Vote for a New Animal!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Which animal would you most like to see added to WolfQuest 3?

Bighorn sheep
44%
Pronghorn
18%
Black bear
3%
Bobcat
14%
Porcupine
22%

Total votes: 291

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Vote for a New Animal!

Post by Sambhur » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Koa's post summed up my reasoning entirely for voting for the bighorn sheep!

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Finally, herptiles! Very excited about the toads. :frog:

I'm voting for pronghorn. They're such interesting animals that people don't know much about (they're actually more closely related to giraffes than antelopes if you can believe it!) and I also think that they're history with wolves in Yellowstone is fascinating. Reintroducing wolves actually helped the dwindling pronghorn population recover since it reduced the amount of competition with elk and deer and reduced the number of coyotes who prey on pronghorn babies.
Regardless of whichever animal wins the vote, I'm very excited to see which gets added. You guys are adding so much to the new game it's amazing.

Zikura22
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Zicka

Post by Zikura22 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:21 am

Yeah I'd love to see all the animals in the game :D but for now I'd definitely vote bighorn cause there are not many animals in the mountains yet.

Question: The pup in the video is the young one we raise at the beginning or the one that will be taught to hunt? (In the new episode) thanks! :)

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:44 am

The toad looks great, and that video was overall very cute to watch. The poll listens quite a few exciting options, but I ended up voting for the porcupine. I'm in support of the bighorn sheep being so far ahead, though; a new larger prey animal would certainly add to the immersion of the game.

Asaiah
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Chief

Post by Asaiah » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:19 am

I chose pronghorn! They're such an intriguing animal, I kinda forget sometimes that they're indigenous to North America cause they're so bizarre in appearance. They'd definitely spice up the scene on WQ.

All the choices are pretty solid though! Porcupines would probably be the most interesting addition, especially to figure out how to hunt.

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:04 am

haha,super cute toad!(never really thought I'd say that o.o) It was hard to vote what new animal I would like to see introduced to the game, but I voted for the porcupine. I think I've said something like this before, we already have something relevant to elk and moose/larger prey being added, bears would just be another nuisance along with a bobcat, I'm not too sure about pronghorns, I've never heard of them until now o.o A porcupine might be a nice addition to go with the toad and the hare x3

Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Name: Arcturus

Post by Arcturus221B » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:13 am

I too voted for the porcupine, because it would be nice to have more 'small' animals in the game, especially if in the future bison will be added. I also think they would be a fun challenge.

SnowSprite
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SnowSprite » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:26 am

I voted for porcupine, but to be honest, I'm torn between bighorns and porcupines!
Bighorns would add more variety to hunting, but porcupines could be interesting to mess around with.

Silverheart98
Pup
Pup
Name: Silver Sparrow
Location: I'll roam with the wolves, stalk the deer and rest in my den~

Post by Silverheart98 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:48 am

I voted for pronghorn because never have I ever seen something like that in game! I know it's low on votes and hardly gets chosen ;-; Buut if not for this version then maybe for next one xD I know bighorn sheep are cool but I just would so much like to see pronghorn in game and figure out what kinda animal this is, how they protect themselves from wolves etc...Also they look like something from savannah! But yeah, bighorn sheep are great too cx Good job with the toad, I love fidning them irl! It'd be awesome to see if I can mess with one in game x'D

Keep on the great job!

~Silver

FallieWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by FallieWolf » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:53 am

I Think it would be great if you added more to the grizzly bear, as of now they can't swim. But bears swim and hunt fish so it would be cool to see that also if you give them cubs they could be protective of them and run
at you if your too close. They also scavenge for food, most commonly heard of, they eat berries so maybe if there were berry bushes or trees we could see them eating some. I think this would be better then adding in a new kind of bear as you listed as a voting option.

Goldenfallflower
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Aurum

Post by Goldenfallflower » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:19 am

I voted for bighorn sheep, for the same reasons as previous voters.

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:44 am

I selected Bighorn Sheep, though I was kinda close to choosing porcupine. I just think it would be nice to have a wider variety of prey, and new hunting experiences. The porcupine does sound like fun too, but I'm not exactly sure how you would be able to interact with it as a wolf. I guess your wolf could get hurt a little by touching the porcupine's spines, I just think the Bighorn Sheep would be a little more exciting. Maybe they could fight back by headbutting your wolf. It would be fun trying to dodge them as they charge at you, and maybe your wolf could get knocked to the ground or something, which would help make the hunt more difficult. If the wolf gets hit and knocked to the ground, I guess it could stay there for a second or two, kinda stunned, just before it gets up. That way, you'd have to get up, and most likely get out of the way quickly to avoid the next attack. This would create a new hunting experience, involving a bit of strategy to dodge attacks and make sure your wolf doesn't get killed. Sounds like a fun challenge to me. It's just an idea, but I think it would make things interesting. Oh, and I have a question... Can you hunt the toads? If not, what can you do with them? It's okay if it's a secret for now, I'm just a little curious. :frog:

Smokey Dustpaw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Smokey Dustpaw » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:24 pm

I like the Bobcat we already have lots of deers and only one feline and i wanna see how it would look and also squirrels would he a great touch and somehting for the pups to chase and porcupines would he so cool to see and maybe the pups could get picked by one of the qils and we could pull it out ? That would be cool also little fishes the bears could hunt them ? And maybe pups could run around the river tl try to catch them that wohod he so cute srry i havw alot of suggestions

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Dang, this was definitely a hard choice... personally I must say I'm quite partial to bobcats, but I don't know how much gameplay they'd add. As others have been saying, they'd probably end up functioning similarly to a fox or maybe a coyote. In the end I voted for porcupines because I think they could be a pretty unique addition-- possibly being a hazard to curious pups that's not such an active aggressor, and making you have to think carefully about how you'd fend it off! Honestly though, I think there's a lot of potential in all of these options, and I hope someday they'll all be able to make their way into the game :P

12adrienne2005
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by 12adrienne2005 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:40 pm

I voted for pronghorn but I think porcupine will be amazing too. Thanks for what ur doin Dave! :)