Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: Announcing Episode 3: Tower Fall!

Post by valkea » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:53 pm

WinterNight wrote:It all sounds quite interesting, I just have one question. Will episode three be available to play in multiplayer, as a continuation of pup raising with friends?
Episode three is planned to be available for multiplayer, yes.
loboLoco wrote:
MormonCricket wrote:Will EP 3 be available on multiplayer?
Yes, we plan for the entire episode to be playable in both single- and multiplayer mode (similar to Slough Creek now).

Barkers15
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Barkers15 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:08 pm

This sounds awesome so far, aaa!! ;0 I'm so excited ! Tower Fall looks like a pretty gorgeous place, if I do say so m'self.

Northings
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Northings » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:35 pm

I'm excited and thrilled to finally see this. I've been in many chats where I and other players simply just talk and discuss ideas for the game; and many are answered just by this blog. I've been here to see all the many new upcomings of WQ and I'm impressed with the way the game took off. It's very informational about the wolves lives in the real world. I can hardly wait for it, good job to the WolfQuest team, keep up the amazing work.

- I'm also impressed by the strong similarities the game maps have to the real one. Can't wait to see it in person when I eventually visit Yellowstone!

common-sense-sarcasm
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by common-sense-sarcasm » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:39 am

This sounds so cool! I'm very excited and can not wait! :D

-FireBreaker-
Name: Fire

Post by -FireBreaker- » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:27 am

I'm really looking forward to this, can't wait! ^^

BlackGalaxy
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BlackGalaxy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:22 am

Im soooooooooooo excited , I'm having a few problems with WQ right now but hopefully that gets taken care of before the BIG update ! I can't wait to see how the pups grow!!

WindRedFox
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by WindRedFox » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:34 am

Neamara wrote:@WindRedFox, as Anduril mentioned a couple of posts above, it appears that episode 3 will not be free. You can learn a little more about the project's history and the reasons behind the updated game's price tag here. :) Frankly I don't mind that it'll cost; I'm willing to pay in order to support the project and its developers.
loboLoco wrote:Episode 3 will be DLC for purchase. We haven't decided on the price yet--it'll depend on the size and scope of the episode--but at the moment I'd imagine around $5-$6 more or less.
Source: Thanks for supporting WolfQuest! And what's to come!
loboLoco wrote:I have some additions in mind for the first half of 2016 that would be free patches. A whole new episode would most likely cost something extra.
Source: WQ 2.7 costs $10. Is it worth it?
Ok, I want to support the project and people who create this game, but I don't know if my parents will be willing to pay...Anyway, when the game with episode 3 will be available, I'll ask my parents if they want to purchase it.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:47 pm

Phasoli wrote:It must feel amazing to have such loyal supporters on your side to give the team the motivation it needs! The fanbase has grown so much... Wolfquest 2.7 has opened so many doors for us. Who knows what an entirely new episode will have in store for the future?

It must feel amazing to have so many people who will willingly support your passion...
This.

And more than that. Everyone who kept playing the game and participating in the community in those dark years from 2011 to 2013, and everyone who has come or returned to the game since then -- all of you are directly responsible for WolfQuest's continued growth. It was entirely because the community stayed alive during those years that, in late 2013, I said to myself: "WolfQuest is the biggest thing we've ever done -- we can't just let it fade away." And everyone who's purchased the game in the past 15 months, by voting with your pocketbook, you've kept it going, and you gave us enough confidence to take another risk by embarking on a new episode. So yes -- it feels amazing. :D
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Elliott

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Wow, it's everything I'd hoped for and then some! I can't wait for its release! But I have to... :lol: :wolf:

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:42 pm

I can say it's been an honor and privilege to be a part of this wonderful community and watch it grow. I'm also glad I finally got a chance to pay for Wolfquest for once since the donations were removed after the 'dreaded announcement' and near-death of the game. 2011-2013 was a hard era but I'm very glad I hung around to see 2.7 and the return of the game. I'm honestly pinching myself because it seemed like this never would happen!

I'm still expecting it to be a good two years before Episode 3 comes out (based on previous release dates), but I do hope to be delightfully proven wrong. I wonder how the game and community will be affected by the new episode, and I hope that Wolfquest doubles in size and becomes even more popular than it was in old.

Do you suppose the march store will reopen? I wouldn't mind wearing a shirt to advertise the game.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:09 pm

duskypack wrote: Do you suppose the march store will reopen? I wouldn't mind wearing a shirt to advertise the game.
Personally I'd love a mug with WQ's three wolf logo on it. It would look good, especially if the mug's black.

Sobakka

Post by Sobakka » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Oh man I can't wait for this, also the idea of wolf quest merch is very appealing.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:24 pm

I've been with this game since around 2009 and I'm amazed to see how far this game has come. I am so happy with the outcome and the path its taken. not to mention the map is twice its regular size now which is amazing^~^ Tower falls will be perfect!! Especially with the sheer bluffs for the 'walls' of the map. and there are a few geysers around the area I believe. correct me if I'm wrong. That would be awesome to see in game! now would the game only progress through that summer or a whole 'year' to allow the pups to actually grow up?

Switch
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Switch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:57 am

i've been with wolfquest since episode 1 came out and the series was a big part of my childhood, so i'm super excited episode 3 is finally coming! the new location looks gorgeous as well. i'll absolutely purchase it when it comes out, the price sounds more than reasonable

howl-ite
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: tat, howl, howlite

Post by howl-ite » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:27 am

Honestly, seeing this really makes my day. I've been part of the WQ community since at least 2010, witnessing its growth makes me feel like a proud mother. I know I'm not as active as I could be on here, but I will forever appreciate this community.

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”