Poll: Which wolf coats for "Life is Rough" pack?

Archived news, updates and announcements.

Vote for three coats

Poll ended at Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Original #1
1%
Original #2
5%
Original #3
8%
Original #4
5%
Lamar Canyon #1
7%
Lamar Canyon#2
8%
Lamar Canyon #3
17%
Lamar Canyon #4
10%
Lamar Canyon #5
3%
Blackfoot #1
10%
Blackfoot #2
14%
Blackfoot #3
5%
Blackfoot #4
3%
Blackfoot #5
3%

Total votes: 259

Weylenn
Pup
Pup

Re: Poll: Which wolf coats for "Life is Rough" pack?

Post by Weylenn » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:54 pm

Why not have the application of scars be another layer, instead of being coat-specific? Similar to markings in games like FeralHeart, Cerealsoup, Aro'Kai /ect . This would allow people to use the scars regardless of the coat. So people wouldn't have to vote on their favorite coats for some scars.

I'm not sure if its possible at this point in development, but it would be nice if it was considered at the least yeah?

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:25 am

Those scars look amazing! My favorite is the left one, the one that looks darker and more deep. c:
Weylenn wrote:Why not have the application of scars be another layer, instead of being coat-specific? Similar to markings in games like FeralHeart, Cerealsoup, Aro'Kai /ect . This would allow people to use the scars regardless of the coat. So people wouldn't have to vote on their favorite coats for some scars.

I'm not sure if its possible at this point in development, but it would be nice if it was considered at the least yeah?
That's a very good idea, I agree. I really hope that's possible too. Then all wolf coats can have scars if someone wants them to have scars.
Or it's already possible or already an idea the team is going to use, then I don't have to say more, I guess. xD

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:06 am

Both of the scars look really cool! Nicely done!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:23 am

Weylenn wrote:Why not have the application of scars be another layer, instead of being coat-specific? Similar to markings in games like FeralHeart, Cerealsoup, Aro'Kai /ect . This would allow people to use the scars regardless of the coat. So people wouldn't have to vote on their favorite coats for some scars.

We thought about it but we just can't afford to keep adding features at this point. And some of the injuries in this pack need to be modified coats, not merely decals.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:44 am

Those scars look awesome! I prefer the one on the left myself because it looks less like a "scar" and more like the kind of nicks teeth might leave after a fight. Seems more realistic to me.

I like the idea of scars on the neck because it would be visible from the standard camera view and it seems like that's a reasonable place to have them. What about shortened tails? I've heard accounts of wolves with the tips of their tails missing from pack fights... is that realistic?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:51 am

Both of those scars look incredible! Great work. :)

Rain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rain » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:16 am

I love both scars! They look so realistic.

WQlf
Pup
Pup

Post by WQlf » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:27 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Here are two more scars-in-progress. What do you think? Too much? If not, do you prefer one of them, both of them, neither?

And with these facial scars, it's a little odd that you won't normally see them in the game (not on your own wolf, at least). Does that bother anyone? (I could put a scar in a more visible spot (for the standard camera view), but it wouldn't be realistic since wolves rarely get injured on their back.
I prefer the one on the left, I think it looks really cool! I don't think it really matters that most of the scars are on the face though. Couldn't you just use O and the [ ] buttons to move the camera? I wouldn't really be that bothered about it.

Weylenn
Pup
Pup

Post by Weylenn » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:14 pm

loboLoco wrote:

We thought about it but we just can't afford to keep adding features at this point. And some of the injuries in this pack need to be modified coats, not merely decals.
Ah, I understand. I'm glad it was brought into consideration though. =) Thanks for the updates and stuff Dave.

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:21 pm

loboLoco wrote:

Ah okay, but good you have thought about it. Maybe it might become something in the future. c;
Good luck on making the new version, WolfQuest team! I'm sure it will be awesome. <3

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:06 pm

Looking good! In multiplayer, I usually found multiple people with the same furs (the most popular being pure black and pure white), and with everyone looking exactly the same, it wasn't very exciting and got kind of dull. But the new packs offer a whole new world of variety and 'shades of gray' that I'm excited to log on to multiplayer after the 2.7 release date, if only to see how unique players are from one another in appearance (especially the eye colors!). Am I the only one who thinks this?

Huttser23
Pup
Pup

Post by Huttser23 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:11 am

You know? I'm just more than excited to find out that there will be a new update. After years of waiting, I was beginning to think, "wow, maybe they really WILL never make another one." But then I get back on here after a few years and BAM! New version! I can't wait for it to come out! :D

Arctica10
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Local Supercluster, Universe

Post by Arctica10 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:45 pm

I voted for Lamar Canyon #3 and #4 as well as for Blackfoot #3. I chose them because I thought they would fit a rugged and "roughed up" wolf and because I tend to like dark colored animals. I picked the lighter Lamar #4, though, because I could picture that coat in particular as tousled due to dangers faced by a wolf.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:54 pm

Hehe, I know this is probably a silly question, but will there be an eye scar, like the one that 'Scar' has in the Lion King?

bonnie bunny
Pup
Pup
Name: Star

Post by bonnie bunny » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:07 am

I voted I can't wait to see the results when this new version comes out

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”