Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
A lot of players have asked over the years how they can become beta testers -- and now they can! We’ve been working for the past two months on a couple substantial new features, and we’re ready now to open this new version, v1.0.2, to public beta testing. Anyone on Steam who want to try these new features can do so. Those who prefer to stick to the official released version can stay on that until the beta period is over and we release this version as the official current release.
Note: This beta is currently for Windows only, but we should have the Mac beta out in a few days. The beta is available only on Steam, because it has a very easy-to-use method of switching between beta builds and the released build.
Watch the video to see what’s in this new version, and for some tips on submitting useful bug reports:
To get the beta build:
1) In the Steam app, go to your Library, then right-click on the WolfQuest: AE name in the left column and choose Properties.
2) Then go to the Betas tab and select the WQ current Beta option in the pulldown. No password is necessary.
Steam should then start downloading it. Later you can switch back to the public version in that Betas tab, by selecting NONE in that pulldown.
Please use the F11 Bug Reporter to submit bug reports, but you can also discuss issues on the new Public Beta discussion forum on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/926990/discussions/2/
This beta build has the following changes:
New AI Pathfinding System
This replaces the pathfinding and obstacle avoidance system in the game. It's much more robust for both large-scale topography (like steep cliffs) and small objects like trees and boulders.
We have complete support now for the Xbox controller (PS4 and Steam Controller support will be added in the final release of v1.0.2.). Please refer to the Controller diagram in Game Settings: Controls for guidance, as we have not yet added controller icons to the game tutorials and help screens. Remapping should generally work, though not well tested yet.
* Refined the lighting intensity and effects, especially at dawn/dusk and nighttime, with and without moonlight.
* Revised the cliff rocks with new shader for better realism and dynamic snow.
* Tweaked grizzly bear run-animation speed.
* Improved general appearance of snow on ground
* Removed white haze in sky when rain/storm clears.
In Glorious quality level, grass and shadow distance is increased, for better visuals and slightly worse performance.
* Grizzly bears should be a bit less common now.
* Missing guitar-emote music during courtship.
* Can get stuck on rocks or trees when sliding down steep slope.
* Can skate on pond surface if you jump onto pond from land.
* Duplicate bull herds.
* Too many bulls in one place (won't be fixed in saves)
* Terrain tweaks and fixes.
* Clouds evolve shape too quickly.
* Snow on gnarly white bark pine was too extensive.
* Problems with invert camera toggles.
* Pink mule deer carcass.
* Placement problems with snow on grizzlies
* Wolf skull in Fossil Forest is too small.
* Areas where you can get stuck in cliff rocks.
* Sometimes prey run too slowly when you are chasing them.
* Mismatched coat texture on one dispersal wolf in Courtship popup.
* When playing on Fastest quality, eagle wings have holes.
* Some nature sounds don't respect audio slider settings.
* Shadows are too jiggly sometimes.
* Various terrain tweaks and refinements
WolfQuest Game Producer
WolfQuest Game Producer
- Posts: 319
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:59 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: My room
YES an update! I dont know why im so late this time XD, probably because i was playing wolfquest for hours. (wolfquest never does get boring) So does this update mean mates wont act like robots around cliffs anymore?