FAQs about WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Post by Neamara » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:04 pm

@wolfhunter2230: Many of the Wiki's 3.0 articles have been put up based on developer's blog entries for things that we know will be changing. Still a work in progress, plus they all currently serve as placeholders at this point in time; likewise, article titles are subject to change as well. "Wolf juvenile" was chosen for the "teen" life stage because it seemed appropriate (3½ months on the IWC's pup development page befits their definition of a wolf's juvenile period) shown in the teen wolf entry. :)

To answer "when", the only given estimate is 2018 in the first post. Beyond that, there is no projected or confirmed day or month, only that the team hopes to release it in early 2018. Even then, be aware that there are no guarantees. ^^; It will release when the developer considers it to be ready - you could say the longer it takes, the better it will be. Keep your eyes peeled until then! ;)

Tylercutecat06
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Tyler

Post by Tylercutecat06 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:57 am

OMG so excited for all the updates!!! Since I'm playing on mobile (will I have to play on PC for the new christmas update?) The idk why people would want to play as pups,when adult is more fun (in my opinion) anyways I absolutely love this game I hope it will be finished soon! :)

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:47 am

OK, Wait a minute....looking at this page it says that WolfQuest episode 3 Tower-falls is actually a free upgrade for Wolfquest 2.7 is this true? I thought you had to pay for episode 3?
Please get back to me when you can!

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:11 pm

Starbender2000 wrote:OK, Wait a minute....looking at this page it says that WolfQuest episode 3 Tower-falls is actually a free upgrade for Wolfquest 2.7 is this true? I thought you had to pay for episode 3?
Please get back to me when you can!

-StarBender2000 :wolf:
The Anniversary Edition will be released as a free update to everyone who has purchased 2.7. Tower Fall will be released separately as DLC.
From the first post of this thread:
loboLoco wrote:Will I have to pay to get it?

This is a free upgrade for everyone who has purchased WolfQuest 2.7!
From the first post of the Tower Fall expansion FAQ-
loboLoco wrote:Will I have to pay to get it?

Yes. Tower Fall will be quite a large expansion of the game, and so we need to charge for it. Currently we imagine the cost will be perhaps $6-$8 though the final cost will be based on the scope and depth of the episode.
Source: FAQs about the Tower Fall expansion

WolfLove12389
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Hunter

Post by WolfLove12389 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Wait, I didn't download the game from the webpage (because I couldn't figure out how to stay up to date with updates)so I own the game on steam. Will I still have to pay for the update for will steam just automatically update the game? I know I played the ultra deluxe wolfquest 2.5

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:50 pm

WolfLove12389 wrote:Wait, I didn't download the game from the webpage (because I couldn't figure out how to stay up to date with updates)so I own the game on steam. Will I still have to pay for the update for will steam just automatically update the game? I know I played the ultra deluxe wolfquest 2.5
It doesn't matter whether you own the DRM-free version, the Steam version, or a mobile version. The anniversary update will be a free one, whereas the Tower Fall expansion will be paid DLC.

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rimah

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:11 pm

I really do hope that my pc can run WQ 3 when it does come out. Currently, my pc is running in low settings for it, I can play it in "good" but well, it lags quite a bit and it's not enjoyable in my case. (I'm praying it will run which I think 80-90%.)

If people are wondering what PC and system it is:
Lenovo Think Centre M73Z I3
System:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB (3.85 GB usable)
64-bit Operating System

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:11 pm

TheOnlyTherian wrote:I really do hope that my pc can run WQ 3 when it does come out. Currently, my pc is running in low settings for it, I can play it in "good" but well, it lags quite a bit and it's not enjoyable in my case. (I'm praying it will run which I think 80-90%.)

System:
64-bit Operating System
Your computer is definitely not built with gaming in mind, from what I can tell. You lack a dedicated graphics card, and the other hardware seems fairly minimal. I have no idea how the update will affect performance, so I think it's worth keeping in mind your computer might have difficulties with it. If there is any way for you to update your system or acquire a mobile version of the game that does run well, that's probably your safest bet. Otherwise, it'll probably still run on Low settings, just not as well as it used to - assuming the update will, indeed, affect performance on less game-oriented systems.

