion.

DreamerDay

Post by DreamerDay » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:47 pm

nightangelwolf wrote:It hasn't yet been confirmed whether the forum will stay open or not but the site will not close. The game will still be available to download from wolfquest.org and, where multiplayer is concerned, the forum will still be needed for account registrations in order to play online. Along with chat lexicon being shut down the original plan for phase 2 involves the forums being set to a read-only state -- as is implied, you'd only be able to read topics and not post at all; not sure if private messaging would be disabled as well.

Again, nothing has been confirmed at this point and the future of the forum remains indeterminable. It does make sense to keep the forum open for tablet support and discussion.
Alright. Thankies.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:50 pm

DreamerDay, please ensure your posts have at least three words, as any less is considered SPAM. Thank you! ^^

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”