Poll: Which wolf coats for "Life is Rough" pack?

Archived news, updates and announcements.

Vote for three coats

Poll ended at Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Original #1
1%
Original #2
5%
Original #3
8%
Original #4
5%
Lamar Canyon #1
7%
Lamar Canyon#2
8%
Lamar Canyon #3
17%
Lamar Canyon #4
10%
Lamar Canyon #5
3%
Blackfoot #1
10%
Blackfoot #2
14%
Blackfoot #3
5%
Blackfoot #4
3%
Blackfoot #5
3%

Total votes: 259

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: Poll: Which wolf coats for "Life is Rough" pack?

Post by loboLoco » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:19 pm

Neamara is correct on all points.

We'll have five ten coats in the Life is Rough pack. That's so we can offer the various injuries on more than one coat (e.g., the scar I posted earlier will be available two or three different wolf coats, so you have more choice). We're planning on four or five different scars and injuries, putting most of them on two or three different coats. I asked for just three votes per person so you'd give it some thought and choose carefully.

Here are two more scars-in-progress. What do you think? Too much? If not, do you prefer one of them, both of them, neither?

And with these facial scars, it's a little odd that you won't normally see them in the game (not on your own wolf, at least). Does that bother anyone? (I could put a scar in a more visible spot (for the standard camera view), but it wouldn't be realistic since wolves rarely get injured on their back.)
TwosScars.jpg
TwosScars.jpg (106.72 KiB) Viewed 2996 times
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Dave maybe we could have a deep scar on our ears, or maybe we can have one going on the right starting at the shoulder, going down to the starting point of the tail? like, if you where attacked by a bear you could ad that to ur wolf? maybe we could have a option in the options where you can change what the scars are?

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:44 pm

These images are amazing so far it would be neat to see them on other wolves but it's okay if they aren't maybe if someone gets so many points a mate like that would show up? Great work to the creation team! if nothing else it might be neat to see scars on the side of the neck if that's realistic at all as if there were skirmishes between other wolves or a bear.
Last edited by Wolvencall on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:51 pm

And I really Like The Scar that faded, hay maybe if we are fighting with wolf's or bears it will look fresh, and as time passes, say after a day or so, it will fade :)

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:56 pm

In the future would it be possible to have a health bar and if we were injured per say we could get better depending on how low your health is by sleeping a day or two. It would give more of a purpose to the resting mode and keepi g people from just letting their wolf die also and it would make it more realistic. You could also have the health regain at levels where if you are on a harder level it would be harder to regain health and take a bit longer
Last edited by Wolvencall on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:06 pm

ok :)

I like that idea better.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:26 pm

That would be cool, but sorry, not gonna happen.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:39 pm

loboLoco wrote:That would be cool, but sorry, not gonna happen.
I figured, I'm just glad this game is possible again. I'm not as worried about the scars on the wolves just that even more people buy the game and enjoy it so that the game can continue and more people will hopefully learn about wolves
Last edited by Wolvencall on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Please do not double post, Maddiejane. If you have something to add, edit your previous post instead.
Additionally, please keep in mind that posts with under three words (not counting smilies or quotes) are considered spam.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:02 pm

I know, sorry. i have difficulties using the website on mobile and occasionally make a mistake and double post I meant to edit my other post and It won't happen again.

Hairam
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Hairam » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:46 pm

Blackfoot number 2 is still my favorite coat. I don't have any suggestions- I just really love all the options and ability to interact! The second scar is my favorite.

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:34 pm

loboLoco wrote:That would be cool, but sorry, not gonna happen.
Aw ok then, hope that the scars go well. :D

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:24 pm

loboLoco wrote:Neamara is correct on all points.

We'll have five ten coats in the Life is Rough pack. That's so we can offer the various injuries on more than one coat (e.g., the scar I posted earlier will be available two or three different wolf coats, so you have more choice). We're planning on four or five different scars and injuries, putting most of them on two or three different coats. I asked for just three votes per person so you'd give it some thought and choose carefully.

Here are two more scars-in-progress. What do you think? Too much? If not, do you prefer one of them, both of them, neither?

And with these facial scars, it's a little odd that you won't normally see them in the game (not on your own wolf, at least). Does that bother anyone? (I could put a scar in a more visible spot (for the standard camera view), but it wouldn't be realistic since wolves rarely get injured on their back.)
TwosScars.jpg
They both look very nice, Dave!

Would it be realistic to have scars on their side? Or on their legs or belly? Or are wolf scars mainly on the face?

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:54 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:

TwosScars.jpg
They both look very nice, Dave!

Would it be realistic to have scars on their side? Or on their legs or belly? Or are wolf scars mainly on the face?
i was thinking that too, can we have them Dave? (p.s why do the shadows look like a human?)

llsaturnskiesll
Pup
Pup
Name: Amy

Post by llsaturnskiesll » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:35 pm

BlueBellTigger wrote: /quote]

i was thinking that too, can we have them Dave? (p.s why do the shadows look like a human?)
I think the reason why the shadow looks like a human is because it's just the shadow of the wolf's lower body and tail. I could see where you got that idea. The shadow fooled me too for a bit.Hopefully that statement helped.
  • Edit

TwosScars.jpg

Both of the scars look nice. I'd prefer the one on the right more, but that's just my opinion. Looks like things are going well so far.
Last edited by Neamara on Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added information from double post. In the future, please use the edit feature of your previous post to include additional information. Thank you~ ♪

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”