WolfQuest 2.7.2 Preview

Archived news, updates and announcements.
[_Roxy_]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 Preview

Post by [_Roxy_] » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:14 pm

Oh
My
God
Wolvencall wrote:I wonder if the cougars are strictly left to the land and water or can climb trees to avoid you and attack?
I think that on easy, only land and water, every other mode, land water and trees <3 Great ideas

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:19 am

I really like the look of the cougar - it'll be nice to have an additional animal in-game. Looking forward to when this update is made public. :]

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:08 am

I know you guys have answered this question a billion times--so I apologize, but is there a more accurate release date for the update/patch?

bonnie bunny
Pup
Pup
Name: Star

Post by bonnie bunny » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:01 am

Awesome! Cant wait I always wanted cougars in the game cant wait to play it also I'm very interested in that cool thing

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:21 am

We made slower progress this week then I'd expected, alas. We're only now finishing up the last of the new features. I still hope to release this update by next weekend but that could easily slip a bit, depending how testing and tweaking go next week. (And unfortunately that pushes the mobile version's release back too.) But we'll get there!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Kamaal

Post by Kamaal » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:26 am

loboLoco wrote:We made slower progress this week then I'd expected, alas. We're only now finishing up the last of the new features. I still hope to release this update by next weekend but that could easily slip a bit, depending how testing and tweaking go next week. (And unfortunately that pushes the mobile version's release back too.) But we'll get there!
Ah alright thanks for letting us know! If you need any help with the testing part I'll gladly offer my services.
Last edited by Kamaal on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

midnight1975
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by midnight1975 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:20 am

Wow, that looks awesome! But I was just wondering if you guys could change how laggy and slow the start screen is... I don't know if other people are having this problem but when I try and play the game it takes forever because of the start screen. It takes minutes just to click on one button. But when I'm in a game and say I go to my friends list or messages it works fine.. So I was just wondering if you could change that or if there is a way to change it :/ Thanks :)

Kamaal

Post by Kamaal » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:49 am

midnight1975 wrote:Wow, that looks awesome! But I was just wondering if you guys could change how laggy and slow the start screen is... I don't know if other people are having this problem but when I try and play the game it takes forever because of the start screen. It takes minutes just to click on one button. But when I'm in a game and say I go to my friends list or messages it works fine.. So I was just wondering if you could change that or if there is a way to change it :/ Thanks :)
It must be your computer--I have no such problems. Have you tried reinstalling the game?

rainiepainie
Pup
Pup

Post by rainiepainie » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:56 am

midnight1975 wrote:Wow, that looks awesome! But I was just wondering if you guys could change how laggy and slow the start screen is... I don't know if other people are having this problem but when I try and play the game it takes forever because of the start screen. It takes minutes just to click on one button. But when I'm in a game and say I go to my friends list or messages it works fine.. So I was just wondering if you could change that or if there is a way to change it :/ Thanks :)
It does this for me too- though its more lag spikes than anything. The game itself however, runs totally smooth on highest settings which is weird.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:15 pm

rainiepainie wrote:
It does this for me too- though its more lag spikes than anything. The game itself however, runs totally smooth on highest settings which is weird.
I face the same problem. My in-game experience isn't affected, either, though.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:15 pm

Can you all take that discussion to the Tips & Hints section? (My first guess is that the game is syncing with the server, which might take a bit of time depending on your connection.)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Crystall The Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Crystall The Wolf » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:52 pm

Courgars are an awsome update! Maybe you guys could change a few of the animations for like how the elk die instead of them just dropping dead. Possibly a few other animations for how the models attack while in combat or how the mate would behave like irl with the nuzzling and stuff like that. Just a few suggestions ^^`

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: mary

Post by twinlinskis » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:06 pm

loboLoco wrote:* Another cool thing
I DON'T LIKE SURPRISES. but i'm looking forward to discovering what it is! also, that cougar model looks A++. i wonder how interactions with it will go

Wolfwind

Post by Wolfwind » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:12 am

Aaahhh man I’m so hyped for this! You guys just continue to up the awesomeness factor of this game, I’m so impressed by how far it has come. I can’t wait to see all those enhancements and what the dynamics of interacting with the cougar are (and find out what the secret mystery Cool Thing is!). I'm hopeful that a powerful enough Android phone will be able to run the mobile version. It’d be so cool to be able to have my wolves to kill time with wherever haha : D

[Kura]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by [Kura] » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Oooh
I can't wait for this!!!

I think I have a suggestion for this or future updates...
It's something that bothers me... the Emotes could be linked to numbers when the Emote panel is open....
Would be easier to use them in role plays or just for fun...

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”