WQ 2.7 Mobile Version Update

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Bailee
Pup
Pup

Re: WQ 2.7 Tablet Update

Post by Bailee » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Thank you for the update Dave!

I do have a question though;
I bought the Windows computer version for my Surface Pro 3, a hybrid tablet-laptop computer, and WolfQuest actually runs quite smooth. (On fast) However, it does have a tendency to heat up my processor pretty well and run the battery down to a 3-hour-max.

Will the tablet version be available on the Windows Store? I believe my computer may have an easier time with a "less complex" version of the game. And if it is, will my current account I paid for work on the tablet version as well, or will I have to pay another $10 to purchase the license? (All very worth it, if I need to. Supporting you guys is something I'll never fight.)

Little Wolf Spirit
Pup
Pup

Post by Little Wolf Spirit » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:33 pm

loboLoco wrote:Go to the Contact Us page (link at bottom of this page)

Ok, I see the page and it looks the same.........

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:22 pm

Little Wolf Spirit wrote:

Does it look like this? The "Found a bug?" part links to instructions for reporting a bug, and to report a bug you're actually supposed to email bugs@wolfquest.org instead of using the Contact Us link. You should be able to just fill in the required info on the Contact Us page and send it so Dave can look at it, and it won't be treated as a bug, if all that makes sense.

Little Wolf Spirit
Pup
Pup

Post by Little Wolf Spirit » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:11 am

Katserin Kynsi wrote:
Little Wolf Spirit wrote:

Does it look like this? The "Found a bug?" part links to instructions for reporting a bug, and to report a bug you're actually supposed to email bugs@wolfquest.org instead of using the Contact Us link. You should be able to just fill in the required info on the Contact Us page and send it so Dave can look at it, and it won't be treated as a bug, if all that makes sense.

Thank you for the clear up Katserin Kynsi!!! Sorry about that....I'm new here and thanks again!!!

CrestedMoon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by CrestedMoon » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:09 pm

Dave, it's alright. I understand how bugs and tweaks pull you away and delay you slowly, but surely. I will be one of the first to say that you need to keep pest-control working on games to make them as perfect as can be. I wish you luck!

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Good to know! Also don't worry, it was changed to PC because of a poll most of us took so I'm sure the majority is pleased with the outcome.

Bailee
Pup
Pup

Post by Bailee » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Also, with the tablet version and computer version existing together, will they use the same server? By which I mean, will people with the computer version be able to play with users with the tablet version? (And with that will the windows, iPad, and Android tablet versions be able to play together?) Of course, if there even is a Windows comparable tablet version... Which I really do hope there will be!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:30 pm

Bailee wrote:Thank you for the update Dave!

I do have a question though;
I bought the Windows computer version for my Surface Pro 3, a hybrid tablet-laptop computer, and WolfQuest actually runs quite smooth. (On fast) However, it does have a tendency to heat up my processor pretty well and run the battery down to a 3-hour-max.

Will the tablet version be available on the Windows Store? I believe my computer may have an easier time with a "less complex" version of the game. And if it is, will my current account I paid for work on the tablet version as well, or will I have to pay another $10 to purchase the license? (All very worth it, if I need to. Supporting you guys is something I'll never fight.)
I haven't looked into the Windows Store at all, so I don't know. All tablet versions will require a separate purchase, due to restrictions and requirements of the app stores.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Bailee wrote:Also, with the tablet version and computer version existing together, will they use the same server? By which I mean, will people with the computer version be able to play with users with the tablet version? (And with that will the windows, iPad, and Android tablet versions be able to play together?) Of course, if there even is a Windows comparable tablet version... Which I really do hope there will be!
Currently, they do use the same server. I don't know of a reason that might change, but no guarantees.

But voice-chat games are not cross-compatable (between desktop and tablet versions), since the codec/quality has to be lower on tablets.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Bailee
Pup
Pup

Post by Bailee » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Thank you much for the reply Dave! I hope someday WolfQuest finds its way into the Windows store, a couple of other users seem to express an interest as well, so maybe it'll be a possibility in the future.

Very glad we can all still play together though!

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Elliott

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:58 am

I can't wait for this Tablet version! I've been saving up my money for it!

Little Wolf Spirit
Pup
Pup

Post by Little Wolf Spirit » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:07 pm

So excited!!! Just got my play gift card today so I can buy the whole app when it comes out!!!

Azuline
Pup
Pup
Name: Toby

Post by Azuline » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:06 pm

Sounds exciting! I don't have a tablet, but if I ever get one then I'll definitely consider buying it.
Sounds awesome! WolfQuest has come so far from its first days, it's so amazing to watch this game grow.

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:45 am

Definitely look into the prospects of a Windows 10 tablet version too, LoboLoco. If you can make it a universal Windows 10 app, people might be able to play it on their Windows 10 computer, the tablet and the XboxOne as well.
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:29 am

Bailee wrote:Thank you much for the reply Dave! I hope someday WolfQuest finds its way into the Windows store, a couple of other users seem to express an interest as well, so maybe it'll be a possibility in the future.

Very glad we can all still play together though!
Yes, it would be very nice to see the app on the Windows Store. Nice to find a player with the same laptop model!

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”