Playful Pups

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Koa

Mwitu
Pup
Pup
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Re: Playful Pups

Post by Mwitu » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 pm

I love the new pup models! They'll be a handful for sure, though, what with the new personalities (if I get an energetic mate, will the pups be harder to handle?). :wolf:

Wolflover293
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: Playful Pups

Post by Wolflover293 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:00 pm

they are so cute Just look at them !

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 12931
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Playful Pups

Post by Koa » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Mwitu wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 pm
I love the new pup models! They'll be a handful for sure, though, what with the new personalities (if I get an energetic mate, will the pups be harder to handle?). :wolf:
I assume an energetic mate would make certain aspects of pup-raising easier to handle, because they'd be more willing to help out. Remember that mate personalities are more complicated than that. So, if you had an energetic mate that was on the more cautious side, sure, they'd help lug your pups around and be more vigilant, but they might not get as involved in the fight.
loboloco wrote: An energetic mate may be enthusiastic about carrying pups to the rendezvous site but require more food to keep health up.
https://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=84295

Mwitu
Pup
Pup
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Re: Playful Pups

Post by Mwitu » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:59 pm

Koa wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:35 pm
Mwitu wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 pm
I love the new pup models! They'll be a handful for sure, though, what with the new personalities (if I get an energetic mate, will the pups be harder to handle?). :wolf:
I assume an energetic mate would make certain aspects of pup-raising easier to handle, because they'd be more willing to help out. Remember that mate personalities are more complicated than that. So, if you had an energetic mate that was on the more cautious side, sure, they'd help lug your pups around and be more vigilant, but they might not get as involved in the fight.
loboloco wrote: An energetic mate may be enthusiastic about carrying pups to the rendezvous site but require more food to keep health up.
https://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=84295
Thank you so much for the reply! Though I actually meant that I was wondering if the pups would inherit the energetic personality and be more lively and difficult to handle.
Yes, though, I expect I'd definitely want an energetic mate, what with the new pups being harder to control! :) :wolf:

User avatar
OtterDrew
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:45 am
Gender: Female

Re: Playful Pups

Post by OtterDrew » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:09 pm

I just got the game a few days ago and I already love it. Can't wait for WQ3.

User avatar
alebrije
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:17 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: Playful Pups

Post by alebrije » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Excellent work, WolfQuest team! Having different personalities for mates and pups is an incredible detail from the game developers. This will make sure the game will always be different with outcomes.

User avatar
elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:59 pm
Gender: Male
Location: My room
Contact:

Re: Playful Pups

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:39 am

Will there be a journey to tower fall? (Like the journey to the rendezvous site)

Mwitu
Pup
Pup
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Re: Playful Pups

Post by Mwitu » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:30 am

elkhunter123456 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:39 am
Will there be a journey to tower fall? (Like the journey to the rendezvous site)
I think that the rendezvous site journey is all the traveling to Tower Fall we'll be doing, from what I've gathered. After the rendezvous journey it takes you to the next level (like Amethyst Mountain to Slough Creek) and you continue the pup raising. That's what I gathered, at least. :)
Hope this helped! :wolf:

User avatar
elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:59 pm
Gender: Male
Location: My room
Contact:

Re: Playful Pups

Post by elkhunter123456 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:13 am

how would the pups interact with small animals like hares, or toads? would they pounce or chase the toad/hare?

User avatar
Edda She-Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:08 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Playful Pups

Post by Edda She-Wolf » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:23 pm

I'm unsure if this is already a part of the game -- please tell me if it is -- but can we choose a pup to play as in another game? Like when that game ends there would be a screen that asked if you wanted to continue that pack, and you'd choose a pup and then in the next game it would be an adult.

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 12931
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Playful Pups

Post by Koa » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:05 pm

Edda She-Wolf wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:23 pm
I'm unsure if this is already a part of the game -- please tell me if it is -- but can we choose a pup to play as in another game? Like when that game ends there would be a screen that asked if you wanted to continue that pack, and you'd choose a pup and then in the next game it would be an adult.
I'm not sure what the exact plan is if playing as an actual pup is implemented. For that, see the post below.
Koa wrote:
Menna Mohsen wrote:Can you add we can be a wolf child Male , Famale , I mean can we be children wolves ?
As the post below states, there are no immediate plans to make playing as a pup possible, but it may be reserved for future updates.
loboloco wrote:Will we have an option to play as a pup or a yearling?

We fully understand how much players want this! And we think it would be fun too. Our new codebase will make it much easier than before to make any animal playable, so we expect to make playable pups at some point. However, pups are pretty limited in what they can do, so we know we’ll have to create some special game mechanics to make pups worth playing. So playing as pups will have to come later.
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... p#p2508000
I see your original question is more about how the plot will progress-- whether your wolf's pup is involved or not is a non-starter; I don't think we know how the game will continue in subsequent episodes like Tower Fall apart from it will focus on a different stage in your wolf's/pups' lives.

I do not think a mechanic of that nature is being added to WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition-- at least not right now. Slough Creek isn't even ready.

User avatar
BlackMetal
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:23 am
Name: Avenger
Gender: Female
Location: Avengers-Tower

Re: Playful Pups

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:18 am

The puppies look really cute!

Post Reply

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”