May Q&A

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Gillato
Pup
Pup
Name: Vigilante'

Re: May Q&A

Post by Gillato » Fri May 11, 2018 11:50 am

Oh my gosh! XD that was so funny i had to stop my self from laughing because my brothers are asleep.

But dude that wolf looks so beautiful, i mean even tho it want's to dance all the time...
still you guy's did a good job on them, and im happy to wait :) Cheerio!
Last edited by Neamara on Sat May 12, 2018 3:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Again, please no line breaks — signatures are disallowed in this forum for a reason.

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Fri May 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Haha! I always love seeing these glitches! And thanks for the answered questions! I can't wait to see all of this put together! Thanks WolfQuest Team, and keep up the amazing work!

Gillato
Pup
Pup
Name: Vigilante'

Post by Gillato » Sat May 12, 2018 11:23 am

Also the music was perfect for the wolf,
i wonder. do u guys name your wolf models?
Last edited by Neamara on Sat May 12, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please no line breaks — signatures are disallowed in this forum.

wolf_whisperer98
Pup
Pup
Name: Silver

Post by wolf_whisperer98 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:39 pm

:wolf: This video is hilarious XD I think some players would really get a kick out of it if it weren't fixed. But alas, from what you've been sharing with us, progress looks stunning as does the texture of the fur on the wolf. Keep it up! :wolf:

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Sun May 13, 2018 1:51 pm

Gillato wrote: i wonder. do u guys name your wolf models?
We try not to get too attached to the experimental models. :wink:
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Thu May 17, 2018 12:20 pm

I'm loving the fur on the new wolf model, and I'm excited about being able to manually rotate our wolves in the customization menu. That way, we won't have to wait for it to come round if we want to see a certain part of the wolf's body, like a torn or notched ear. I think it'll be a nice little touch, even if it's just a small feature.

katten122
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lexi

Post by katten122 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:53 am

Amazing x.x Can't Wait for it :D it will be great :D

Invar
Pup
Pup

Post by Invar » Mon May 28, 2018 9:28 pm

loboLoco wrote: Will cattle ranch still be in WQ3? If it is, will it be its own level like before or are you going to make it walkable? IE: You travel to the ranch by walking there, rather than teleporting.
We would like to make the cattle ranch contiguous with the game map, for naturalism and also so it’s available in multiplayer. But it turns out that there are no livestock ranches just north of the Slough Creek area of Yellowstone — it’s pretty rugged mountains and national forest up there. So even if we collapsed the distance between the SC map and the park border, there aren’t any ranches to visit. But we do have some ideas but nothing to announce yet.
No ranches, but there are livestock in the national forests on grazing permits.

This could be really interesting and fun -- there's regular wild territory there, and wild prey, but also grazing allotments with oh-so-easy sheep and cattle. The rancher won't be around and can't just shoot you; you'd get at least one 'free' kill before he reported it, and then maybe the wildlife service would shoot you with rubber bullets or blast alarming sounds at you and only get lethal if you came back yet again. You might encounter livestock guardian dogs.

Also, it's legal to trap and hunt wolves in that forest, so during that season it'd be pretty scary/challenging. I'd see it more as an add-on map game expansion where you could attempt to survive and breed in a more difficult out-of-the-park territory, but which many people or their parents might not want.

el wolfo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by el wolfo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:44 pm

Dear Wolfquest,

I was wondering if you were looking for testers. I love wolfquest and spend a lot of my time on it, and I really want to visit wolfquest 3 and make it better in all ways possible. I may be a kid, but I have a scientific mind and am pretty mature for my age. I don't want to be paid, or even shouted out, I just want to make wolfquest better.

Sincerely,
Lily.

RedWolf18
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by RedWolf18 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:25 pm

I know may is over, but I have a few questions. How will we get directions on how to transfer our 2.7 account to WQ3 and how do I download the new patch required for multiplayer? All I found was messages about it and an option to buy the game (again) on this website. Do I need to buy it again?
Thanks!

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:53 am

For future questions, please make use of the Tips, Hints & Help section of the forums so as to avoid going off-topic on these dev blog posts :)
RedWolf18 wrote:I know may is over, but I have a few questions. How will we get directions on how to transfer our 2.7 account to WQ3 and how do I download the new patch required for multiplayer? All I found was messages about it and an option to buy the game (again) on this website. Do I need to buy it again?
Thanks!
WolfQuest 3 will be an update to 2.7 (and Tower Fall will be a DLC adding on to the base game), so no transferring should be necessary. Any past, present, and future patches should happen automatically as well when you're connected to the internet and accessing the game through a launcher (either Steam or the DRM-free regular WolfQuest launcher). You can check your version number on the main screen of your game.
RedWolf18 wrote:All I found was messages about it and an option to buy the game (again) on this website. Do I need to buy it again?
No need!

el wolfo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by el wolfo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:45 am

You should make it so there's an option to recreate your pups and play as them as adults for a generations thing :D

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:16 pm

el wolfo wrote:You should make it so there's an option to recreate your pups and play as them as adults for a generations thing :D
For gameplay suggestions, please direct them to the Ideas for New Episodes V2 topic. Thank you :]

IAMAPLUNKMIN
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Pine

Post by IAMAPLUNKMIN » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:18 pm

As a fellow game developer i would like to know, what 3D software are you using to model your wolves? and if so did you make this soft ware and is it available to the public? And if so tell me what it is called and how expensive it is and i might try it!
In other words what software are you using to model !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:16 pm

IAMAPLUNKMIN wrote:As a fellow game developer i would like to know, what 3D software are you using to model your wolves? and if so did you make this soft ware and is it available to the public? And if so tell me what it is called and how expensive it is and i might try it!
In other words what software are you using to model !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They use Unity, which has both free and paid versions. To my knowledge, Unity only works on Macs. A simple Google search, or a WQ mod, can tell you more.

Thank you team for taking the time to answer these specific questions! Of course, every answer makes me want to know more, but this was a very informative post. I hope you consider doing more in the future.