Putting on the Fur

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

ClownfishtheDJ
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Emygra or Mist
Location: Howling with the wolves, grazing with the elk and deer, and adventuring with the coyotes in MT.

Re: Putting on the Fur

Post by ClownfishtheDJ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Whoa... I've been a Wolf Quest fan ever since 2013. And I had never thought that Wolf Quest would come back, and make 2.7. And when that happened, I was so shocked and so excited! Now, seeing "Ep. 3: Tower Fall" coming out, and the new wolf designs, fur effects, animations, emotes, etc. (which I'm just dying to get my hands on, heh) I have hope yet again for Wolf Quest. You guys have put so much effort, work, and energy into these new upcoming episodes, and I'm so thankful that you are taking the time to post, and do videos like this for us. I always love seeing behind-the-scenes videos like these. Also, I'd love to see y'all do one on how you form the terrain, perhaps!

The WolfQuest Community is cheering for y'all! Keep it up, and know we have your back.

(With this being my first post ever, if this was posted in the wrong place, please let me know!)

Infinity Howl

Post by Infinity Howl » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:24 am

I have to agree about Dave's voice and narration being really nice.
Thanks for sharing this!

Arctic
Pup
Pup

Post by Arctic » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Great narrate, Dave!

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:11 pm

ClownfishtheDJ wrote:Whoa... I've been a Wolf Quest fan ever since 2013. And I had never thought that Wolf Quest would come back, and make 2.7. And when that happened, I was so shocked and so excited! Now, seeing "Ep. 3: Tower Fall" coming out, and the new wolf designs, fur effects, animations, emotes, etc. (which I'm just dying to get my hands on, heh) I have hope yet again for Wolf Quest. You guys have put so much effort, work, and energy into these new upcoming episodes, and I'm so thankful that you are taking the time to post, and do videos like this for us. I always love seeing behind-the-scenes videos like these. Also, I'd love to see y'all do one on how you form the terrain, perhaps!

The WolfQuest Community is cheering for y'all! Keep it up, and know we have your back.

(With this being my first post ever, if this was posted in the wrong place, please let me know!)
Seconded, and I'm also curious to see how the terrains are made.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:19 am

This is awesome!! Is this the fall/ winter/ early spring coat?

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:34 pm

The height map seriously improves the appearance of the fur, it looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the fur on the moving wolf models. The gradient from the thinner fur to the thicker fur could be more gradual, though. Is it possible to create the fur in 'chunks', similar to locks of human hair, to give it a more natural, less frizzy appearance?

Weylenn
Pup
Pup

Post by Weylenn » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Noctis_ wrote: Is it possible to create the fur in 'chunks', similar to locks of human hair, to give it a more natural, less frizzy appearance?
Agreed. Is this possible? I'd love to see more of a gruff appearance rather than fur that just sticks straight up. Something that goes at an angle almost and follows natural growth patterns (if at all possible)

SimplyGreenflower
Pup
Pup

Post by SimplyGreenflower » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Um...would these new updates on fur and color affect the wolves that we had saved? But I think you guys did a great job so far.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:12 pm

SimplyGreenflower wrote:Um...would these new updates on fur and color affect the wolves that we had saved? But I think you guys did a great job so far.

I don't think it would. The colour doesn't change, just the fur texture.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:07 am

I thought when he made the fur super big and spikey was really funny. Man, this is cool. :D I love it how realistic you guys are going. And now, the game is pretty good. I was shocked in an earlier post that you said that everything is going to be better. Everything is already better than most games. You've just got to beat the graphics to Skyrim now!

SimplyGreenflower
Pup
Pup

Post by SimplyGreenflower » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:33 pm

I must ask, do you guys still know the exact date that the new fur will be released? You mentioned late 2017 which is kind of getting too. Just curious so I don't go in one day and get surprised to see my wolves looking different. That will be something neat to see.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:08 pm

SimplyGreenflower wrote:I must ask, do you guys still know the exact date that the new fur will be released? You mentioned late 2017 which is kind of getting too. Just curious so I don't go in one day and get surprised to see my wolves looking different. That will be something neat to see.
It will be released along with the rest of WolfQuest 3. The exact date is not known, but the WolfQuest team is estimating sometime in early 2018.