Announcing WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

ChaseThePoochyena
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Being the best person I can be and spreading my teachings to others.

Re: Announcing WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition!

Post by ChaseThePoochyena » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:29 am

Sounds great! Can't wait for it!

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:17 pm

GREAT news!!!! Wolfquest is the best wolf game out there! The only other one that even comes close is the old, outdated dos game Wolf.

I'm glad it didn't fade into oblivion and was thrilled to have it released on mobile platforms. No other wolf sim game (at least that I've played) has the realism and dedication that Wolfquest has. And as said I've downloaded and played several on my phone only to delete them not long after.

Wolfquest is the ONLY game I have ever bought BOTH for PC AND mobile so that I can take it with me and play anywhere I go.

I've even recently been teaching my two nieces to play (they love it as well...especially the babies)

ValorWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: FionaFox

Post by ValorWolf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:28 pm

This update just makes me feel like a little kid again! Even if the anniversary cost money I would gladly pay for it after all the effort that's been put into this game. I'm so hyped! :D

Ecliptic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ecliptic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:46 am

Rustic wrote:Wolfquest is the ONLY game I have ever bought BOTH for PC AND mobile so that I can take it with me and play anywhere I go.
Same here! I don't know of any other mobile game that sticks so closely to its PC version, especially one that's worth getting two of.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Ecliptic wrote:
Rustic wrote:Wolfquest is the ONLY game I have ever bought BOTH for PC AND mobile so that I can take it with me and play anywhere I go.
Same here! I don't know of any other mobile game that sticks so closely to its PC version, especially one that's worth getting two of.
That may change with the anniversary edition. There's too many things being added that mobiles may not be able to handle.

Source:
Dave wrote:One big caveat: Our players are roughly split between PC/Mac and mobile devices. We’ve worked hard to maintain parity between those platforms, but we also don’t want the significant limitations of mobile hardware to hold back the PC/Mac version. This mainly applies to the larger maps and possibly some other improvements — for example, the day/night cycle I wrote about awhile ago. We’ve got a lot of work to do before we know how to ultimately resolve these issues, so this is just a preliminary note that the mobile version of WolfQuest 3 is not guaranteed to be exactly like the PC/Mac version, and we may need to establish minimum hardware specs for mobile — most likely, 1.5GB of RAM memory. If you’ve got a lesser mobile device, you’ll be able to keep playing WQ 2.7. (And we're looking into ways to let you keep 2.7 on PC/Mac as well, for nostalgia purposes.)

Echodream
Pup
Pup

Post by Echodream » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Ooh, the video looks amazing! I'll definitely be looking forward to this!

Belladonta
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Belladonta » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:04 am

I AM SO EXITED!!! i can't wait!! :wolf: :moose: :D

DarkStar5566
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DarkStar5566 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:17 pm

I legitimately CAN NOT wait!!!!!! This sounds so amazing!!! :wolf: :D :D :wolf:

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:07 am

Seeing all the excitement here legitimately makes me happy. I have no doubts that this update is going to be something to be very proud of.

Kelvin
Pup
Pup

Post by Kelvin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:14 pm

Great news indeed. So, Dave you said the 3.0 release will have a new "codebase". What does that mean? Will we need to download a new executable file, or will it come as a patch to 2.7? (I'm guessing if the game's entire code is being rewritten, an executable would be easier.)

Back when I would say I looked forward to four episodes, one for each season. Lo and behold, we're looking at Episode 3 in dev and a big update to the base game.

wolverine18
Pup
Pup

Post by wolverine18 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:16 am

This sounds great, so excited!! In the new update will you be able to go inside the dens? Keep up the good work!! Cant wait!

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:43 am

wolverine18 wrote:This sounds great, so excited!! In the new update will you be able to go inside the dens? Keep up the good work!! Cant wait!

This topic discussed it and the eventual conclusion by the Team was that since wolf dens are cramped and dark and there's not much to do there it probably wasn't worth the time it would take to implement that feature.

wolfnight1
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wolfnight1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:41 am

I'm super excited for the new updates that I can hardly wait! I've been playing the game since I was younger and I just fell in love with it. Adding onto it is sure to be amazing and wonderful, and just... Wow... To watch how it's grown is simply phenomenal. :wolf:

Wolfy68265
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wolfy68265 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:00 am

So, around what time might this update be released (mainly Tower Fall due to the pup raising and stuff)? Or did I miss a date? :wolf:

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:02 am

Wolfy68265 wrote:So, around what time might this update be released (mainly Tower Fall due to the pup raising and stuff)? Or did I miss a date? :wolf:
The only given estimates are provided in the two FAQ announcement topics in this forum. There is currently no set release date.
loboLoco wrote:When will it be released?

When it's done :)

If you've been following WolfQuest for awhile, you know how bad we are at estimating release dates, so for the time being, we're not going to make any public estimates. But we do hope to release it in early 2018.
Source: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition