WolfQuest for iPad?

Archived news, updates and announcements.

Would you buy WolfQuest as an iPad app?

Yes!
47%
Maybe, if it had a lot of improvements and new stuff
16%
No, only because I don't have an iPad
14%
No, but I'd definitely buy it for Android or Kindle tablet
15%
No, but I might buy it for Android or Kindle tablet
6%
Nope. Been there, done that.
3%

Total votes: 421

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

WolfQuest for iPad?

Post by loboLoco » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:19 pm

We're considering it!

EDIT: I'm locking this post since it's out of date.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: WolfQuest for iPad?

Post by Koa » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:32 pm

That's great! I'd buy it, but I've never seen an app for close to five dollars or less.. then again, I usually buy iPhone apps so I am not sure if the price would be less. Any more specifics on exactly what prices you are considering, i.e., $1.99?

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:31 pm

I dont know, I prefer WolfQuest on the computer but my family has an iPad... Hmm

Wofwarrior
Pup
Pup

Post by Wofwarrior » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:34 pm

This would be amazing, I totally support this effort.

Is there any possibility of releasing an app on Android or iPhone as well as iPad?

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:49 pm

• Interesting concept, especially in widening the audience for WolfQuest. I have witnessed young children 'starting' thier tech device journeys with an iPad or similar handheld device. I am amazed at how technologically capable the next 'generation' is. My three year old cousin can work an iPhone with the dexterity of an adult. She loves taking pictures, scrolling through images and changing the viewing size with her tiny little fingers. It was a wake-up call for sure! Older demographics also find the small size and protability of such devices appealing, although I don't know if WolfQuest would be thier first choice XD. You never know! When the grandkids come over...

Interest aside, I am sure I am not the only one wondering what would this potential innovation would mean for Phase 2 of the forums?

calxmity
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by calxmity » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:25 pm

Hmm.. I don't know.

I've bought minecraft (huuuuge mistake) for $6.99 on the iPad, and it was a huge disappointment. I'd buy it (maybe) depending on the content that comes with it. If it's like the newest version, no I wont buy it because I have already downloaded it on the computer. Why waste money on stuff you already have. If it had new features, sure, why not? However, my sister and/or brother would be hogging the iPad if I did. xD haha, I do think this could be a great step for WolfQuest, though.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:18 am

I would buy it, but only if it was compadable with iPhone or avaliable on the Android and Amazon markets.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:37 am

I don't have an iPad, but I'd definitely support the app if it could also be released on Android devices. Under $5 sounds like a fair asking price, so I would consider buying to support it.

It would also depend on what is included in the app; would it be just the game, just the forum or both in addition to some helpful/useful links?

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:48 am

I fully support the idea, but to successfully raise revenue from the game... It would be nice if it was available for the Google Play store and the Apple store. I spend only $130 dollars on an android tablet, whilst an iPad is around $400 or more.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:50 am

Android tablet is definitely a possibility, at least newer models. Phone screens strike me as too small for the game interface, but we can look into it.

The app would include only the game, not the forums. (The fate of the forums is a separate, though possibly related, question.) We do have ideas for some cool new features for the iPad/tablet version, but first need to optimize the existing game to run smoothly on older iPads (especially iPad 2).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

1BitJay

Post by 1BitJay » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:56 am

Maybe having a separate app for mobile? With little mini-games or just wolf facts something along those lines?

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:12 pm

Really great idea going on here! Though sadly I do no own an iPad, hopefully android tablet support will be added in the future. I wish you guys the best of luck with this!

psy
Former WQ Moderator

Post by psy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:32 am

I would ABSOLUTELY buy. I have some cash in my iTunes and nothing to do with it, and WolfQuest for an app is GENIUS. Besides, the funds that you get for selling the app to people around the world will help WolfQuest. Maybe some big updates that will attract more people to play WolfQuest could be the result of the app. :wink:

I have a first generation iPad, so it is really old but fast and durable. Just another thing to look into for those iPads.

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Question...

Does this mean that the app, if released, would raise funding and the lexicon chat wouldn't have to be deleted from Multiplayer since there was funding? Because if so, I am TOTALLY supporting it whether buying it or not.

Sheeba Wolf
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sheeba Wolf » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:17 am

It's great to see this being considered! I fully support the idea, iPads are increasingly popular (though I have yet to buy one for myself), and I can see this definitely working for it. Under $5 seems like a fair price; as Koa pointed out, I don't believe there are many apps listed at $5, so I'm not sure how many would be willing to purchase the WolfQuest app for $5, but if it could be done for a lower price I believe it would be successful.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”