Early Access Release Date

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Koa

Riverfrost_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: River

Re: Early Access Release Date

Post by Riverfrost_ » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:54 pm

Woohoo!! Download has begun!! :wolf:

watergoat
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by watergoat » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:45 pm

It finally released on Steam

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:28 am

My new computer should arrive today but nevermind I can't wait I'll just download it anyway to my current very bad one to try it. :D

Edit: My current laptop seems to die trying to run even the start screen, so glad I bought the new one hahaha...

Edit 2: So I tried glorious just for a laugh and now I can't even launch the game, just saying for people who don't have the chance to use a better computer this mistake would be a little grievious, (though they can re install but still). In the old game graphics can be chosen before launch, that might be a good thing now too? Because if the game fails to even launch one can't try to change to lower settings now.

Edit 3: Nope re install doesn't help so yeah people don't do it even for fun if your computer can't handle it.

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:00 am

@x1103 - the problem with not being able to launch the game once too high graphical settings have been chosen is known and addressed. I'm sure a fix and/or solution will be provided soon. Sorry to hear you're encountering this issue!

Itschi
Pup
Pup

Post by Itschi » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:47 am

Hi,

I love it :wolf:

But some parts are strange.
The camera is moving to much around. Can I fix the camera somehow?

I bit a mule deer and it tragged me away but my camera didn't move.
I could see my wolve in the distance.

I sleeped next to an elx carcase and when I woke up there were ravens, a bear, a fox and coyotes.
A bit much don't you think?

Anyway, back to the game.

[V]engeance
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by [V]engeance » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:56 am

Hello ! Not sure where to place this question since I am a little new to this community forum! I just bought the game off Steam about an hour ago. For some reason I cannot create my wolf. None of the coats appear when I click on them nor can I change the ears or tail. I'm stuck with the default coat that the game starts up with. I cannot change the tone of the wolf's coat either. That is also stuck to default. I've restarted my computer 3 times. Is this a known bug, or?

perenril
Name: Ril|Anna

Post by perenril » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:23 am

[V]engeance wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:56 am
For some reason I cannot create my wolf. None of the coats appear when I click on them nor can I change the ears or tail. I'm stuck with the default coat that the game starts up with. I cannot change the tone of the wolf's coat either. That is also stuck to default. I've restarted my computer 3 times. Is this a known bug, or?
Hey there!

Are you on WQ 2.7 or the Anniversery Edition? If you're on the AE edition, you wouldn't happen to have wolf fur graphics turned off? Because if so, then this is a known thing that happens currently. The different coat colors and other customisations you've attemtpted to equip will show up once you start the game in Slough Creek.
If you're on 2.7, I wouldn't be of much use ^^' You'll have to wait for someone of higher knowledge to help ya out.
Last edited by perenril on Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Itschi
Pup
Pup

Post by Itschi » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:49 am

My pack affinity is 65,26862 % a bit much decimals.

thelostwolf12345
Pup
Pup
Name: Scruff

Post by thelostwolf12345 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:03 am

my HP stream laptop just CANT handle the game upon it getting booted up. the music plays, then the game freezes on the face of the super awesome new and improved wolf before getting a low memory error message forcing me to close the game.
I believe it might be something to do with the graphics.
will there be a way to change the graphics settings before booting the game in the future?

Poa
Pup
Pup
Name: Twister

Post by Poa » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:34 am

[V]engeance wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:56 am
Hello ! Not sure where to place this question since I am a little new to this community forum! I just bought the game off Steam about an hour ago. For some reason I cannot create my wolf. None of the coats appear when I click on them nor can I change the ears or tail. I'm stuck with the default coat that the game starts up with. I cannot change the tone of the wolf's coat either. That is also stuck to default. I've restarted my computer 3 times. Is this a known bug, or?
Yeah I had this glitch too. You just have to turn on fur effects for the wolves. then you'll see the fur coat changes. As for body morphs like the ear, when you click on it, there's a slider at the bottom. slide that back and forth to adjust the severity of the morph.

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:09 am

When I was hunting, my wolf was on a slope hunting mule deer. and my wolfs body went weirdly flat. Not completely and then quickly resolved itself. It was only really on one part of a slope. not all over. It was actually pretty funny to watch! To be expected, it not going to be perfect. but that alright. Your team has done a great job so far!
Also, good luck in creating slough creek. Looks GreaT! THE PUPPIES ARE SO DARN CUTE!!! ThankYou for all the work you have been doing for the community everyone!

rene-frankie
Pup
Pup

Post by rene-frankie » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:27 pm

can someone help me? i previously won the game from the monthly contests and downloaded through itch.io but i cant seem to figure out how to download anniversary edition right now

RainnWQ
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lex

Post by RainnWQ » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:50 pm

I'm not certain where to post this, but I had a small suggestion ^^ During wolf fights I've noticed that the other wolf bites and holds on for a REALLY long time, and was wondering if in the future the bite time could be reduced, or there could be a way for the player to struggle and escape?

It gets a bit frustrating when you're trying to flee a territory and they follow and keep biting your leg and hanging on for ages, quickly draining health and inevitably killing you. But yeah, other than that, no complaints, I'm amazed by the game! Can't stop playing!

perenril
Name: Ril|Anna

Post by perenril » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:30 pm

thelostwolf12345 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:03 am

I believe it might be something to do with the graphics.
will there be a way to change the graphics settings before booting the game in the future?
Solitary Howl came up with a temporary solution for this.

If nothing appears when you search 'registry editor' in the task bar search as it did for me, try searching 'regedit'. Once you've found the WQAE file, there'll be titles like; 'FogQuality', 'TerrainQuality', 'UnityGraphicsQuality', 'FurOption', and so on. Click onto these then change their values to '1' or '0'.

I hope this helps!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:37 pm

@ all: Please post all questions in Tips, Hints, and Help so we can redirect users more easily to similar questions that they may ask in the future.

https://wolfquest.org/bb/viewforum.php?f=2

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”