WQ 2.7.1 thread

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Locked
User avatar
Kyrozide
Pup
Pup
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:32 am
Gender: Female

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by Kyrozide » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:27 am

Yay! I'm so excited for this!!! Thank you WQ ;-; i love u keep up the good work ;u;

User avatar
Kamaal
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 9:08 am
Name: Kam
Gender: Female
Location: Wanna take a guess?

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by Kamaal » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:01 am

Wolvencall wrote:I'd like to say that the time change isn't working in LR or at all I'm not sure ive just tried it in LR and when I do an action in single player I accidentally pick up the pups instead of the action when I click the icon
As Wolvencall said, time in general doesn't work and as she clearly stated, when you try to do an action you accidentally pick up a pup. I believe that this is some sort of bug. I'd appreciate it greatly if you could have a look at it. Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Nor-easter Forecast
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:16 am
Gender: Female
Location: Southwestern USA

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:05 am

Kamaal wrote:
Wolvencall wrote:I'd like to say that the time change isn't working in LR or at all I'm not sure ive just tried it in LR and when I do an action in single player I accidentally pick up the pups instead of the action when I click the icon
As Wolvencall said, time in general doesn't work and as she clearly stated, when you try to do an action you accidentally pick up a pup. I believe that this is some sort of bug. I'd appreciate it greatly if you could have a look at it. Thanks in advance.
That's very strange, guys. I have the beta version of the patch and both these things work fine for me. Something must have gotten corrupted when the patch was sent out. Thank you for bringing this up. I'm sure Dave would appreciate it if you could both send in bug reports with the details.

User avatar
Kamaal
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 9:08 am
Name: Kam
Gender: Female
Location: Wanna take a guess?

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by Kamaal » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:48 am

You might be right Lobo, I'll try and re-download the patch and if this fails on fixing the issues, I'll send a bug report in.

User avatar
paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 4425
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:44 pm
Contact:

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by paperpaws » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:03 am

Are you experiencing the same problem as the person in this thread? http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78729

At the moment, it appears as if something has gone wrong in the actual public release of the 2.7.1 build and the mouse buttons have been inverted. Dave has been notified. In the meantime, try right-clicking instead of left and see what happens.

User avatar
Kamaal
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 9:08 am
Name: Kam
Gender: Female
Location: Wanna take a guess?

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by Kamaal » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:13 am

Anduril wrote:Are you experiencing the same problem as the person in this thread? http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78729

At the moment, it appears as if something has gone wrong in the actual public release of the 2.7.1 build and the mouse buttons have been inverted. Dave has been notified. In the meantime, try right-clicking instead of left and see what happens.
Yes, you just hit the jackpot, thanks for bringing this up Anduril. I really appreciate it.

User avatar
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member
Posts: 2683
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by loboLoco » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:44 am

Lobo Laughing wrote:
Kamaal wrote:
Wolvencall wrote:I'd like to say that the time change isn't working in LR or at all I'm not sure ive just tried it in LR and when I do an action in single player I accidentally pick up the pups instead of the action when I click the icon
As Wolvencall said, time in general doesn't work and as she clearly stated, when you try to do an action you accidentally pick up a pup. I believe that this is some sort of bug. I'd appreciate it greatly if you could have a look at it. Thanks in advance.
That's very strange, guys. I have the beta version of the patch and both these things work fine for me. Something must have gotten corrupted when the patch was sent out. Thank you for bringing this up. I'm sure Dave would appreciate it if you could both send in bug reports with the details.
We'll get a patch out today, thanks for reporting these. I can repro the Sleep-time of day issue. For the other: You mean if you have the Emotes panel open, and you click an emote button while standing near a pup, you pick up the pup as well as doing that action? We can block that, though I am on the fence if that was a bug or intentional :)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

User avatar
Kamaal
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 9:08 am
Name: Kam
Gender: Female
Location: Wanna take a guess?

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by Kamaal » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:06 am

No not exactly, when you choose an emote and you're near a pup(s) your wolf tries to pick it up and doesn't do the action, neither manages to pick the pup up.

User avatar
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member
Posts: 2683
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by loboLoco » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:31 am

Kamaal wrote:No not exactly, when you choose an emote and you're near a pup(s) your wolf tries to pick it up and doesn't do the action, neither manages to pick the pup up.
Strange, that's not what I'm seeing. My wolf does the emote, but also then picks up the pup. But I think that the fix we're doing should solve it either way. (It's occurring because we added mouse-click to bite/eat/pickup actions, along with mouse-steering, so we're disabling mouse-click inputs when the Emotes panel is open.)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

User avatar
Kamaal
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 9:08 am
Name: Kam
Gender: Female
Location: Wanna take a guess?

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by Kamaal » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:42 am

Ah alright, that's good to know, thank you Dave!

User avatar
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member
Posts: 2683
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by loboLoco » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:20 pm

We've released a patch for these problems, thanks to those who flagged them! (But still having trouble with the Mac patch, sorry!)

Version 2.7.1p1

Fixes and Improvements:
-Sleep function restored
-Clicking Emote buttons will not trigger bite/eat/pickup pup action.
-On game controllers, A button will close tutorial tips and mission dialogs.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

User avatar
Kamaal
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 9:08 am
Name: Kam
Gender: Female
Location: Wanna take a guess?

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by Kamaal » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:29 pm

Thank you so much for dealing with the problem so soon. I didn't expect that to be honest. The game works fine now!

User avatar
Akuerri
Pup
Pup
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:52 pm
Gender: Female
Location: United Kingdom

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by Akuerri » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Glad to see everything has been fixed. Thanks a bunch WQ team :3

User avatar
duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:49 pm
Name: Dusk
Gender: Female

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by duskypack » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:43 pm

Do you think you can add in disabled chat in a future patch? It's not in 2.7 yet and I miss it.

User avatar
Kyrozide
Pup
Pup
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:32 am
Gender: Female

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by Kyrozide » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:16 pm

loboLoco wrote:WQ 2.7.1 is out!....but only for Windows at the moment. We're having some trouble processing the patch for Mac, but we'll get it soon. Sorry about the delay on that.

Do we have to download it? Because im pressing 'E' and noting pops up.

Locked

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”