FAQs about the Tower Fall expansion

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

FAQs about the Tower Fall expansion

Post by loboLoco » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:52 pm

What will be in the new episode, Tower Fall?
In the first weeks of June, the pups frolic at the rendezvous site in Slough Creek while their parents bring them their first meals of fresh elk meat. When the elk herds move down into the Lamar Valley, the pack follows — only to find other packs have already established territories in the valley. So they journey further south, up and over Specimen Ridge, then down into the valley of the Yellowstone River. There, on the banks of the Yellowstone, with Tower Fall thundering nearby, the pack makes a new home amidst fellow predators and plentiful prey. Here the pack will stake out a new territory, protect their family from danger, and and raise a new generation of skilled hunters.

Tower Fall will continue the story of your pack and pups, picking up about a month after Slough Creek level ends:
* The pups continue to grow — and so do their appetites.
* Fortunately there are elk and moose calves, and mule deer fawn, around, which make easier hunting for clever wolves.
* As the summer progresses, those pups will grow big enough to join in the hunting trips.
* Rival wolf packs may try to kill your pups and even take over your territory — unless you’re strong and skillful enough to fight them off.

Will it have multiplayer?
The entire Tower Fall mission arc will be playable in both single- and multiplayer (just like Slough Creek - Raise Pups).

Will I have to pay to get it?
Tower Fall will be an in-game purchase (DLC). Currently we imagine the cost will be perhaps $6-$8 though the final cost will be based on the scope and depth of the episode.

Why can't it be free?
It will be quite a large expansion of the game, and so we need to charge for it. We're putting a great deal of work into WolfQuest Anniversary Edition and Tower Fall: creating an entirely new codebase for more exciting and robust gameplay, creating new animals, new missions, and new multiplayer modes. The money to pay the artists, designers, and software developers has to come from somewhere. We've been gratified by players' willingness to pay for WQ 2.7 and believe that the new episode will be well worth the cost.

When will it be released?
When it's done :)

If you've been following WolfQuest for awhile, you know how bad we are at estimating release dates, so for the time being, we're not going to make any public estimates. Tower Fall will be released after WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition.

Will Tim Buzza create the soundtrack?
Yes! He's excited about the prospect -- and so are we.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: FAQs about the Tower Fall expansion

Post by BlueBellTigger » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:06 am

Are you still working on it? Or you working on it in order? Amethyst Mountain , Slough Creek, Tower Fall

Also, the price is ridiculously small! YOUR TEAM DESERVES BETTER I was thinking, Amesthyst mountain. 8$ to 15$, Slough Creek 20$ to 25$ and Tower Fall 30$ to 35$. And a bundle at 60$ (i think 60$ dollars, that way the players dont have to spend 100 dollars if they dont want to. The bunddle no less and no higher,That way your team will have the money to do more with the game, and that the players will have more ability to see the WQ grow more effectively and affordably. I understand th3zt you guys what a low price for the game so all players can get it, but you have to consider the ballance between the game and your lives as the workers. Not to have more money so you can get more just for the greedy purposes, no sow little that you cant afford to pay to keep running the game and add to it. I think a ballance, in the middle is good. So that the players can have a good experience, and actually get there money's worth of a gameplay. And that it is not to expensive, they can get a bundle pack withch is cheeper than buying them separately. So they have a choice to give more if they have the money, or to buy one bundle with everything in it if they are struggling and can save up to buy all in one go.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:26 pm

BlueBellTigger wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:06 am
Are you still working on it? Or you working on it in order? Amethyst Mountain , Slough Creek, Tower Fall
Some devblogs, including this week's entry, tend to have a variation of this addendum:
loboLoco wrote:We are releasing the first episode, Amethyst Mountain for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access on July 25. That will be followed by multiplayer and Slough Creek some months later, then followed by the mobile versions. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall.
Source: WolfQuest, Graphics Cards, and You

EmilyPlayz
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by EmilyPlayz » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:38 am

I'm a little confused recently.
Is Tower Fall only about raising the pups.
Or will the pups also help out to raise your next litter?

I know this is kinda late..
I'm just a little curious about Tower Fall.

Keep up the great work! So far WolfQuest 3 Looks amazing and I can't wait till it is released. Only about 2 weeks left! :D

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:49 pm

EmilyPlayz wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:38 am
I'm a little confused recently.
Is Tower Fall only about raising the pups.
Or will the pups also help out to raise your next litter?

I know this is kinda late..
I'm just a little curious about Tower Fall.

Keep up the great work! So far WolfQuest 3 Looks amazing and I can't wait till it is released. Only about 2 weeks left! :D
The details on Tower Fall are currently still vague beyond what is mentioned in the first post of this topic and the announcement topic found here, as focus has been on developing WolfQuest 3. I believe in--broad terms--it will be about continuing to raise your pups in a different environment, and in a later phase of their life.

EmilyPlayz
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by EmilyPlayz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Ah, okay thank you.
It doesn't fully answer me but maybe soon there will be more news, I honestly think you all made the best game ever!
Have a good day/night!

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”