Faces and Places

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Faces and Places

Post by loboLoco » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:03 pm

Two topics today:

1) We've added five wolf coat variations to ensure more variety in the dispersals with black coats that you encounter when looking for a mate. There's always been a bit of a shortage of true black coats (e.g. black without any tint), which leads to several dispersals having the same black coat -- but this became quite noticeable after adding the Luna coat, since it's so distinctive. So now dispersals have more coats to choose from when the game generates them. Note that these new coats are (a) variations of existing coats and (b) not available to the player in wolf customization. However, pups can have these coats when grown, so that's how you can ultimately play as a wolf with one of them. Remember that we are also working on a DLC pack with fifteen coats based on real Yellowstone wolves and hope to get that out within a few weeks. (Luna is part of the Ambassador wolf coat set that we released with Slough Creek. Learn more about the wolves who inspired these coats here: https://support.wolfquest.org/help/wolf-coats)

2) Slough Creek is a vast area, and placenames can help you orient yourself -- but the game map currently only has a few. We'd like to add a few more, at least, and so we're looking for ideas! We think placenames should be generally descriptive, along the lines of real Yellowstone names like Soda Butte, Pebble Creek and Round Prairie, but sometimes with a dash of imagination, like the Yellowstone peak called "The Thunderer." We don't think human names or Tolkieneque names are suitable. If you have an idea, go to that location in the game, open the World Map, and press F11 to submit a feedback report with your suggestion.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Re: Faces and Places

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:25 am

Those coats look great! And I'm looking forward to the new DLC which is coming soon, because I like the idea that more Ambassador wolf skins will be added. And I'll buy it, doesn't matter how much it'll be.

Keep safe and healthy! :wink:

wolfadore
Pup
Pup

Post by wolfadore » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:34 am

I love the new coats! Bravo on a job well done.

I’m curious, though (and am kind of suggesting...), will the pack of coats that you can purchase include wolves 42 and 21 from the Druid Peak Pack or wolf 8? If not, I highly recommend!

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:34 pm

Forgot to suggest this in-game, however Elkhorn Ridge sounds like a beautiful name for the mountains in SC.