Boulderiffic!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Boulderiffic!

Post by loboLoco » Thu May 28, 2020 1:18 pm

The large granite boulders that are scattered across Yellowstone, and our game maps, are distinctive elements of the landscape. But due to technical constraints, in WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition, they’ve only been visible on higher quality levels, when Enhanced Sky & Vegetation mode is enabled. But that’s changing in the next patch! We’ve created a new method of spawning these boulders so everyone can appreciate them — and even better, they’re now walkable! Get the details in today’s devblog video.

These new boulders will be in the next patch, coming in the next few days to public beta, and in official release soon after that. (The bison update is still several weeks away.)

We have released the first episode of WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition (Amethyst Mountain) for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. While in Early Access, we are updating the game frequently with more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall (DLC).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

smolderingash
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Boulderiffic!

Post by smolderingash » Thu May 28, 2020 11:22 pm

Yay!! Cheers for my old computer that will soon be able to see the be-a-youtiful boulders. :D 8)

Zawki

Post by Zawki » Fri May 29, 2020 8:47 am

This is one of those little things that makes me so happy. I have always wanted to be able to get on top of the boulders, but I thought it would be more hassle to implement than it was worth, so I never expected it to actually happen. How exciting! Thanks so much for adding this little feature.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri May 29, 2020 11:43 am

Yes! Yaay! The rocks look a lot better now from far off, and now we can walk on them without getting stuck! Thank you Dave!!

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Sat May 30, 2020 12:50 am

I'm really looking forward to finally being able to walk on the rocks without getting stuck.