Looking Forward, Looking Back

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Looking Forward, Looking Back

Post by loboLoco » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:33 pm

[youtube]lOLrZy7WzS8[/youtube]
Video link: https://youtu.be/lOLrZy7WzS8

We are one week away from the release of WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition early access for PC and Mac computers! It has been a lot longer haul to get here than anybody expected but this initial release is in sight and, of course, there's lots more to come after that: Slough Creek, Lost River, multiplayer, mobile, and Tower Fall! We are very excited how things are coming together and eager to get it out there!

So we thought we'd just take this moment to look back at how WolfQuest began. A couple years ago, we made a video about those early days of WolfQuest and so we thought we'd bring that back around now. So we hope you'll take a little time and watch it while you're waiting for next Thursday and the Early Access release of WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition for PC and Mac!

Wildest Dreams: The Story of WolfQuest (Chapter 1): https://youtu.be/bDeA-0I7xjM

Catch up on all the development news at WolfQuest. org/blog
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Looking Forward, Looking Back

Post by LamarWolf » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:37 pm

Looking back wolfquest has been great for me from a player's stand point, and looking forward I can see it will be better. Thanks for all the work you've put into the game and I'm excited for the released next week.

Itschi
Pup
Pup

Post by Itschi » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:11 am

Can't belive this is the last one before the releas :D
So exitet to finally play the new wolfquest.

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:51 am

Im really excited for the release next week! I wonder what next weeks devlog will look like...

EDIT: Wait, what about the toads? Will they be coming in early access? An answer will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by elkhunter123456 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:41 am

I can't wait to finally play it! On Steam I will write a review after a few hours of playing. :D

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:14 am

This was literally just a concept to begin with, its amazing to see how far this game has moved since the very beginning. I'm glad I get to play this game, as it makes you look back, and look forward at all the hard work the developers, and others have put into this game. :D

-StarBender2000 :wolf:
Last edited by Zoopal55 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:37 am

If I enjoy 2.7 excessively, just how much will I enjoy WolfQuest 3? :D
As if Amethyst Mountain alone isn't good enough, the blog posts will keep on coming, and I'll be looking forward to Thursdays even as this will keep me busy!
If I ever forget all the patience and time that went into this game, the elusive bright pink cougar can say it all. :lol:
Thank you so much for making this game. I can't begin to express my excitement! :D

StarFoosh
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lou

Post by StarFoosh » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:11 pm

Oh my gosh I can’t wait!! I’m counting down the days til Thursday! I am curious though, what time will the Anniversary Edition show up on steam for download? Thanks so much for all of you and your team’s hard work!!

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:18 pm

The count down is on! It’s definitely been a long journey, but it’s also been very fun. It’s amazing how one little idea could blossom into something spectacular. I love this game and the community so much!

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Two more days until the Anniversary Edition releases! Man, I'm excited. A little overwhelmed, yes, but excited nonetheless. It's honestly really crazy to think that we've waited two years for this, it's been such a long journey, from the first teaser trailer for Tower Fall to the announcement of WolfQuest 3 to the point where beta testing began, all the way to now. Sure, as I've said before, at some times it honestly felt like the game was never going to be finished, but now here we are, only a couple days from the release. The new game has come a long way, I can still remember when we thought WolfQuest 3 would simply be a new update and would actually be released last year (lol, we had no idea) and we've just come a long way from that. And looking back at even older versions of the game like 2.5 and 2.7 and even the first releases of the game, it's honestly hard to believe just how far the game has come. The fact that this 10+ year old game (or shall I say franchise, considering that WolfQuest Anniversary Edition is an entirely new game) is still being improved is incredible, I'm sure that 10 years ago, or heck, even five years ago nobody would have ever expected this game to have made it this far, and yet here we are, two days away from the release of a next generation reboot of it. It's amazing, and with more updates coming to the early access version of the Anniversary Edition (Bighorn Sheep, Multiplayer, etc) along with the full release, not to mention Tower Fall and maybe even other future expansions and additions to the game in the years to come, there is still plenty to look forward to. The future of this game looks bright, and I can't wait to see where the game goes in the future.