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Anduril wrote:
TheOnlyTherian wrote:I really do hope that my pc can run WQ 3 when it does come out. Currently, my pc is running in low settings for it, I can play it in "good" but well, it lags quite a bit and it's not enjoyable in my case. (I'm praying it will run which I think 80-90%.)

System:
64-bit Operating System
Your computer is definitely not built with gaming in mind, from what I can tell. You lack a dedicated graphics card, and the other hardware seems fairly minimal. I have no idea how the update will affect performance, so I think it's worth keeping in mind your computer might have difficulties with it. If there is any way for you to update your system or acquire a mobile version of the game that does run well, that's probably your safest bet. Otherwise, it'll probably still run on Low settings, just not as well as it used to - assuming the update will, indeed, affect performance on less game-oriented systems.
It does run well on low settings at the moment and I do know some things about how to run a game without causing lag, so hopefully, it will do the trick. Like I said previously, hopefully, it will run okay. Even with just a bit of lag, I might handle that. 80-90%

Dave did say WQ 3 might require more than 2GB, so I have 4 GB of ram. On the Steam store, as I said again previously, it's recommended 4 GB for just 2.7. Mine is 3.85 GB usable.

Cursed_Child163
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Cursed_Child163 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:13 pm

Is there an exact (or close to exact) date available for when anniversary edition/Tower Fall comes out?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:56 pm

@Cursed_Child163: No, the estimate is simply "2018". Beyond that, there are no specific dates (or times) as to when it releases. From the first post:
loboLoco wrote:When will it be released?

When it's done :)

If you've been following WolfQuest for awhile, you know how bad we are at estimating release dates, so for the time being, we're not going to make any public estimates, except for "coming in 2018."
Please be patient. Thank you.

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Maya

Post by Kereudio » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:30 pm

TheOnlyTherian wrote:
It does run well on low settings at the moment and I do know some things about how to run a game without causing lag, so hopefully, it will do the trick. Like I said previously, hopefully, it will run okay. Even with just a bit of lag, I might handle that. 80-90%

Dave did say WQ 3 might require more than 2GB, so I have 4 GB of ram. On the Steam store, as I said again previously, it's recommended 4 GB for just 2.7. Mine is 3.85 GB usable.
Your system can handle up to 16GB of RAM if you're wanting to look into a RAM upgrade ^~^ Good luck!

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:33 pm

mayaafeys wrote:
TheOnlyTherian wrote:

Your system can handle up to 16GB of RAM if you're wanting to look into a RAM upgrade ^~^ Good luck!
Thanks. How does it work with this ram thing? And how will it improve?
With the ram I have, it's not bad on how I play WQ at the moment at fast settings and few tweaks to make my pc run the game a bit better.

I have done the scan, it says max 8 GB?

Update: This is the cheapest I could come across, 2GB. I can't offer much really. How will this work? This is my first time doing this stuff.
http://uk.crucial.com/ProductDisplay?di ... reId=10153

tatd_2217
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Taylor

Post by tatd_2217 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:52 am

Can somebody please just give me a list of what's happening in Wolfquest 3 and Tower Fall.. it's just all kind of running together for me. It would be lovely to have a bulleted list if that's possible. I'm sure a lot of other players would appreciate it as well. Thank you! :D

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:17 pm

tatd_2217 wrote:Can somebody please just give me a list of what's happening in Wolfquest 3 and Tower Fall.. it's just all kind of running together for me. It would be lovely to have a bulleted list if that's possible. I'm sure a lot of other players would appreciate it as well. Thank you! :D
Wolfquest 3 is a free update, that takes the existing content and story and reworks it to make a better game (kind of like 2.7, but on a far larger scale):
- Maps will be expanded
- There will be new wolf and new animal models
- There may be a few more animals added (deer, beavers, elk calves)
- Current mechanics will be reworked (ie. hunting, finding a mate, stranger wolf interactions and fights) or improved (ie. missions)
- A day/night cycle will be added
- There will be drinking, new ways to lay down and other, smaller features that may be entirely brand new.

Tower Fall costs money and will be an entirely new arc to the game, where most everything will be brand-new (kind of like when Slough Creek update came out and added the never-seen-before pups and Slough Creek):
- A new map
- An entirely new chapter to the story - your pups will be older than they were in this game.
- New prey
- Entirely new mechanics, as opposed to old mechanics that are redone.