Good Mate Hunting

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: Good Mate Hunting

Post by loboLoco » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:08 pm

StarFoosh wrote:I was wondering, will multiplayer for amethyst mountain be available when the new amethyst mountain gameplay/map is released later this year?
We hope so, but it might be added a bit later.
Desulto wrote:I’m kind of confused. The FAQ makes the new release sound to me like WQ 3 will be both an individual computer app release and an update to the existing 2.7 app. Am I mishearing things? Also, will Lost River be included in 3?
How we deliver it will vary some (whether a new app or update of 2.7), depending on platform and storefront...it gets complicated. Lost River will be included at some point.
IceaPlayzPC wrote:How long does the daylight cycle last, from one sunrise to the next sunrise?
We're still tuning that.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

XxDestinyHeartxX
Pup
Pup
Name: Destiny/Dest

Post by XxDestinyHeartxX » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:09 pm

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Finally, the mates will hunt well!! Question: Will you be able to call the mates off when you’re trying to herd the elk, or will herding an injured elk no longer be a thing?

Poa
Pup
Pup
Name: Twister

Post by Poa » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:31 am

I have a question, if you're uploading each world in stages, what are you going to do about things like new animal models, animations and behaviours? Will our wolves look different and need to drink when Amethyst Mountain comes out? Or when Tower Falls comes out? Or somewhere in between?

Auburn_CardinalWolf
Pup
Pup

Post by Auburn_CardinalWolf » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:52 pm

Super excited for this! It looks wonderful, jolly good show :) very realistic. Didn't I hear something about wolves needing to drink water in WQ3? I think that would be really cool and I support that idea, I think it'd be nice and realistic if you get the thirstiest when you're running around chasing elk, otherwise you'd only need to drink every know and again but it should help replenish your stamina, just a thought :) I'd also love a cute drinking animation with the wolf's tongue lapping water lol :) Lovely progress, can't wait for WQ3!

Angelily507
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: lily

Post by Angelily507 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:09 am

hey i was thinking that after you kill an animal that around the wolf's mouth could be some blood like in real life.

EDIT: i had an idea for when your hunting, so in real life an wolf pack can identify if an animal is sick,injured extra, well i was wondering if that could be put into the game.
Last edited by Koa on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding information from double-post.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:39 am

Auburn_CardinalWolf wrote:Super excited for this! It looks wonderful, jolly good show :) very realistic. Didn't I hear something about wolves needing to drink water in WQ3? I think that would be really cool and I support that idea, I think it'd be nice and realistic if you get the thirstiest when you're running around chasing elk, otherwise you'd only need to drink every know and again but it should help replenish your stamina, just a thought :) I'd also love a cute drinking animation with the wolf's tongue lapping water lol :) Lovely progress, can't wait for WQ3!
Yes. Hydration will be a mechanic in WolfQuest 3.
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=82877
Angelily507 wrote:hey i was thinking that after you kill an animal that around the wolf's mouth could be some blood like in real life.

EDIT: i had an idea for when your hunting, so in real life an wolf pack can identify if an animal is sick,injured extra, well i was wondering if that could be put into the game.
In the future, please edit your post instead of double-posting.

In the current version of WolfQuest, some elk have had slightly lower health bars than others.

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:08 am

Poa wrote:I have a question, if you're uploading each world in stages, what are you going to do about things like new animal models, animations and behaviours? Will our wolves look different and need to drink when Amethyst Mountain comes out? Or when Tower Falls comes out? Or somewhere in between?
WQ3 will be a new game and won't replace the old one (even though we are calling it an update because it is free to everyone who owns the current game). For PC/Mac, we plan to release WolfQuest 3 as a new app on your computer, so you can keep WQ 2.7 and play either version of the game at any time. (On mobile, we are still working on the plan, since app stores are more restrictive about app upgrades.) The WQ3 Amethyst Mountain will have drinking water and all the new features and systems.

WQ3 will use the same player accounts as 2.7. You’ll be able to log into WQ3 and import your existing wolves–– so yes, they will look different as they will b the new models. However, your old-style wolves will remain available in 2.7.
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by LamarWolf » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:50 pm

I've been thinking about the elk and hunting in Wolfquest3 and have some questions. Will bull elk and moose have different antler sizes and with bull elk be easier to hunt in winter especially late winter while they're recovering from winter and the rut? Thanks.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:08 pm

LamarWolf wrote:I've been thinking about the elk and hunting in Wolfquest3 and have some questions. Will bull elk and moose have different antler sizes and with bull elk be easier to hunt in winter especially late winter while they're recovering from winter and the rut? Thanks.

Since those features already exist in the current game I imagine they still will in the update.