I'm the Boss...or Not

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Re: I'm the Boss...or Not

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:58 pm

This looks so fantastic so far! I'm loving it!

Quick question... how would you completely avoid a fight? Of course you could very easily avoid the territory altogether, however what if you accidentally run into a pack and don't want to get in a fight? Would submitting to the pack work? It appears that running away just makes them automatically attack you. If there's no way to avoid a fight thats fine (and justified for the other pack because i would be on their territory)

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:56 am

I love how much more interactive the NPC wolves are going to be! Gotta love the bloopers, lol. And I'm loving that fluffy wolf face at 2:07.

MysteryFoxSpirt
Pup
Pup
Name: Mystery

Post by MysteryFoxSpirt » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:45 am

Also personality!

Bold means more aggressive, and they would circle closer?
Cautious means they'd be less aggressive and would circle farther back?

Energetic means they'd be more ready for a fight?
Lazy means less excitement for a fight?

Social means more talkative or persuasive to get you out?
Loner means he probably would stray from the fight?

Tell me if this is right please!
I'm gonna do this for every post from now on too. Because I can lel.
Keep it up my Wolf lovers! :wolf:

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:45 am

This looks amazing! Can't wait to see the new wolf fights in polished action! The bloopers are also great for a laugh! Haha!

Keep up the good work WQ team!

PEACHYBAB
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by PEACHYBAB » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:13 am

Keep up the great work!!!! I'm so excited for this! A realistic wolf game hasn't even existed. (Except for WQ earlier games) Take your time guys!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:08 am

Phasoli wrote:Will we ever encounter more than three wolves at a time?
Sure, you'll meet stranger patrols with various numbers of wolves in them.

AmberZeWolf wrote:This makes me kind of wish that strangers wolves could be enabled for Pack Life multiplayer games, like a toggle feature. Make the game more interesting and have fights between the pack wolves with your own pack
Agreed -- we haven't given the Pack Life mode much thought yet, but we will.

Polynesia wrote:Do you think, in the Slough creek arc when you have chosen a home, an neighbour pack will ever actively seek out and invade your den site?
They will definitely want to come kill your pups.

TimberRaven wrote:Will a single whine change a fight? Could you attack someone in MP?
Whining wouldn't change a fight, but it might have some affect on the situation.

MP will have NPC packs that you can fight; player vs. player fighting is something we hope to add in Tower Fall.

wolf_whisperer98 wrote:Depending on how strong we make our wolves, will that, in turn, depict the outcome of fights?
Wolf strength will be one of many factors, yes.

watergoat wrote:when you come up on a group like that will each stranger wolf treat you the same or will they all have different opinions of you?
Well, they won't have thoughts like "That wolf is so beautiful, I won't attack her" -- their mindset is determined by your location in their territory, their personality, and the power dynamics.

IceaPlayzPC wrote:how would you completely avoid a fight? Of course you could very easily avoid the territory altogether, however what if you accidentally run into a pack and don't want to get in a fight?

Run!

(And keep running until you're out of their territory.)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:42 am

This is so cool! Also enjoy the funny fails after the demonstration! I cannot wait to play this game....eventually.

Love your guys work! :D

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

mizgraffiti
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by mizgraffiti » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:54 am

I love how realistic this is getting? At times, will there be less or more than three wolves that try and attack you, or is it always three? Same question for getting a mate, since I saw that now you have to try and get their attention better now too.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:54 am

mizgraffiti wrote:I love how realistic this is getting? At times, will there be less or more than three wolves that try and attack you, or is it always three? Same question for getting a mate, since I saw that now you have to try and get their attention better now too.
If you re-watch the video on mates (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=84477), you'll notice that Dave specifies that you can run into one, two, or even three dispersal wolves at the same time. I would assume there is a similar numerical mechanic/algorithm in place for hostile wolves and/or both fall under the same mechanic/algorithm. I have not heard this number yet go beyond three. I would assume that it is more likely that, if your wolf is facing a pack, for this "maximum" number to go up more than if your wolf is facing dispersal wolves. Dave would have more information.

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 am

I can't wait to fight wolves! It looks so fun

Dinoman9877
Pup
Pup

Post by Dinoman9877 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:15 am

This is gonna be a lot better than clicking a button and biting in their general direction. It's going to be interesting to balance the ability to hunt with the ability to overpower other wolves.